The Gentlewoman F/W 12.13 : Angela Lansbury by Terry Richardson

^What's wrong with a little irony and quirkiness? The Fantastic Man/Gentlewoman brand have always incorporated a little irony and quirkiness in their publications, so I don't see the problem with just a pair of glasses.

Irony and quirkiness are fantastic, Terry is not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lara`s editorial (Especially the ones in Gray background) can seriously be mistaken as her Vogue Paris September 2012 missing editorial

^Really? Alasdair McLellans aesthetic is so vastly different compared to M&M, I just can't imagine mixing the two up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like it'll be another great issue from The Gentlewomen. But I am a bit disappointed that they had Terry shoot the cover, he's just awful, and for those in the know they will realize who's glasses they are and the sort of connotations that go along with them. So I'd say that sort of thing does matter, even if some don't think so.

This is easily my favorite magazine cover of the month. Love that they chose (as always) a woman of substance - I hope there is a nice long interview with Angela! She's really one of those celebrities who I think everyone loves.

When Terry shoots someone really famous or respected, I like to imagine him asking them to do the sort of things he seems to try to get some models to do... because he wouldn't dare.

But just imagine Angela Lansbury doing a Terry Richardson shoot.

This is not the first time Terry has collaborated with the mag, i don't understand why everyone is so surprised. And as much as we can hate on him, this cover works great. It's one of the best covers i've seen lately and to me it works cause of the clash between terry's ''style'' and the fact that's angela lansbury in it. I really can't hate on anything about it.

I don't think anyone is surprised, just disappointed with their use of him - whether they object to the Terry glasses and/or Terry himself. The Gentlewoman is a fairly intellectual magazine with a lot of articles regarding women and our place and roles in the world. It's hard for me to see them use Terry Richardson, who is the antithesis of the magazine's identity.

^yes, i know and that's why i've always found rather strange that they use terry,
but my point was more regarding those who say 'great cover, too bad it's from terry'. the outcome would've been different if someone else had done it. it just doesnt make much sense to me :smile:

It's genuinely impossible to resist this magazine, everything inside great as ever according by the previews!
I don't even mind the Terry glasses on Angela, she's sporting them just right, sort of in a humorous and playful manner, love it.

^ isn't it funny? both the fantastic man and the gentlewoman are just too good to be true, almost like the only magazines worth buying over the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->