The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Can anyone reccommend me a foundation that conceals well but at the same time doesn't look cake-y?
Why not just get a concealer then? I haven't heard of a full-coverage foundation that doesn't look cakey or obvious.

I do have a concealer, though. But I prefer foundations with good coverage.

there are lots on the market that don't look cakey. estee lauder double wear or double wear maximum cover are two really good ones, i can vouch they don't look too mask like.

I've had double wear before, and yes, it's pretty good. Maybe I should go for it again. Thinking about trying out Pro Lumiere as well.

Definitely Double Wear! I use the Light Wear one and it's really versatile - if I want more coverage I simply put more on. Great staying power

what about Giorgio Armani 'Designer Foundation`? Is it worth the price?

Can anyone reccommend me a foundation that conceals well but at the same time doesn't look cake-y?

Plus, I need a new sun powder, without too much shimmer, so I would like to get some tips on that as well.

bourjois healthy mix foundation. for more concealing, apply with your fingers rather than a brush.

Has anyone tried Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse foundation?

I'm thinking about purchasing it next week and was curious if anyone here uses it. I can't seem to find many reviews of it.

I hope someone can help me or redirect me to the proper thread...

can anyone ID this red lipstick? it has golden particles or something that makes it sparkle a bit... I know it´s a long shot so any help will be very welcomed :smile:

thecelebritycity.com

^We have another thread for that, this thread is about foundations, powders etc

^do you have a link or the name of the thread? I couldn´t find it :(

^do you have a link or the name of the thread? I couldn´t find it :(

I personally do not know of any red lipstick with gold particles in it... But you could try a matte deep red lipstick (such as Chanel Rouge Coco in Rivoli) and add some sort of pigment on top.

And you could try and ask in both the "How do I get this look thread"
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f47/how-do-i-get-look-thread-2-a-100825-12.html
and the "Lips thread"
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f47/lips-thread-all-you-need-ask-know-12029-17.html

:flower:

C2807646361836352_2.jpg
Hi, i'm looking for a foundation with this kind of finish
(image from James King forum - The Fashion Spot)
Anybody knows if Revlon Photo Ready or Custom Creations looks like that? Wich foundation would you guys recommend? Is this finished with powder or foundation only? Thanks!

bourjois healthy mix foundation. for more concealing, apply with your fingers rather than a brush.

Totally agree!!
I use the serum version though

I used to buy only high-tech and expensive foundations but some weeks ago I tried this and I fell in love!!

It's just magic, I still don't understand how a 11 euros foundation can give you HD proof skin like this...

And the serum inside the foundation really works: after a week or so of use I noticed that my skin looked really brighter and healthier without make-up (and I didn't change my skincare routine)

Also, yesterday I saw this video on the MAC Facebook page for application of foundation with fingers and I found it quite an innovative system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoHDmQ3uk8g

I tried it this morning and it's amazing!! It looks like the foundation is airbrushed (an effect that I achieved only with the MAC 187 brush before)

I think it's really a good way of applying liquid foundation so I wanted to share it with you :smile:

^Thanks for posting that video! I wish we got to see her whole face but aside from that I really liked how she applied her foundation, it looked really natural just like the best version of her skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->