The Indie Film Thread

Mettchen said:
Moodysson is a very good director i think. I love his films. Have you seen Lilja 4ever? It's very touching, it left an emptiness inside me i hadn't experienced before. Also, he has just come out with a new movie: Ett hål i mitt hjärta . I don't know what the english title is or will be, but the film i heard is very very brutal ..

ing Amal..I think I've heard of it too. I love the perversion in Swedish/Nordic films :ninja:. What can I say, they make good films. :innocent:

Mettchen said:
Moodysson is a very good director i think. I love his films. Have you seen Lilja 4ever? It's very touching, it left an emptiness inside me i hadn't experienced before. Also, he has just come out with a new movie: Ett hål i mitt hjärta . I don't know what the english title is or will be, but the film i heard is very very brutal ..

I haven't seen his other movies yet. I've only actually seen 20-40 minutes of f*cking Amal on a cable channel here in Canada (and I would :heart: to have it on VHS/DVD.) But even though I've seen olny a small part of it, it felt so real. The lives of those kids, even if they're a continent far away, reflected mine and the kids I hung out with. That's something that a North American film still has to do for me.

And the ending is the best part of it.

I was in a movie forum and I saw that some people are thinking about the possibility of making a Hollywood Version of that movie :sick: .

yourbestfriend said:
sorry not avatar*** signature..:doh:

Oh. It's all cool still.

Another Indie Movie: Stardom

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen Senor Ibraham (sp?)? I saw the preview today..looks very good.

I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Igby Goes Down, it's such a great movie.

I really want to rent But I'm a cheerleader is it worth it?

I loooove Igby goes down. I fell in love with Kieran Culkin in that movie.

Wilde, Goodbye Lenin, Velvet Goldmine, Kitchen Stories (Salmer fra kjøkkenet), Russian Ark, Happy Times, Amores Perros, Amelie, (do any of these count as Indie films though?) :flower:

ShoeLady said:
I'm suprised nobody's mentioned Igby Goes Down, it's such a great movie.

LOVE. And everything Amanda Peet wore in the movie.

I love the movie In America. It's not really cult-y, but I saw it at our little indie theater last year so it should count.B)

jim jarmusch :heart: ..dead man, ghost dog, stranger than paradise...

wim wenders..buena vista social club, wings of desire, notebooks on cities and clothes...:woot:

i hated garden state... :sick: :ninja:

but i :heart: :heart: :
city of god
almodovar films
cinema paradiso
hedwig and the angry inch
swimming pool
life is beautiful
dirty pretty things
goodbye lenin
humanite
run lola run

^ nice picks..have you seen the piano teacher or before night falls?

Jan Svankmajer..did Neco z Alenky (alice in wonderland), Otesánek, faust..

dancingellecat said:
Run Lola Run, its a German (indie?) film. Awesome.
definitely Lola Rennt :heart:

Adding to the list then: (even though I'm not sure which - if any - of these qualifies as Indie, though I'm guessing most were independantly financed)
Wilde
Goodbye Lenin
Velvet Goldmine
Kitchen Stories (Salmer fra kjøkkenet)
Russian Ark
Happy Times (Xingfu shiguang)
Amores Perros
Amelie
Lola Rennt
Monsoon Wedding
Dirty Pretty Things (thanks for the reminder fashionologie :flower: )
Since Otar Left :heart: :heart: :heart:
Dirty Filthy Love
Todo Sobre Mi Madre
The Cuckoo (Kukushka)
Bright Young Things
I Capture the Castle
Intermission

If you like Amelie you should totally see Jeux d'Enfants, same picturesque feeling. Cap ou pas cap?

Thank you too, loads of movies on your list (and in this thread, though it only counts 2 pages lol) that are still unknown to me. I watch so few movies, it has gotten so bad I barely watch tv anymore :P The poor thing must be starting to miss me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->