Teen Vogue March 2015 : Binx Walton and Gigi Hadid by Daniel Jackson

beedonaldson

Reaction score

teenvogue.com

"I'm going to Paris for four hours and I didn't even know until two minutes ago," a slightly damp 19-year-old Gigi Hadid announces as she drops her umbrella and slides next to me in a giant booth at a dimly lit eatery. "This is my life now. I'm so busy I don't have time to stop and think about everything that is happening." She's clutching a charmingly ramshackle little yellow notebook like a prized possession."What goes in there?" I ask. "Anything I want! My schedule, I love schedules—notes, little sketches," she says, opening to a doodle-filled page. "I was just watching Alice in Wonderland on a plane to Australia, and I wrote down the quotes I liked."

Gigi and 18-year-old fellow cover girl Binx Walton have been on a fantastical journey this past year. With the help of a cast of unique characters (think Karl Lagerfeld as the Mad Hatter and Tom Ford as the Cheshire Cat), they have become two of the most recognizable and sought-after fresh faces in the industry. Except unlike Alice, this is no daydream!

I meet the ladies on two separate but equally rainy afternoons in New York City, with Gigi at the shiny new Park Avenue South boîte Upland and Binx at the teeny, charming A.B. Biagi gelateria in Nolita. They may represent polar-opposite ends of the modeling spectrum—Binx is cast as the edgy, androgynous girl; Gigi is the charismatic blonde bombshell—but they have more in common than you'd think. Both girls are two minutes early, show up wearing primarily black outfits, and have a cool nonchalance.

"I try to take it day by day, and not let it get to my head," Gigi says.

It's actually odd, but it seems Teen Vogue promotes more American models than Vogue, Elle, HB etc. They've had so many model covers already, and this one reminds me of the one they did many years ago with Karlie, Chanel Iman and another girl (cant remember her).
Binx looks amazing on the both covers. I think this is a great way to build up teen fan base (and garner more followers). I'm sure the Teen Vogue reader would already be familiar with Gigi, so she makes sense here.

I actually really like Gigi's cover!

I love the multigirl cover and the solo ones are too odd for me. Too much space going on imo and its a bit awkward

Can't remember the last time a model was covering Teen Vogue? Can you? Maybe Karlie?
Always happy to see models on covers.

Can't remember the last time a model was covering Teen Vogue? Can you? Maybe Karlie?
Always happy to see models on covers.

Actually, there has been:
• Karlie, Chanel and Ali - Feb 2008
• Karlie - May 2010
• Chanel and Jourdan - Nov 2009
• Kendall - Sept 2014

......and now this.

Actually, there has been:
• Karlie, Chanel and Ali - Feb 2008
• Karlie - May 2010
• Chanel and Jourdan - Nov 2009
• Kendall - Sept 2014

......and now this.

Don't forget Gemma

These covers are adorable, I am sure collectors will pick up all 3 as they should.

I like that they used models on their March issue :smile:

I haven't been a huge fan of either of them but these three covers are stunning! I especially love the cover of them together and Binx's solo cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->