The Art of Gift Wrapping and Card Making

HOW TO TIE THE PERFECT BOW
source | martha stewart

2042655750_dfde1a8849.jpg

1. Pass ribbon over & under box & back up sides. Thread both ends under top ribbon.
2. Tie a left-over-right half-knot, then shape two even loops.
3. Cross right loop over left. Thread right loop behind left, under, and up through hole.
4. Pull loops into a smooth knot. Adjust loops; trims tails to be slightly longer than loops.

sometimes all you need is a very pretty box
or pretty paper/fabric to wrap the present in

i've been noticing a lot of the high-end shops give really really pretty paper bags with tissue paper inside for whatever you've bought (sometimes i won't even care for whatever my brother has bought, and take the paper bag and tissue instead!:lol:)... i would just use them the way they are

here are two from Louis Vuitton

(if you want the really large versions of these pictures, just let me know
they are much nicer up close.. you can see the texture and shine of the papers!)

o_Vuitton_037.jpg

o_Vuitton_040.jpg

ioffer

^_^ This thread is wicked! I love wrapping gifts, although I'm not as creative as the posters of this thread!

I also have a weird obsession with packaging and gift wrap/bags. Sometimes, I'll buy something in a store just to get the bag and reuse it and make it my own as a gift bag. LOL.

what an amazing thread! i heard that in japan according to certain types of folding and wrapping, they mean different things. like if your sending it to someone you like, you fold it a certain way...

im a manic creative wrapper here too!

:clap: Great thread!

I love Target's collection of greeting cards! They are more than just pictures printed on paper. On some level, they're 3D with fancy knick-knacks pasted on!

My mom's the gift wrapper in the family, and she does them beautifully. She wraps them in plain brown packaging paper, but them embellishes them with gems and feathers, and ribbons. Every time I try, it just turns out looking crazy crafty and just plain wierd, but she makes them look great. People have told us that they never want to open our presents because they just love the packaging. haha.

:crush:

by juju_bug
113180339de8b98e948e924af2.jpg

by thejcgerm
382043582d64e2bfed3e901eo1.jpg

by knitsteel

20279733404305b11504e8cbv1.jpg

all from flickr :flower:
never knew you could search for random pictures there ^_^

by the way, the first one,
it's just curtain panelling and brown paper from Ikea !!!
And hemp twine

Hi! I need advice, please somebody help me. I want to give a gift for my friend. The gift is a scarf. I dont know how to package the scarf. Should I put the scarf to gift bag or to gift box OR put the scarf to gift box then put it in gift bag? please. thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->