The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Does anybody know of any good high coverage foundations for flash photography? My face is much paler than the rest of my body, and it simply refuses to tan. I've tried several foundations and none of them are working out. All Revlon foundations give me a white cast in flash photography. Make Up Forever's HD Foundation is lovely color wise, but the coverage is too minimal. Laura Mercier has fantastic coverage, but it also gives me a white cast...

try illamasqua's skin base, it lacks spf so it will not give you a white face when it comes to flash photography :smile: it also has buildable coverage

Hello! I need some advice...I've read some posts here and on other threads, and apparently Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is a great option.
What should I buy, the regular one, or the serum one?
And basically, what are the differences? Thank you! :flower:

^ Hi,

I have both, the regular and the serum one. Both are great, but I have the feeling that the regular one has more coverage, however it won't look good, if you have really dry skin. I used it during the winter (I have dry skin) with my La Roche Posay moisturizer and it worked quite well, but at the time where we had really cold days here in Europe, my skin started getting more dry and I coulnd't use it anymore, because my skin looked flaky.

Oh, and they have really nice fair shades like 51 & 52.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, guys!

This will probably sound like a silly question, but...what's the difference between a concelaer and a corrector? I know concealers conceal, as in they hide dark circles and blemishes...but what about correctors? :ninja:

I'm asking because I've read and heard some people talking about correctors (specially, Bobbi Brown's) and how they do a better job dealing with dark circles under the eyes.

Actually, I once had a MUA apply BB corrector (in light peach) and yes, the dark circles weren't noticeable but my undereye area looked too light, even with the concealer on top of it. If I use ONLY a corrector to cover dark circles should it be in a darker tone?

I want to buy either a concealer or a corrector...I'm on a budget, so it's gotta be just one of them. Which one would you recommend for hiding dark under eyes circles? I'd say mine aren't seriously dark, but they're definitely there, so I'm guessing I'd need medium coverage.

Thanks!:flower:

Hello! I need some advice...I've read some posts here and on other threads, and apparently Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation is a great option.
What should I buy, the regular one, or the serum one?
And basically, what are the differences? Thank you! :flower:
I had both. I'm definitely buying serum gel foundation again. It's the best foundation for spring.
I have the new one, but I also had the previous one and to be honest I don't think they're much different. The new gel formula is noticeable (the texture is a bit different) and that makes it easier to apply but that's it.
Come to think of it, I think that serum makes the skin look more glowy or dewy.

Thank you oh me and °Isa :smile:
I may go to the serum one, I really like dewy skin. And I think I don't need much coverage...

Now that we're talking about Bonjour Healthy Mix Foundation and Serum,which one would you recommned for combination skin?

I would really like to try the serum since everyone is talking that skin looks so nice and dewy but it doesn't give much coverage,and I would like a bit more coverage since I still have some acne spots.

Lamia, I've tried both and personally prefer the serum because I like my foundies sheer. The original is quite nice as well though, and has more coverage so you might want to get that instead.

I have oily, acne prone skin and I found the serum version not suitable for me. It is a great foundation but not for oily skin. It is very shiny and even after I put some setting powder to tone it down, it comes through oilier than before after an hour or sooner. And the coverage is medium at best, I'd say it has more of a bb cream or a tinted moisturiser quality and you definitely need a separate concealer for spots or under eye circles.

I don't have shiny or oily skin but I just prefer the matte look, can I please get some suggestions on the best matte foundations?

I'm back on M.A.C. :D I went for Studio Sculpt Foundation. Obviously it feels a bit heavier than my previous foundation, which was Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation :heart:, but now that I got used to it and know how to work with it, I absolutely love it. It's my go-to winter foundation. ^_^
I'm also interested in YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat Foundation. I've heard so many good things about it. My mum also has it and she couldn't be more pleased with it.

Hey guys , any advice on primers? Do you feel like a primer is even necessary? I have never used one before but I'd like to try one out.
I have very dry skin. I get blackheads around my nose. I get spots from time to time on my chin or forehead. And my skin is a lil red around my nose and on my chin.
Any advice appreciated. :smile:

This is my first primer ever (that's why I opted for something cheaper :D ), so I can't really compare it to others, but so far I like it. I don't use it with my mineral foundation but it's a must with my thick, creamy foundation. It makes foundation easier to apply and my make up lasts longer. I have Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner.

It's oil free if that helps, based on silicones (like all primers). The only thing that I don't like is that this primer comes in a jar. I much prefer the tubes.
I see many beauty bloggers use NARS primers:

whatihearttoday.com

MAC has them too, Smashbox is probably the most famous one. I don't think you can go wrong with any of these.

what foundation can i use to hide body freckles?
i'm going to be a bridesmaid and have to wear a strappy dress.

I swear by Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation. I keep coming back to this foundation, it's simply the best for my skin.

What do you guys think about make up forever hd foundation? I was thinking on getting it. I have a very pale skin so i am not sure which shade to use. Pink porcelain? Is it lightest? Much appreciated if you guys can help :smile:

What do you guys think about make up forever hd foundation? I was thinking on getting it. I have a very pale skin so i am not sure which shade to use. Pink porcelain? Is it lightest? Much appreciated if you guys can help :smile:

Yes it is. They also have a shade 107 Pink but I think it does ot suit anyone unless you are Miss Piggy. :lol: 110 Pink porcelain is for fair complexions with pink undertones, 115 Ivory is rather beige, and 117 is more yellow, so you have to be sure about your skin undertones.
I also considered purchasing it but the lightest shade is too dark and too pink for me (im usually between Bourjois HM in 51 and NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia). :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->