The Hermès Thread (Feb 03 - Feb 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
leyla.. you picked such a classic birkin!! Congrats.. is it clemence or togo leather?? Thanks for sharing

My graphite Kelly arrived! I'm going to pick it up next Saturday. I just hope its the right size for me?! It's a 32cm...I'd not go smaller than that. I'll post pics when I have it.

Ideally, when I collect I'd love to place a PO for a new JPG birkin in rouge garance. However, in light of the chaos in the financial world, hubby said quite rightly said no bearing in mind that I've also an etoupe birkin on order.

thanks loves! - I've got a long journey tomorrow to pick her up! Promise to post pics next week.

wow I LOVE the bags. But for the price of the Hermes birkin, I'd rather have a Harry Winston Diamond necklace

the best thing about that webpage you posted "seahorseinstripe" is the bitchfest taking place amongst some of the posters in the comments section! Thanks for posting!

oh my. as much as I don't mind owning the same bag in a few diff colors and materials like a Chanel classic flap in various colors/fabrics, Balenciaga's in diff colors/fabrics, and Hermes..but thats just too much...If I have a 35cm blue jean birkin, im not going to buy a 30cm blue jean birkin you know?! I mean its boring to ALWAYS have the same look..although we don't know her, she might have 20 other diff brands aswell..

grill do post pics of your graphite kelly, it sounds wonderful!

Hi loves..I'm sorry I have not as yet posted pics of my new bag. Truth is I have some issues with her which will mean a trip to FSH.

The second time I took her out I noticed a small white speckish circular mark on the clemence leather right on the top left at the front of the flat near the handle. I was really disturbed to see this mark as I had been really careful when carrying her and made sure that she didn't get bumped, knocked, scratched, rained on etc. I made a small attempt to remove the mark with a damp cloth (just a little water no product) and although it looked like it had gone when wet it simply reappeared when dry. The white traces, dashes, speck thingies didn't go with light rubbing either, and due to prior experiences with colour coming off my blue jean birkin I did not want to try anything more vigorous.

I then examined her more closely and looked at the date stamp. I was shocked to see it was "K" (I already have a "K" stamped bag which was purchased from FSH in Feb 2007). I purchased this bag from a H boutique on the cote d'azur last Saturaday. I was on the reserve list for approx 6 months and was called directly it had arrived. I must say I was a bit perturbed when I saw that the plastic hardwear protectors on the metal plates from the straps had been removed - normally a new bag is sold with these stickers intact. Shouldn't this bag then have an "L" date stamp for the year 2008?

Concerned about both issues I decided to call FSH. Apparently the "K" date stamp isn't irregular - made last year it was only despatched this October to the store?! And apparently, there were issues with "powder" from the manufacturing process of "K" stamp bags which have caused white marks on some bags to appear. Basically, I have to take my bag to FSH to see what's up.

I really hope the white mark can be removed easily and permanently. I would love to have a replacement bag if this isn't the case but FSH makes me nervous and I'm not sure what my rights are. I love this bag style but at this price it simply has to be perfect - don't you agree?!

oh my. as much as I don't mind owning the same bag in a few diff colors and materials like a Chanel classic flap in various colors/fabrics, Balenciaga's in diff colors/fabrics, and Hermes..but thats just too much...If I have a 35cm blue jean birkin, im not going to buy a 30cm blue jean birkin you know?! I mean its boring to ALWAYS have the same look..although we don't know her, she might have 20 other diff brands aswell..

I totally agree. I find her collection ostentatious and lacking originality. :innocent:

grill oh dear sorry to hear about your bag issue. the whitish spot doesn't sound good and at that price, it'd be good to send the bag in for a check. i bought a bag from hermes in tokyo just last month and i had a K stamp on it too. good luck and hope all turns out well for you (and your bag)

Would it be really pretentious for a young girl to carry a Birkin ...

:unsure:

Would it be really pretentious for a young girl to carry a Birkin ...

:unsure:
One time I was walking in NYC with my sister and her friends, and my sis was carrying a birkin and then one of her friends picks up her birkin and says eww your bag looks like an old lady bag.. I L'MAO and said are you kidding its a birkin... :shock:^_^

^ uhm you can tell them to shove it. :ninja: ... how old is your sister if you don't mind me asking? :flower:

Grill: I really hope FSH H-store will be able to help you with your new baby. Please keep us updated!

OT. Does anyone know if Chevre mysore i still available for a Kelly or Birkin? I'm not too crazy of Chevre de coromandel Souple or smooshy Chevre Mangalore. For my next bag I need something more stiff that will hold the shape better than lets say Clemence or Togo. I can't stand batwings.

I was reading somewhere that some of the skins Hermes use for their bags include shark, lizard and ostrich.

What truth is there to this? It seems a little bizzare, no? To say that ones bag is made out of shark? :lol: :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->