Teen Vogue August 2008 : Amanda Seyfried by Patrick Demarchelier

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
2612084846_6114d0a22e_o.jpg

source | makeupbag

[FONT=Lucida Grande,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Radiating bombshell good looks and an innate knack for her craft, Amanda Seyfried has all the makings of a Hollywood heavyweight. Yet as she takes the silver screen by storm in this summer’s epic musical, Mamma Mia!, it’s safe to say that Amanda is not only unique – but she’s in a league all her [/FONT][FONT=Lucida Grande,Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]own. [/FONT]

When it comes to Amanda – a 22 year-old ex-child model who remains best known for her portrayal of a ditzy “Plastic” in Mean Girls, or the doomed high-school beauty in Veronica Mars – appearances can be more than a little bit deceiving. With long golden locks and an angelic face, it’s no wonder Amanda has encountered an unfortunate typecast; however, once represented by famed modeling agency Wilhelmina, Amanda’s striking face is credited with igniting her career. Posing for Limited Too campaigns alongside fellow future actress, Leighton Meester, Amanda remembers her insecurities budding around the time she met the ‘Gossip Girl.’ “Leighton was very confident,” she recalls. “And I was very shy.”​

As Amanda steps out of the shadows as one of Tinsletown’s brightest young talents, she is candid in revealing that her life as an actress was not always a priority. When she first moved to New York from her native Allentown, Pennsylvania a half-decade ago all Amanda wanted to do was sing.​

Classically trained as in vocals from the time she was eleven, Amanda once actively pursued her dreams of Pop-Stardom and Broadway. “I lived and breathed singing,” she recalls. “But then when I started acting, that was just it.” Over the course of her versatile career, Amanda has been working on her confidence just as much as she’s been practicing her skills as an actress.​

Along with self-assurance, she also remembers feeling uneasy about the fame that comes along with acting. Rather than share feelings about her own success, Amanda gives insight into the nature of some of the tabloid’s regular targets. “It really can go either way,” she explains. “I’ve met some people who are so freaking distraught and who don’t know how to handle it, and I’ve met some who have their head on straight and are really happy.” In regard to her most infamous costar to date, Lindsay Lohan, Amanda is quick to mention, “Lindsay was great on Mean Girls. I think that was before she got a little nuts.” Unlike so many young actresses who bask in the glow of celebrity, Amanda Seyfried reveals that life in the spotlight has been an unexpected surprise. “I had no trust in myself that I was made for this,” she admits - and then came Mamma Mia!. Amanda’s role as Sophie in the film version of Broadway’s cult-classic gave the actress a newfound faith in her gift. “I can’t believe I was in it!” she gushes. “That helped my confidence, just the fact that I was able to do it”… “Now” – she smiles – “I feel good enough.” With early praise for her performance in Mamma Mia!, Amanda’s gearing-up her wardrobe for the many red carpets she’ll soon be gracing.

In choosing an outfit for premieres, Amanda says that she’s “looking for something sophisticated and modest.” Just like other girls, Amanda notes her physical insecurities, though they have never caused her to shy away from fashion. Citing a penchant for great jeans and dresses, Amanda credits Miu Miu and Opening Ceremony by Chloe Sevigny among her favorite labels.

Though she professes a love for fashion, individuality is always Amanda’s first inspiration. “I have my own sense of style. I on’t necessarily copy anybody to the T.” So what’s next for Hollywood’s newly minted starlet? More acting of course! Amanda is currently working on Diablo Cody’s latest movie, Jennifer’s Body, and has recently finished shooting the independent film, Boogie Woogie. In addition to her role on HBO’s acclaimed TV series Big Love, be sure to look out for Amanda on MTV where she’s set to make her music video debut with a recording of Mamma Mia’s! “Gimme Gimme Gimme.”​

hmm. not to get all in with the racist thing in fashion but when did teen vogue ever have non-white people on the cover, except for maybe chanel iman?

^joy bryant, rihanna, ciara have all had covers... anyway, i love amanda but they could have done such a better job for a cover shot. this photo doesn't do her justice.

“Lindsay was great on Mean Girls. I think that was before she got a little nuts.”

Excellent quote. :P She looks good, and she's really talented. :heart:

finally,someone talented and different,not someone we'd expect to see

Editorial review:

Reality Check
Photographer: Jason Kibbler
Fashion Editor: Jill Davidson
Models: Georgie & Nathalie Edenburg

Smarty Pants
Photographer: Horst Diekgerdes
Fashion Editor: Beth Fenton
Model: Kate Somers

Cool Cat
Photographer: Thomas Schenk
Fashion Editor: Heathermary Jackson
Model: Natalia

In Full Bloom

Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Fashion Editor: Jillian Davidson
Star: Amanda Seyfried

Study Haul
Photographer: Tom Allen
Fashion Editor: Aya T. Kanai
Models: Hyoni and Sam

I'm exhausted so no scans right now but I can scan this weekend if no one else beats me to it :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
YES YES YES YES (cartwheel) YES!

they could have left out that silly hat.

I re-watched Mean Girls today and it is a total cinematical masterpiece. I luuuuuuuuuurve Karen but I'm kind of neutral towards this cover.

"It's like I have ESPN or something." :innocent:

She's not really worthy of the cover IMO
Her acting ability is really mediocre and that movie is going to suck, I can just sense it.

I love the girl, this isn't a bad cover, but I just doubt that this was the best cover shot available to them.

dont like this cover, a little boring.

The cover's alright, but only thanks to Amanda. They should've been more ambitious with such an exceptionally gorgeous girl on hand.

I look forward to seeing the eds, though, sounds like a great lineup :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->