UK Vogue November 2022 : A Tribute to Queen Elizabeth II

For someone who prides himself as a revolutionary.. this is not it.

Her Majesty deserved more than just a purple cover. Couldn't they have at least commissioned a British artist who could have sketched Her Majesty using a purple pen/paint/what have you?

I didn’t know about the history of the purple cover, but I’m glad they kept it up; it’s fitting at times like this to embrace tradition. The cover has a certain stillness to it, as if all the blank space is a visual moment of silence. It’s appropriate, I like it.

I do feel that with the news settled in now, it might have been nice to just wait for the December issue and close the year out with a moment of reflection, dedicating 2022 to the memory of the Queen. This sort of just feels like they’re late to it (not their fault I know). It would still be old news come December, but at least it would be a bit more symbolic and commemorative. I guess they wanted to acknowledge it as soon as possible though, which is fair enough.

Traditions are meant to be broken, especially pointless stuff like this. Edward was going on about how ~shocking~ it was to have a man on the cover but he couldn't switch it up, be creative and actually do something different for this?

A Meisel tribute to the Queen would have been great. I don't remember him doing a royalty story.

I will say this contradictory comment against myself here; months ago we have seen a tribute to the Queen (when she was alive) with two covers. One with Anya and other with a silver portrait of Elizabeth herself. Maybe the idea was not doing the same so quickly after that. Hate the purple cover, but I guess, beyond tradition, was the best option they had over the table. Still, I feel sorry for the November cover subject. This will affect the plans for December and January.

Whoever was supposed to get the November cover must be well annoyed!

Can't believe how empty and lifeless this thread is after some days. Linda's Vogue had lots of comments the very same day of its release. No a clue about what's inside yet?!

Whoever was supposed to get the November cover must be well annoyed!

Perhaps the cover Edward Enninful originally had planned will end up on say Vogue Spain or Vogue Germany.

Here's what the cover looks like in person:

Unless he was over budget and this has helped save costs... Steven cant be cheap!

Indeed, where is the gloss? Subscribers, care to share a review?

Hoping mine will arrive tomorrow, no sign of it yet! I’ll do a review when it lands if nobody beats me to it.

LEAGUES AHEAD
Photography:
Campbell Addy
Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Issac Poleon
Make-up: Chiao-Li
Models: Akon Changkou, Maty Fall, Achenrin Madit & Nyagua Ruea

UK Vogue Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members