The 'M Le Magazine du Monde' Thread

Any HQ's for Jeu de la Séduction...that one deserves to be saved.

Suzanne Koller doing what Alt could never, ever do. All shot by Oliver Hadlee Pearch. Imaan, Blesnya and Elibeidy's covers are splendid!

Imaan Hammam

Blesnya Minher

Elibeidy Maritnez

Aaliyah Hydes

La révolution Afro? In 2018? I’m not sure they get how stupid that sound....
Nevertheless, Imaan’s cover is beyond great! Raw, agressive, sexy! This is what I want...

Maybe the next EIC of VP is at M le Monde now...

La révolution Afro? In 2018? I’m not sure they get how stupid that sound.......

How'd you mean, Lola? I know it's not a conversation for me to have, but I think they have it right. Black hair has never been as celebrated and normalised in fashion as it was in 2018.

^Well if I am not wrong, we had in France ( 1 or 2 years after the well know black issue by VI) a lot of French publications which did a focus on black beauty. So honestly there is nothing groundbreaking about their issue. Nevertheless, the covers are very nice but they could have just do the issue without specifying that there is a revolution because black beauty exists since ages and it is quite the norm when you open your eyes a little bit :smile:.

How'd you mean, Lola? I know it's not a conversation for me to have, but I think they have it right. Black hair has never been as celebrated and normalised in fashion as it was in 2018.
No, it's a conversation for everybody...Don't worry.
I would add to what GivenchyAddict said that to call it a revolution is pointless. The issue is supposed to celebrate the diversity of black hair.
Yes, the black issue of VI showed a renewed interest to black beauties but it find the revolution thing a bit opportunistic while at the same time trying to fit into the African American narrative.
That's overall my problem with the french fashion industry. We have issues here but we always have to look at what is done abroad to start open our eyes.

But at the same time, i totally get that this issue is more a way to educate non-black people about the subject. A recent documentary of Loic Prigent about the SS19 FW in Paris showed the lack of people knowing how to handle black hair backstage.

The title just shows how disconnected some people in the parisian scene are. I'm beyond sure there's not one single black person in the team of M le Monde. This title would have never been approved if it was the case...

I will read this issue in all details....

Last edited:
I love Imaan but that Blesnya Minher cover is everything a 90s inspired cover should look like. :heart:

Strip away the the title, I genuinely like the images. Oliver Hadlee Pearch is becoming a favorite of mine lately. He does have a late 90s way of shooting.

Love Elibeidy Maritnez's quiet, self-assured gaze (WOW) made even more impactful in graphic b/w while Blesnya Minher's infectious energy and bold pop of color jumps off the page. Both timeless yet timely.

The others already look dated. I wish there was a way to "Like" specific images on multi-image posts!

Wonder how many people of color work for M magazine and contributed to this issue...

Imaan is the top model of this era, in my opinion. She just delivers something powerful and compelling literally every. single. time.

Vive La Couleur

Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Charlotte Collet
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Makeup: Kanako Tanase
Cast: Imaan Hammam, Blesnya Minher, Aaliyah Hydes, Ayobami Okekunle, Elibeidy Martinez, Haddy Ndure, Carissa Pinkston, Kukua Williams, Zoe Thaets

M Le Magazine Du Monde Digital Edition

imaan and Elibeidy are slaaaaaaaying this. Pure love, some girls there i don’t understand but oh well.

That editorial is absolute perfection! So much energy and the styling is fun!

Stunning ed!
Condé Nast France! Take notes!

Anna, Emmanuelle, Edward and Emanuele PLEASE TAKE SOME NOTES.

Sometimes I forget why I love Suzanne but this is the proof that she's the best editor -and stylist- out there since the 90's.

Anna, Emmanuelle, Edward and Emanuele PLEASE TAKE SOME NOTES.

Sometimes I forget why I love Suzanne but this is the proof that she's the best editor -and stylist- out there since the 90's.
She is now the editor in chief?

As much as I am annoyed by the tag line on the cover I absolutely adore the editorial. Energy, fun, dynamic. They smash it every single way. So great! Also these models are serving! Praise them.

She is now the editor in chief?
Marie-Pierre Lannelongue is the EIC and Suzanne is the fashion director.

I wasn’t a big fan of Suzanne at VP under Emmanuelle but what she delivers for MLM proves that there’s a problem of direction at VP.

It is good to congrats Suzanne but the styling is by Charlotte Collet who does styling for Pop. She is one of the best french stylists we have now but so underrated.

M le Monde always had a very strong team. Jean-Baptiste Talbourdet is a very good art director, Marie-Pierre Lannelongue is a very good EIC (and journalist) and yes Suzanne is the one behind Self Service - so just for that I love her.

@Lola701 of course the problem is Emmanuelle. Aleksandra Woroniecka did so many good editorials at M Le monde but now she is barely interesting at VP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->