Teen Vogue August 2008 : Amanda Seyfried by Patrick Demarchelier

Study Haul
Photographer: Tom Allen
Fashion Editor: Aya T. Kanai
Models: Hyoni and Sam

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Teen Vogue August 08

Thanks for the scans Luxx and Vini.

The eds are cute and youthful. I spotted some MBMJ boots that I like very much...:innocent:

the bag editorial that luxx scanned was absolutely amazing.

I love the cover. It reminded me of Kate Bosworth's as well but I love the hat. Looks so like autumn.
The cats are great. Stupid that I live in Germany

More from Teenvogue.com:

star01_coverlook0807.jpg

SOUND OF MUSIC: While at the shoot, Amanda—who belts out all her own tunes in the ABBA-scored musical turned movie Mamma Mia!—sang along with the radio in between takes. Her mom, who was with her on set, joked: "I miss hearing her sing. The cats don't though. When she hits those high notes, there's one cat who's so afraid…when he sees her, he goes running!"
ROCK THIS WAY: We dressed the star in lots of luxe knits, oversize tweeds, and flowery prints—grunge rock-inspired but with a feminine twist. Amanda loved the clothes and was particularly obsessed with a flirty, olive-colored D&G dress.

AMANDA, ON YOUNG HOLLYWOOD: "You never know what to expect from somebody who's young and successful. It can really go either way. I've met some people who are just so freaking distraught and who don't know how to handle it, and I've met some who have their head on straight and are really happy. You try to stick around them."
AMANDA, ON BECOMING AN ACTRESS: "I just didn't think I could do it… I'd see myself on a monitor and I would be like, Eww. Who wants to see me? Who wants to listen to that voice? I had no trust in myself that I was made for this."
AMANDA, ON GETTING THE LEAD IN MAMMA MIA: "I was shocked when I got the role… Shocked. For someone to put their trust in me, to put all of this responsibility on me, is kind of awesome."
AMANDA, ON FILMING IN GREECE: "As soon as we landed, Dom [Dominic Cooper, the gorgeous Brit who plays her love interest] and I hopped out of the plane, threw all of our stuff in the hotel, put on our bathing suits, ran out onto the beach, and went straight in the water. And then we turned around and we saw the choreographer, and Pierce [Brosnan] and his sons, and all these people…they all did the same thing. It was so luxurious. It blew my mind." AMANDA, ON PLANS FOR THE FUTURE: "If I came out with a club hit, if I were singing duets with Jesse McCartney, I think people would get the wrong idea. I'm not interested in fashion design. I'm an actress, and that's all I want to focus on. For me, that's just more fulfilling."

That photo is so lovely!
stsl04_coverlook0807.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^Nice pics and I like how nice and grounded she seems both in the VF article and in that excerpt.

What's this? Someone who actually has talent on the Teen Vogue cover?!

^ Shocking, isn't it?! :shock:

Amanda on the cover + Kate, Natalia, Georgie, Naty... it's the first time in ages that I'm anxious for a TV issue to get here. Thanks for the scans! If someone feels up to it, I'd really like to see Reality Check too :flower:

here's the reality checked, i don;t have scanner, so i tok pic :P
sorry for the bad quality

DSCN7066.jpg

DSCN7067.jpg

DSCN7068.jpg

i love Teen Vogue editorials:wub:

I bought the issue today and noticed how highly sexualized the ads have gotten...this is a teen magazine. I think it's a bit hypocritical to show ads featuring young women wearing very, very lowcut tops that show most of the breast and stomach area and girls half dressed laying around with a come hither stare and then in the next few pages we see an article about how 1 in 4 teen girls has an STD. An article in which they suggested abstinence as a way of preventing them.

I'm also a bit sick of their pushing certain models on us. For instance, Karlie Kloss. Is she really a name noteworthy enough to feature in the horoscope section? She's not successful enough for all that, the only reason most of the Teen Vogue readers even know of her is because how often they feature her in their magazine making sure to include her name in bold, capitailzed letters.

Another problem I'm having is the price of the clothes they're featuring. I'm 14 and I can assure all of you that NO ONE I know that is around my age could ever afford a $1,500.00 D&G coat, or a $1,800.00 Miu Miu top, or $405.00 Thierry Lasry sunglasses, umm sunglasses! And even if they could, why in the world would a teenager need such expensive clothing that is (usually) designed for adults, with jobs, anyway? And if it's not that expensive they'll still continually show off $300 jeans and $500 dresses frequently in their editorials in a teen magazine.

Most of the outfits in their editorials are hideous. There's nothing "fashionable" about wearing plaid pants with a floral print blouse and checkered shoes. Honestly, if you saw someone walking down the street in that outfit, the first word that would come to your mind wouldn't be "stylish" it would probably be "eww".

I did however like the Study Haul editorial. It showed wearable outfits, attractive mdoels and it was nice overall. This wasn't their best issue ever, and it's going to continue to be a poor quality magazine until they fix some of the problems I mentioned.

^ I agree with pretty much everything you said.

The prices of the clothes featured is ridiculous, but after all, its is Teen Vogue. I think most would agree that Vogue is mainly targeted towards wealthy, affluent women (basically the people they feature in their issues) even though many other people read it too. And compared to other teen magazines, Teen Vogue seems to be targeted towards, though not solely read by, these women's daughters. While I don't believe all their daughters wear $1,800 Miu Miu tops, they can certainly afford designer clothing.

I don't see Teen Vogue as a magazine to discover pieces of clothing that you can actually buy, but rather as a magazine to get style and outfit ideas from which you can then recreate with far more affordable clothing. :smile:

I agree with what icelynn said too. Also, every time I open a teen vogue I have to laugh at their articles which seem to be geared towards isolated simple minded teenagers. In their most recent article about STDs, they basically say "unsafe sex is dangerous". This isn't the first time they've talked to their readers as if they were three year olds. In the June/July issue they talked about how one application of sunscreen doesn't last all day, uh, duh. It's actually kind of insulting, you can't really get anything out of this magazine except colorful editorials, predictable cover choices, and cliché article titles.

haha yeah, I agree too. I am 23 and I read Teen Vogue just for the model editorials and the fashion ideas. Yes the articles are juvinile but I don't expect to get much more out of it :smile:

Love the 'cool cat' and 'study haul' editorials! Very stylish, inspirational, and with lots of great pieces:smile: Thanks everyone for the scans and photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Editorial review:

Reality Check
Photographer: Jason Kibbler
Fashion Editor: Jill Davidson
Models: Georgie & Nathalie Edenburg

Scans please of the editorial of the Georgie & Nathalie Edenburg ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->