vogue runway/valentino website

maison martin margiela

céline

derek lam

1stdibs.com
voguerunway.com
voguerunway.com

Maison Martin Margiela / Paul Andrew

Margiela certainly feeds more than apparel designers, right?

credit:therealreal / yoox

Maroon patent leather Maison Martin Margiela round-toe.jpg PAUL ANDREW 1111.jpg

Helmut Lang / Stella McCartney

from la collectionneuse tumblr/vogue runway

stiletto heels with bandage strap (eu sz 37) • helmut lang.jpg 5c54889b469b0c3048e6fd614f2b1eb0.jpg

So a month ago I was looking at dresses on the Nordstrom Rack website and found this dress, and then a few days ago I was looking at the Macy's website and thought I found the same dress under a different brand, but when I compared them they were different. I don't know who copied who, but these dresses end up being close in price after discounts and are from somewhat similar stores, so I don't get why there was copying going on. I never understood why cheap brands sometimes copy other cheap brands. I remember one time seeing a top at Forever 21 that looked like a copy of a top from H&M (so like a $10 price difference). There was also one time when Guess copied a Rodarte for Target dress, though the copy was more expensive than the original in that case.
eliza-j-pleated-ribbed-fit-flare-dress-petite

jessica-howard-striped-sweater-dress

I unfortunately could not upload the photos from my phone, I'll try again later on my laptop.
I also found a t-shirt that says "we should all be feminists" on one of those websites, it was only $10

Last edited:
So a month ago I was looking at dresses on the Nordstrom Rack website and found this dress, and then a few days ago I was looking at the Macy's website and thought I found the same dress under a different brand, but when I compared them they were different. I don't know who copied who, but these dresses end up being close in price after discounts and are from somewhat similar stores, so I don't get why there was copying going on. I never understood why cheap brands sometimes copy other cheap brands. I remember one time seeing a top at Forever 21 that looked like a copy of a top from H&M (so like a $10 price difference). There was also one time when Guess copied a Rodarte for Target dress, though the copy was more expensive than the original in that case.
eliza-j-pleated-ribbed-fit-flare-dress-petite

jessica-howard-striped-sweater-dress

I unfortunately could not upload the photos from my phone, I'll try again later on my laptop.
I also found a t-shirt that says "we should all be feminists" on one of those websites, it was only $10

It may not be a copy but the exact same dress sourced from the same manufacturer. You see, cheap brands do not design most of their products, they buy ready-made items at tradeshows and have them customized. In this case, the only customization may be the brand's label.

C2F5D039-B7A3-40D2-A265-C31FE32C2A3A.jpeg Dovima in a “Bubble dress” by Traina-Norell and photographed by Richard Alvedon, 1957 || Schiaparelli, Spring 2019 Couture

Net-a-porter/My screencap

Complete ripoff..

IMG_4690.JPG IMG_4691.JPG

When I saw the Dior couture show, one of the dresses reminded me of McQueen:

Dior Spring 2019 Couture

ALE0031.jpg

Alexander McQueen Spring 2010 Ready To Wear
00260fullscreen.jpg

Source: Vogue for both​

Moschino F/W 2019 // Dsquared2 S/S 2008

_FIO0565.jpg

WQClC33.jpg