Miu Miu F/W 04.05 : Maggie Gyllenhaal by Terry Richardson

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 17th, 2004 - 5:00 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 17th, 2004 - 5:00 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sloan@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:22 pm
I like the add with Maggie even though I am not a huge fan of hers. However, I am not sure about the Jamie Bell add...he seems uncomfortable w/posing. Maybe it's just me? :unsure:
agreed...

...or...maybe he was just creeped out by the very creepy terry richardsoon...i'd probably have that same look on my face if he pointed his 'camera' at me...ewww.... :yuk: [/b][/quote]
Ha! Me too! He creeps me out big time! Ali has worked him before...she said he is a nice guy. The pictures turned out beautiful.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 17th, 2004 - 7:09 pm
merged, please check the forums before posting new topics, much appreciated :flower:

as for the ad, it's seriously missing some art direction/concept..
just four cute snapshot 'portraits' may not be quite strong enough :rolleyes: :ninja:
Sorry...I will check all forums next time...I just thought to put it on Supporting Cast (models, photographers...etc). I wasn't thinking about Star Style. Thanks for merging. :flower: :flower:

I like it, but i also love Maggie Gyllenhaal, the family i just :heart:

Attachments

• CA1LN3VF.jpg
    CA1LN3VF.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 14
Originally posted by Sloan+Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:07 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sloan @ Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:07 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 17th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Sloan
@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:22 pm
I like the add with Maggie even though I am not a huge fan of hers.  However,  I am not sure about the Jamie Bell add...he seems uncomfortable w/posing.  Maybe it's just me? :unsure:

agreed...

...or...maybe he was just creeped out by the very creepy terry richardsoon...i'd probably have that same look on my face if he pointed his 'camera' at me...ewww.... :yuk:
Ha! Me too! He creeps me out big time! Ali has worked him before...she said he is a nice guy. The pictures turned out beautiful. [/b][/quote]
he is a very nice guy!...not creepy at all unless people are going to judge him by the way he looks or his particular style or aesthetic in regard to his photographs. Bottom line-he's talented. And a little known fact is that about a decade and a half ago he put himself through rehab and has been completely sober since, he is also an outspoken radical republican conservative who has been in a monogamous relationship for quite a long time. He's really nice- and to be creeped out by "his art" or "his physical appearance" ..well, I can't understand that.

Originally posted by twilight fairy+Jun 20th, 2004 - 9:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (twilight fairy @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 9:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Street_a_Licious@Jun 18th, 2004 - 1:39 am
Where's Jake? where's Jake?????
Yeahhh Jake should do Miu Miu toooo :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Maybe he should do "me me "....
Sorry for the vulgar innuendo, but I couldn't help myself :blush:

Originally posted by zoelemon+Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:31 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (zoelemon @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:31 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Sloan@Jun 18th, 2004 - 7:07 pm
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 17th, 2004 - 5:00 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Sloan
@Jun 17th, 2004 - 4:22 pm
I like the add with Maggie even though I am not a huge fan of hers.  However,  I am not sure about the Jamie Bell add...he seems uncomfortable w/posing.  Maybe it's just me? :unsure:

agreed...

...or...maybe he was just creeped out by the very creepy terry richardsoon...i'd probably have that same look on my face if he pointed his 'camera' at me...ewww.... :yuk:

Ha! Me too! He creeps me out big time! Ali has worked him before...she said he is a nice guy. The pictures turned out beautiful.
he is a very nice guy!...not creepy at all unless people are going to judge him by the way he looks or his particular style or aesthetic in regard to his photographs. Bottom line-he's talented. And a little known fact is that about a decade and a half ago he put himself through rehab and has been completely sober since, he is also an outspoken radical republican conservative who has been in a monogamous relationship for quite a long time. He's really nice- and to be creeped out by "his art" or "his physical appearance" ..well, I can't understand that. [/b][/quote]
i call a lot of what he does-p*rn...not 'art'....

and it's also a fact that he was dating a girl who was in a serious accident and he left her while she was still in the hospital (a model)...but not before taking tons of pictures of her injuries... pretty freaking horrible...

i know some people say he's nice...but some people say he's gross... everyone's entitled to their opinion...

but i love these ads with maggie and am certainly able to recognize good work when i see it... :flower:

btw...being a radical conservative republican is enough of a reason for me to think he's gross... :ninja:

Originally posted by twilight fairy+Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:31 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (twilight fairy @ Jun 20th, 2004 - 4:31 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Street_a_Licious@Jun 18th, 2004 - 1:39 am
Where's Jake? where's Jake?????
Yeahhh Jake should do Miu Miu toooo :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Dont you think too that Jake would be betterinstead of her? :P

I personally think she is really ugly, but she is good for the add. They used tons of makeup on her to make look somewhat ok.

Originally posted by dreaminginprint....@Jun 18th, 2004 - 4:32 pm
I think the ads are chic. Maggie really captures the spirit of Miu Miu.
i agree :flower:

MIU MIU’S TWO: Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jamie Bell are the latest actors to sign up for modeling classes, having been cast in the fall campaign for Miu Miu. However, Miu Miu executives were quick to point out they aren’t jumping on the celebrity bandwagon, having :huh: established “the celebrity tradition at Miu Miu,” according to a press release that pointed out a 1995 campaign featuring Drew Barrymore and a 1996 shoot with Chloë Sevigny.

Gyllenhaal and Bell were photographed by :sick: Terry Richardson, who sought to draw out the young actors’ own personality and sense of style. Gyllenhaal, last seen on the big screen in “Secretary” and “Mona Lisa Smile,” is shot in semiprofile with a wide smile and wearing a fur-topped gray jacket, and Bell, now 18 but best known for his lead role in the 2000 film “Billy Elliot,” wears a double-breasted coat over a tan shirt.

from wwd
i dont mind Maggie or Jamie, BUT
i really think they should re-shoot with someone else,
he's too all over the place , MiuMiu should have more of a visual concept.

i wish Miuccia was lurking this topic :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"