The curse of male pattern baldness!

kol_lover

Reaction score
So I'm beginning to recede, my hair's medium length-ish so it's not seen, but if I pull my hair back or whatever it's noticeable... my mom, who cuts my hair (against my will, tying me to the chair in the process) noted on it a few weeks back, saying I have the hairline of Wesley Sneijder (see pic below)- we watch football, I play football, you get the picture... we know football.

sneijder_news_22821_375x260px.jpg

Edit - closer up, although my recession's just began.

wesley-sneijder-7.jpg

credit- fabazo.com. realmadrid.com

Anyway, I'm only 20 and I'm kinda freaking... I mean, I'm losing my hair this early? Actually, I'm okayish about it. I always think that if a guy's good looking with hair, he'll be decent looking without it too, it's just a shock at first y'know, like how it takes a week or two to get used to a new hairstyle if it's a drastic change.

Without babbling anymore, I just wanna know, for my own sake, do you guys still consider dudes with shaved heads to be attractive? Or are you put off by guys without luscious locks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I am not bothered by it. I mean, most guys will eventually get to be that way, no? So why not see what you're signing up for straight away. I'd rather see someone who is buzzed than has a bold patch or combover. (Think Zizou: doesn't he look infinitely better when buzzed?)

But I think what's most important is your confidence level. If you seem like you're embarrassed by it, it's a turnoff; if you're confident, it's sexy.

oh my sibling's going through the same thing rofl
he's around mid-20s also
emm i think it is genetics?
although i don't know anyone in my family whose hairline receded at a young age --but my dad is balding

my one brother shaves his head, so who knows
and i have a full head of hair

could even be diet...
since he eats a lot of food i don't eat...
more 'western' diet ...

Apparently its your genetics 'your mum's dad', if hes bald you will eventally. Mine granpa hair was but i literally have so much hair and its really thick that i seriously doubt i will go bald.

There are also treatments (medical) $$$$$$$$ that i have had friends say it works so. But anyway short hair is hot, like gomtik said if u have confidence.

Agreed. I think it mainly comes down to confidence. Me personally I would die if my hair line started to go like that.. but I think it really suits other men.

kol_lover please credit the pictures :flower:

My father (who has the pattern baldness) has always claimed that men with a lot of testosteron are prone to baldness .. I think it is his way of taking pride in the fact that he does not have a full head of hair.. :lol:

IMO when a guy suffers from pattern baldness keeping the hair short (trimming it with a beard trimmer at the lowest trimming-lenght) sort of like Wesley Sneijder is rather sexy.. better than hidding it if the baldness is getting more pronounced.

oops sorry
credit- fabazo.com. realmadrid.com

and yeah, i think it can be a quite attractive thing, especially opposed to have some hair but it being obvious you're thinning.

Personally, I am not bothered by it. I mean, most guys will eventually get to be that way, no?
Not true. Baldness is hereditary. It has NOTHING to do with age. Some start to get bald at 16, others at 56, and even if your hair is thick now, you still might lose it if it runs in your family.

My BF started losing his hair when he was 15-16 years old. That was not very pleasant for him to go through, especially not at that particular age. But I can't imagine him with hair...he has the most gorgeous face and his head shape is very symmetric. All the girls think he's hot :lol: but he doesn't know it :D

It is possible to put the balding process on hold with hormones, but they have some very nasty side effects, and it cannot be recommended. There are a lot of bogus products out there who claim they do this and that, but only surgery helps. It's expensive and painful and not really worth it.

kol_lover: Does it really matter what other ppl think? If you find a girl/boy who doesnt want to be with you coz you are bald, then they are just stupid Imo. People like that should date a doll and not a real person.

kol_lover: Does it really matter what other ppl think? If you find a girl/boy who doesnt want to be with you coz you are bald, then they are just stupid Imo. People like that should date a doll and not a real person.

yeah, you're right.. but i know i'm not the only person who does care about what others think, sometimes more than others, but yeah, i like to hear other peoples' opinions on the matter.

PS I think a tan makes a shaved head look better for some reason, I mean besides actual good looks tp begin with.

ok:D Imo if you already are beautiful (what is beauty?:rolleyes:) then it doesnt matter if you are bald or not, you will still be attractive to those ppl who already think u are beautiful. :flower: Sometimes I also think that men who are bald seem more masculine :question: for some strange reason I dont know why I think that.:ninja: But its in a positive way :smile:

Some guys look better without hair...Zidane :heart: and my boyfriend of course :lol:

i think it's funny how zidane's hairline is perfection, and the only hair gone is at the back

Honestly...hairline or not, he was ugly with hair. A lot of middle eastern guys look best when buzzed, actually.

My older brother has been fretting that he may one day go bald after his hairline started to recede in his mid-twenties. He figured since our father is not bald he wouldn't be either but both our grandfathers are/were. So as a preventive measure he has been talking some sort of medication for about 5 years now which claims to deter baldness and it seems to be working.

kol_lover please credit the pictures :flower:

My father (who has the pattern baldness) has always claimed that men with a lot of testosteron are prone to baldness .. I think it is his way of taking pride in the fact that he does not have a full head of hair.. :lol:

IMO when a guy suffers from pattern baldness keeping the hair short (trimming it with a beard trimmer at the lowest trimming-lenght) sort of like Wesley Sneijder is rather sexy.. better than hidding it if the baldness is getting more pronounced.

That's true about the testosterone. Someone I used to date and had a receding hairline told me that men lose half the hair they're going to lose in their 20s. He seemed to know what he was talking about :innocent:

Personally I think a receding hairline is attractive. The part I'm not so crazy about is a bald spot in the back, but I think it's fine to shave the head. It seems to look particularly good on men with darker skin, but Bruce Willis is a good example of someone who does it well with light skin. His hairline was attractive IMO before he took it all off.

PS There's Rogaine, but I've heard it has had some quite nasty side effects. And I remember working with a guy who was quite good looking (and ironically very concerned about the looks of the people around him in the office), but he had a row of Barbie hair sprouting at the spot formerly known as his hairline :innocent: It reminded me of a toothbrush & it was really hard not to stare. He'd have been so much better without the transplant ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->