The Face Thread, the Q's and A's about Foundations, Primers, Powders...

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by karen k, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Miwi

Miwi New Member

Any positive experiences with Clarins Skin Illusion Natural Radiance foundation?:flower:

2. modelbehavior228

modelbehavior228 New Member

I hated it. It had a sort of greasy yet drying effect on my skin. I LOVE their colorstay for oily skin, though. If you want to go revlon, do colorstay liquid, the original stuff. Stipple it on with a dry latex sponge and you will look perfect. Most of revlon's newer foundations do suck quite a bit, I am sad to say.

3. Party_Vixen

Party_Vixen Making a Mess

^ Thanks for your response :flower:.

I ended up getting Estee Lauder double wear light instead because I heard some bad things about the Revlon mousse foundation. And I am soooo glad I did!

I would highly recommend the double wear light to anyone who has good skin but wants a little more coverage than a tinted moisturizer.

I find in the summer I can get away with just wearing a tinted moisturizer but in the fall/winter when my skin changes I need something with a little more coverage. I have combination skin that is oily / dry / normal (ugh) and I find the double wear light gives me a nice matte natural finish that lasts all day. I don't even have to wear powder which I really like because then it looks like it really is my skin ^_^.

4. oh me

oh me New Member

Has anyone tried Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder?
    My skin starts getting more dry when it gets colder, so I'm looking for something that will suit my skin-type

#824 oh me, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited by moderator jojo101: Nov 16, 2011
  5. PrincessLovely

PrincessLovely Active Member

I really really need to find a drugstore foundation with YELLOW undertones,from brands like Covergirl or L'Oreal,I always have this problem with foundations,They are always to pale,pink or Orangey:( Does anybody know of a good one?

6. Jazzeh

Jazzeh New Member

have you tried bourjois?

7. franki

franki New Member

i would second the recommendation of bourjois. i use their healthy mix foundation and (at least the colours i have used) have been yellow or quite neutral in their undertones.

i can't comment on anything other than healthy mix though sorry!

8. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

i have the bobbi brown corrector concealer (it comes with a pwder to be applied on top)

however the concealer keeps sliding off after a while. is this normal?

is my undereye area too greasy with eye cream or something?:unsure:

9. caughtulikeacold

caughtulikeacold New Member

Have you tried Revlon? Here in Asia they sell well and they are suit the yellow undertones in the skin. Some of my friends swear by it :smile:

10. PrincessLovely

PrincessLovely Active Member

I haven´t tried bourjois,they don´t sell it here in california:(
    I have tried Revlon but i dont think it matches my skintone that well,or maybe im just choosing the wrong color.Thank you girls for your help anyway:flower::flower::flower:

lucy92 have you tried a primer before applying any of your makeup? Maybe that will help:smile:

11. nita-karoliina

nita-karoliina Active Member

12. Cado

Cado New Member

Have you tried Amazon, Ebay, etc?

13. oh me

oh me New Member

Can somebody recommend a good under foundation moisturizer?

14. Edita

Edita New Member

Sorry "Oh Me"!! At the moment i'm using a Fluid by Venus but its not good :(

I tried out one by Clairins which was perfect for me! I used it 30min before i put my Foundation on but it costs 39,95€ which is crazy!!

15. Edita

Edita New Member

Guys i need HELP!!! I searching for a Foundation.

I tried out Estee Lauders Double Wear and its amazing!!! The Coverage is perfect to me BUT there is no shade that fits me :(((((

Then i tried out Chanel Mat Luminiere which shade/undertone was perfect to me but the coverage is not enough!!!

So is there a Foundation with Coverage like Estee Lauders Double Wear and Shades/Untertones (yellowish) like Chanel Mat Luminiere Beige??

16. Aqua Tofana

Aqua Tofana Active Member

Has anyone tried any concealers / foundations from Etude House? I'm hearing some good reviews on YouTube but still not sure about trying it.

17. etceteraism

etceteraism New Member

Any ladies tried the loose Chanel setting powder and/or MAC Blot powder? I'm currently using the Cargo HD compact and it's pretty good but after a few hours I can see a bit of powder attached to the teeny hairs on my face. Looking for something a bit more seamless and wondering if Chanel or MAC is better for this. I use BB Cream so I am looking for a powder with a little bit of coverage, and from my understanding the MAC Blot is translucent?
    Posted via Mobile Device

18. oh me

oh me New Member

^ I have the Chanel loose powder and it's pretty good. It does not give you much coverage, but it does even out your skin a little bit. And it lasts really long.

Haven't tried the MAC one.

19. Jazzeh

Jazzeh New Member

i hate to confuse you even more but if you want powder with a little coverage, mac mineralize skinfinish is also an option (you can build it up)

20. The Stranger

The Stranger New Member

Does anybody know of any good high coverage foundations for flash photography? My face is much paler than the rest of my body, and it simply refuses to tan. I've tried several foundations and none of them are working out. All Revlon foundations give me a white cast in flash photography. Make Up Forever's HD Foundation is lovely color wise, but the coverage is too minimal. Laura Mercier has fantastic coverage, but it also gives me a white cast...