The Body Shop

Has anyone used their Rainforest shampoos?, I got some samples a couple months ago and used them for some days and my hair felt lovely, but I don't know if the effect lasts in the long run.. all I know is that I need to switch to another shampoo line asap. :argg:

I've been using the shampoo and conditioner from that range ever since they came out (I think it's been about 5-7 months), and my hair has never been better! My hair can be quite dry as its thick and curly, and in the past few months my hair has become more healthy, shiny and bouncy. I think it may be down to them being silicone and sulfate free:flower:

I love the Banana Shampoo and Conditioner! And it's so cheap (compared to hgh end brands, of course not $2 supermarket...)

I've been using the shampoo and conditioner from that range ever since they came out (I think it's been about 5-7 months), and my hair has never been better! My hair can be quite dry as its thick and curly, and in the past few months my hair has become more healthy, shiny and bouncy. I think it may be down to them being silicone and sulfate free:flower:
Ah, good to know :heart:.. sounds like I should definitely give it a try then.
I've been using sulfate free shampoos for a while now on sister's advice and even though my hair texture's dramatically improved, the ones I've tried so far have not proven to be anything special, more the opposite, I either get super soft hair WITH lots of little knots that I never had before (John Organics) or shiny hair with a very irritated scalp (Kenra) :lol:.. I guess now it's just about finding one that "matches" my hair type. Hopefully this is it.

Hey guys, I know Body Shop generally likes to claim it's environmentally friendly and natural and organic and etc. etc.
But is it really as chemical-free as it claims?

Update: so the scent of the Mango Body Scrub is to die for, but the texture of the Moringa Body Scrub is even better! You only need the littlest amount because the scrub-particles are small, so it lasts for ages and makes you softer than anything :smile: I just wish it had that mango fragrance!
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't tried the Mango range, but love the Vitamin E range. I also recently bought the Africa Honey and Beeswax Hand and Foot Butter and the Morocco Black Olive and Argan Oil Scrub as they both were excellent. I also love the Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream and the Aloe soothing Night Cream.

One product of The Body Shop that I don't care much for is the Blue Corn Cleansing Mask. It's shockingly harsh on my skin and I positively hate the pungent smell of it.

^

yeah, I tried the Blue corn cleansing mask as well and it was extreamly harsh on my skin, I would recomend it to anyone.

I'm thinking of picking up some of the lemon cream body lotion tomorrow, yum yum yum.

Has anybody tried the Duo body butters? Which smell is the best?

I re-discovered their eyeshadows called "shimmer cubes" - the golden hues are beautiful, well-pigmented and stay on all night! ^_^

So I picked up the Hemp Hand Protector cream the other day and I gotta admit, it's so worth the hype. Hands (he he) down the best hand cream I've ever tried!

Only thing I buy from this store is their facial brush. They have the best imo and bought it religiously every few months or so until late last year when the SAs kept telling me they're out of stock. Continued to visit their stores every few weeks just to check if it's available again until the SA told me it was discontinued, even the facial loofah... honestly too bitter about it.

I love the coconut stuff...the shower cream, the body butter, the scrub. They have the best smell, not that artificial uber sweet coconut smell other brands have.

I started to use their shampoos again. I love the banana shampoo and the rainforest moisture shampoo.

I love their cheek and lip stain. Use it on my lips almost every day with some Vaseline on top and I'm good to go!

I love the coconut stuff...the shower cream, the body butter, the scrub. They have the best smell, not that artificial uber sweet coconut smell other brands have.

I agree, I got a tiny coconut body butter from there as part of an Xmas present and I've almost used it up already. I have super sensitive skin, so I was really surprised it didn't make my skin go nuts. I usually use virgin coconut oil too. Skins saver those little coconuts:lol:

I started to use their shampoos again. I love the banana shampoo and the rainforest moisture shampoo.

talking abou the shampoos... has anyone tried the Rainforest Shine Shampoo or the Rainforest Moisture Shampoo or any from the sulfate free line?

^I am using the Rainforest Moisture Shampoo and i like it. It has a nice smell and it leaves my hair soft and shiny.
However i have very very dry ends and unfortunately it leaves my ends dry. So i have to pair it with my usual conditioner.

^ same here. I've been using the rain forest shampoo for months now based on indian rose's feedback in the previous page, I love how gentle it feels, especially as I wash my hair everyday so it's a bit tricky finding one that's not too aggressive. This one feels so natural (divine smell :heart:), no dramatic improvements for me, it just leaves my hair clean and soft.

What I would not recommend is the conditioner (I used the Radiance one), I find it too heavy, a bit sticky at times and just overall a waste of money. I had to switch to John Freida's Brilliant Brunette conditioner and my hair feels much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->