The boyish figure thread

i know what you mean. i have serious problems finding clothes. i'm skinny and i'm short.even if i find fitting pants they are still too long. clothes just hang on me.even my friends tell my that i have to buy childrens clothes. thats depressing sometimes.:cry:

I feel like my sister's agent or something here :lol: .
but yeah, she has bought clothes in the kids section, i envy her sometimes...since kids have better [and brighter :zorro: ] clothes than adults.
also, finding jeans in the right lenght is another issue, they're either too long or they simply dont sell petite sizes...

one question though, since we've had this argument for like a million years: are white jeans officially supposed to make people look skinnier or fatter?, cause she keeps wearing them saying her legs look bigger, but in my opinion, she looks much thinner. -_-
also, she thinks the tighter her clothes are, the more curvy she will look...while it might be truth, i think the fabric should be thick. i mean, i dont want her to swim inside the clothes :lol: , but being strangled in a shirt will only make her look much smaller than everybody else...right? :ninja:

Mulletproof - Thanks for merging the thread:flower: The subject is much more suitable here. Thanks again.

The thread's been merged with an older one... aimed at helping people with small frames find clothes, or get advice on dressing to flatter their shape.

I've been known to buy childrens clothes, too! i agree with Mullet that they have a charm all their own... and are cheaper... usually :ninja: :P

I didnt merge it, strawberry did. -_- :heart: .
i never opened the boyish thread, i ignored what it was about but looks like there's a home now for our complains :woot: .
(i love how i talk about the issue as if it was mine- i need to enroll my sister in some good english classes :lol: ).

MulletProof said:
I feel like my sister's agent or something here :lol: .
but yeah, she has bought clothes in the kids section, i envy her sometimes...since kids have better [and brighter :zorro: ] clothes than adults.
also, finding jeans in the right lenght is another issue, they're either too long or they simply dont sell petite sizes...

one question though, since we've had this argument for like a million years: are white jeans officially supposed to make people look skinnier or fatter?, cause she keeps wearing them saying her legs look bigger, but in my opinion, she looks much thinner. -_-
also, she thinks the tighter her clothes are, the more curvy she will look...while it might be truth, i think the fabric should be thick. i mean, i dont want her to swim inside the clothes :lol: , but being strangled in a shirt will only make her look much smaller than everybody else...right? :ninja:

White jeans - Not sure about this one as there has always been that thing about white making people look bigger. I think it might depend on the cut of the jeans. Drainpipes would make very slim legs look even slimmer but straight legs might just balance it out.

MulletProof said:
I didnt merge it, strawberry did. -_- :heart: .
i never opened the boyish thread, i ignored what it was about but looks like there's a home now for our complains :woot: .
(i love how i talk about the issue as if it was mine- i need to enroll my sister in some good english classes :lol: ).

Then Strawberry can take my thanks:wink: :P

My issue is my arms are very slim and sometimes I hate stuff that makes it more obvious then what it is.

taperjeangirl said:
White jeans - Not sure about this one as there has always been that thing about white making people look bigger. I think it might depend on the cut of the jeans. Drainpipes would make very slim legs look even slimmer but straight legs might just balance it out.

Seconded. I think on a slim person, white can make the wearer look slimmer and vice versa if the wear is curvier. It emphasises a figure. Therefore I think they could look cool on a more voluptuous monroe style body, provided theyre worn with complimentary garments.

I have a fairly boyish figure, (no thighs, no hips. dammit.) but I do have a small waist, so I can flit between styles. But, as most people with boyish figures will agree, wed do anything for a girlier physique. I really enjoy the current trend for oversizing. If done in the right way (e.g constrasted with figure-hugging fabrics and bright prints) it can really compliment a more petite size, and actually give the impression of curves. Cinched in waists and square necklines also help out in this area.

As for brands, I find miss sixty is a good place to go for slimmer girls wanting to look more 'filled out.'

I have a boyish figure as well-thin and awfully flat! Wearing a v-neck gives the impression of at least some breasts, and many jeans nowadays accantuate the bottom, thus creating some curves...or at least that's my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iabsolvejordan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->