The Polyvore stylist challenge (December 2007 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1karina1

Distract Me...
Reaction score
Below you will find all you need to know in regards to this fun challenge that 1karina1 initiated. Since the thread first began, new guidelines have been implemented. To be sure that the guidelines can be better followed and that the challenge can flow as smoothly as possible, please take the time to read through them :flower:

Overview:
  • Challenges run for 1 week at a time.
  • There is 1 specific item per challenge to be used in each look submitted. The item per week is selected by the previous challenge winner.
  • Up to 2 outfits per participant may be posted until the challenge comes to a close.
  • Polyvore have stopped giving out BBCode url's for the finished sets - so you'll either have to do a screen cap of your set now and host it yourself.... or find the image url in the HTML code and then use it to post the set here as an image.
Guidelines:
  • There is a maximum of 2 different looks allowed per challenge.
  • The original source of each item used in your look MUST be included in each post. The original sources can be found by clicking on the item’s details on Polyvore. This link will show you which online shop the item originates from.
  • Anyone can join in each round.
  • Once voting begins, it is too late to submit a new entry.
  • You may not vote for your own entry.
Voting:
  • At the end of the 7 day time period, the voted will be counted by the previous winner.
  • If there have been 2 looks submitted by the participant you’d like to vote for, please be sure to include the relevant post number along with your vote.
  • When tallying the votes: each vote should be counted toward the specific post number/look that was voted for and not collectively attributed the username in each vote.

I have only just discovered the joys of polyvore.com while I have been at home ill and just thought of an idea for all tfsers.

Every week an item of clothing (handbag, jacket, skirt etc...) will be posted on the thread. And I challenge tfsers to create a whole look centred around that particular item using polyvore. There are no restrictions on how many polyvore outfits can be posted per tfser and no restrictions on creativity! You could be creating an outfit for something you'd wear out and about or if you were the fashion editor of a glossy mag. At the end of the week members will vote for their favourite look and the person who wins gets to choose the next item of the week.

Who wants to play?

Item of the week: Black Leather Ruche Leg Skinny Trousers

source: polyvore.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Shirt: American Eagle Plaid Tuxedo Pleat Shirt | Jacket: Vivienne Westwood Red Label Puff Collar Cardigan Jacket | Tee: Forever21 | Bag: YSL Patent Downtown | Shoebooties: Christian Louboutin Lapono | Rings: Heavy Chain Ring by Monsoon & Emerald Cut Pave Set Ring by Dominion Jewelers

...A pulled together look that is undone by the open, half tucked into the waistband shirt, the shock of blue by the feet teamed up with kohl-rimmed eyes and wind savaged hair...

source: hfgl

Hat: Oversize Beanie Hat by Topshop | Cardigan: Cable-knit Cardigan by Old Navy | Belt: Burberry Porsum Patent Corset Belt | Bra: Black Silhouette Mesh Bra by Miss Selfridge | Bag: Chanel Modern Chain Bag | Trainers: All Star Converse | Ring : Instyle.com | Sungalsses: Beautydirect2u.com

...lazy sunday afternoon spent with the boy, the only one who will see the lacy underwear as you traipse the streets wrapped up in knits and scuffed converses. A straight, stark bob is held in place by an oversized beanie, edith head style sunglasses hiding tales of the night before...

I'm really keen to see other people's ideas...I didn't make a thread just for me...:lol:

i'll try to but i have to get off now. i've been on too long.:blush: by the way, i love your first outfit! i would wear that!!

Okay, I tried making one..

Boden dusty green knitted hat, Stella Nova dark grey knitted cape, Miu Miu military green-ish extra long knitted gloves, Miu Miu borwn flats, light pink Marni top with an off white t from Wet Seal under.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 18
Here's my Polyvore outfit with the leather skinny. It's very fun and addictive by the way!

Acne Jeans parka, Rick Owens cardi, Dries van Noten tee, Topshop leather skinny,Balenciaga trainers, Roots direct beanie, Anthropologie earrings, Darel bag, Harrods cashmere scarf and Monsoon gloves.

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFndrYzRiSWVxM0JHbnR3SDF5VzdwRXcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

I must admit polyvore is starting to annoy me! Everytime I search for something ie 'moschino coat' I keep gettings links to polyvore with people who have named items! i'm like argh this isn't what I wanted! cute idea for a thread though! I love seeing how tfsers style things :flower:

BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmhoRWs2SkdxM0JHOEhDZEhxV3RDWHcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

Tiffany&Co Earrings
Abercrombie Legwarmers
M by MJ Jacket
Topshop Leather Trousers
Oli Cream Beret
Balenciage Bag
Christian Louboutin Peeptoes
Tissot Watch
Easton Pearson Pink Smock

Polyvore is waaay too addicting :( It's fun plotting out outfits!

bag by friis and company
converse sneakers
dorothyperkins scarf
american apparel tee

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast at Tiffanies all punked up and nowhere to go..

Hat : 'Rita' Coque Feather Headpiece :: Storm in a Teacup
Coat : Prada
Sequined Top : vivre.com
armwarmers : abercrombiekids.com

Bracelets clockwise from bottom:
Ultra-Bracelet,-Chanel-Joaillerie : momist.com
Pearl Studded Wristwear : Topshop
Black fishnet silver bangle bracelet : Torrid.com
Serpent Arm Cuff : my-wardrobe.com

Shoes : viecouture
Socks : Rykiel Homme polka dot

Side Fringed Scarf | Top Shop
Long Lean Ribbed Tank | Aéropostale
Audi Black Leather Jacket | Nolita
Felt Beret | Top Shop
Ben Sherman Leather Jean Belt | Urban Outfitters
Sliding Bangle Set | Shiva Fruitman
Red Agate Gemstone Ring
14K White Gold Black Tahitian Pearl Earrings 9.5mm
Black Sunglasses | Issac Mizrahi for Target
Black Leather Low Heeled Shoes | ASOS

does anyone know how i can go about pasting my image using a mac, i am pretty inept

Here is one for the fellows

I need to play around with the site more to get the hang of it, but pretty cool

Alberta Ferretti Tie neck coat
Ruche Leg Skinny Trousers
Hera Tiered organza dress
Roberto Cavalli Paillette embellished shoes
Roberto Cavalli Buffalo horn pendant
Chloé Mathilde evening bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics