The Aviator Cast

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Mar 4th, 2004 - 11:50 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Mar 4th, 2004 - 11:50 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-pearsandapples@Mar 4th, 2004 - 1:55 pm
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

i LOVE cate blanchett... but she is NO kate hepburn.

how can she even be cast to play her?????

:shock:  :doh:  :shock:
She's the best there is right now. In my opinion, of course. :flower:
Who else would you want to play her? [/b][/quote]
in all honesty?

i would rather not see kate as a subject in another miserable film by the now master of cheesy films: martin scorsese

that is all.

cate blanchett is my favorite actress in hollywood today... but i just don't see her as kate. jmo though. i can't even begin to understand martin and the new call to make a 1/2 latino woman, into a black female. i mean, how bizarre is that? :sick:

As a classic film fan, I can definitely see Cate as Katharine Hepburn. She may not LOOK like Kate, but I believe she can pull off Kate's personality beautifully...
I'm really doubtful about Gwen Stefani as Jean Harlow, though...i think Renee would do a better job

Originally posted by pearsandapples+Mar 5th, 2004 - 10:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pearsandapples @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 10:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Mar 4th, 2004 - 11:50 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-pearsandapples
@Mar 4th, 2004 - 1:55 pm
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

i LOVE cate blanchett... but she is NO kate hepburn.

how can she even be cast to play her?????

:shock:  :doh:  :shock:

She's the best there is right now. In my opinion, of course. :flower:
Who else would you want to play her?
in all honesty?

i would rather not see kate as a subject in another miserable film by the now master of cheesy films: martin scorsese

that is all.

cate blanchett is my favorite actress in hollywood today... but i just don't see her as kate. jmo though. i can't even begin to understand martin and the new call to make a 1/2 latino woman, into a black female. i mean, how bizarre is that? :sick: [/b][/quote]
I don't think Josie Maran is at all Latino. I remember reading something about her in a magazine once and she said she was of Northern/Eastern European heritage (I forget exactly what...it was ages ago).

But no matter what she is, she bears no resemblance to Lena Horne whatsoever and I fear for her acting ability. There are probably lots of other ladies out there of whatever ethnicity who would be a more authentic Lena than her.

i love cate blancett.

i admire her more than any other modern actress.

kevin spacey is equal for actors

ooooh all of those leo pics....ooooooh hotttttyyyyyyy

i hate to be negative but i have a strange feeling that it may not be so commercially successful though im not a professional movie critic

Originally posted by eguana@Mar 7th, 2004 - 3:44 am
i hate to be negative but i have a strange feeling that it may not be so commercially successful though im not a professional movie critic
Bah! Who cares about that... :innocent: The fact that it's actually a good movie is more important to me... :wink:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Mar 7th, 2004 - 1:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Mar 7th, 2004 - 1:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@Mar 7th, 2004 - 3:44 am
Bah! Who cares about that... :innocent: The fact that it's actually a good movie is more important to me... :wink: [/b][/quote]
You're so right purplelucrezia! :blush: Nowadays, lots of people go out to watch or rent a movie just because it's a huge blockbuster hit, it's popular, boasts a star studded cast and it contains stunning visual effects (and you know what I am talking about : awfull productions like all the infamous J.Lo movies.....).

It's been a while since I sat down and watched a movie and be like "wow, this is truly terrific !".

And back to topic, I am really glad Cate Blanchett is in The Aviator; she's such an awesome actress. I had trouble recognizing Gwen on the pic posted ! :shock:

Originally posted by kimkhuu@Mar 7th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
It's been a while since I sat down and watched a movie and be like "wow, this is truly terrific !".
You should watch more old movies then... :wink:
Seriously though, I really am looking forward to this film!

thread revival...
i realised this picture hasn't been posted! :o so here it is :wink:
2004_the_aviator_001.jpg

Originally posted by eguana@Mar 7th, 2004 - 3:44 am
i can easly consider myself as " cinephil"

and i think "MARTIN SCORSESE" :flower: and " COMMERCIAL " don't fit eachother ...

some of the critics didn't like " gangs of newyork " but i have already watch it 2 times in movie theatre and still watching DVD version .

my favorite event in my town ( istanbul ) :heart: already started ! i have already have my tickets for " MARTIN SCORSESE PRESENTS :BLUES " section .

23rd ISTANBUL FILM FESTIVAL

I THINK CATE & KATE LOOKS LIKE " PERFECT CHOICES " FOR THEIR ROLES ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->