The Aviator Cast

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by ignitioned32, Mar 2, 2004.

1. asta

asta New Member

She's the best there is right now. In my opinion, of course. :flower:
    Who else would you want to play her? [/b][/quote]
    in all honesty?

i would rather not see kate as a subject in another miserable film by the now master of cheesy films: martin scorsese

that is all.

cate blanchett is my favorite actress in hollywood today... but i just don't see her as kate. jmo though. i can't even begin to understand martin and the new call to make a 1/2 latino woman, into a black female. i mean, how bizarre is that? :sick:

2. meowmix

meowmix New Member

As a classic film fan, I can definitely see Cate as Katharine Hepburn. She may not LOOK like Kate, but I believe she can pull off Kate's personality beautifully...
    I'm really doubtful about Gwen Stefani as Jean Harlow, though...i think Renee would do a better job

3. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

in all honesty?

i would rather not see kate as a subject in another miserable film by the now master of cheesy films: martin scorsese

that is all.

cate blanchett is my favorite actress in hollywood today... but i just don't see her as kate. jmo though. i can't even begin to understand martin and the new call to make a 1/2 latino woman, into a black female. i mean, how bizarre is that? :sick: [/b][/quote]
    I don't think Josie Maran is at all Latino. I remember reading something about her in a magazine once and she said she was of Northern/Eastern European heritage (I forget exactly what...it was ages ago).

But no matter what she is, she bears no resemblance to Lena Horne whatsoever and I fear for her acting ability. There are probably lots of other ladies out there of whatever ethnicity who would be a more authentic Lena than her.

4. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i love cate blancett.

i admire her more than any other modern actress.

kevin spacey is equal for actors

5. dazzle

dazzle New Member

ooooh all of those leo pics....ooooooh hotttttyyyyyyy

6. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i hate to be negative but i have a strange feeling that it may not be so commercially successful though im not a professional movie critic

7. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Bah! Who cares about that... :innocent: The fact that it's actually a good movie is more important to me... :wink:

8. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Bah! Who cares about that... :innocent: The fact that it's actually a good movie is more important to me... :wink: [/b][/quote]
    You're so right purplelucrezia! :blush: Nowadays, lots of people go out to watch or rent a movie just because it's a huge blockbuster hit, it's popular, boasts a star studded cast and it contains stunning visual effects (and you know what I am talking about : awfull productions like all the infamous J.Lo movies.....).

It's been a while since I sat down and watched a movie and be like "wow, this is truly terrific !".

And back to topic, I am really glad Cate Blanchett is in The Aviator; she's such an awesome actress. I had trouble recognizing Gwen on the pic posted ! :shock:

9. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

You should watch more old movies then... :wink:
    Seriously though, I really am looking forward to this film!

10. Amélie

Amélie New Member

thread revival...
    i realised this picture hasn't been posted! :o so here it is :wink:
    [​IMG]

11. e-Tom

e-Tom Guest

i can easly consider myself as " cinephil"

and i think "MARTIN SCORSESE" :flower: and " COMMERCIAL " don't fit eachother ...

some of the critics didn't like " gangs of newyork " but i have already watch it 2 times in movie theatre and still watching DVD version .

my favorite event in my town ( istanbul ) :heart: already started ! i have already have my tickets for " MARTIN SCORSESE PRESENTS :BLUES " section .

23rd ISTANBUL FILM FESTIVAL

I THINK CATE & KATE LOOKS LIKE " PERFECT CHOICES " FOR THEIR ROLES ,