The Row Resort 2025 Paris

The photography and cast really elevated this collection. Very beautiful to look at and with a strong “Olsen” DNA.

Boring as shxt lol

This quiet luxury trend is such a farse imo. Idk how is it in France or London, but I will never see a woman walking down the street dressed with layers of black or beige fabric, a big bag, flat shoes and think "oh look, a working class woman, typical member of the populace" Never ever. The luxury is still loud as hell, betch.

that look is rich to you because your eye is trained for it. Like the average person has no measure for quality - particularly apparel. So an all beige look with no logos would be quiet to that person.

I really wish The Row released film of their shows. These are clothes that need to be seen in motion, and most of the outerwear obscures the garments beneath when stationary.

They copied the corrugated cardboard like fabric from Galliano last collection!! Well, and they also copied Miyake, Philo, Zoran... now I get why the "no phones" ban...

tumblr_mugbs5BvkF1s0m8gyo1_500.gif

tumblr.com

Does anyone know what those panels in front of the models were about?

Pleasant editorial... I mean look book.

A lot of this looks like one of the many nameless brands from the 80s that excelled in outerwear and knits. With a penchant for the exotic reference that is both very but also not that on those nose. They'd always have a decent 2 page spread ad in Vogue and the like, and often featured in the advertorials of the time but rarely selected by stylists at their own volition. You'd see it everywhere, but also forget who it is. I'm sure that's intentional, but it doesn't spark a lot of joy.

The mustard on Maria Carla is gorgeous and look 9 coat is rather fabulous with the dash of red. But honestly, I'm not really moved by this. Just there, curated and composed really well for the image and that's fine. Really is nothing more besides that.

The lookbook is beautifully done, much better shots than I’ve seen from most magazines in years.

Collection is equally beautiful in my opinion.

This quiet luxury trend is such a farse imo. Idk how is it in France or London, but I will never see a woman walking down the street dressed with layers of black or beige fabric, a big bag, flat shoes and think "oh look, a working class woman, typical member of the populace" Never ever. The luxury is still loud as hell, betch.

Well, that’s sort of the point. Absolutely no one who has ever described their taste/style as “quiet luxury” is interested in being quiet about it. They are desperately hoping to be seen as …. of money. It's no less attention-seeking than logomania, and there's a whole lot of crossover when it comes to devotees of either trend. I find it more annoying than logomania, which is at least honest.

The good news is, I think the trend cycle has already moved on.

that look is rich to you because your eye is trained for it. Like the average person has no measure for quality - particularly apparel. So an all beige look with no logos would be quiet to that person.
I'm talking about the look, regardless of quality. To me it tries to blend in with the masses but just fails lol
Well, that’s sort of the point. Absolutely no one who has ever described their taste/style as “quiet luxury” is interested in being quiet about it. They are desperately hoping to be seen as …. of money. It's no less attention-seeking than logomania, and there's a whole lot of crossover when it comes to devotees of either trend. I find it more annoying than logomania, which is at least honest.

The good news is, I think the trend cycle has already moved on.
I see a correlation with the old money trend too.

I'm ready for fashion to move towards a more creative elegance.

Please dont mention Margiela and The row in the same sentence. A blasphemy.
The Row and COS, sure.

They are desperately hoping to be seen as …. of money. It's no less attention-seeking than logomania, and there's a whole lot of crossover when it comes to devotees of either trend. I find it more annoying than logomania, which is at least honest.
This is probably the best synopsis of the quite luxury trend, which I always find it a bit pretentious and snobbish.

The Row: Last week, I reported that the New York-based brand had sold a minority stake in the biz. I heard rumblings afterward that it was the Wertheimers, the family that owns Chanel, through their family office, Mousse. Others theorized that it was the Bettencourt family, which owes its fortune to L’Oreal. Turns out both theories were true, according to a report in Bloomberg.

The reported valuation—$1 billion—makes sense to me, given that the revenue is probably between $250 and $500 million, and these things are usually valued at 2-4x revenue. My understanding is that Byron Trott’s BDT & MSD will maintain a position in the business, and that they are instrumental in making this new deal happen. Anyway, as I said this week, I’m not sure there’s a better scenario for founders Mary-Kate and AshleyOlsen, who wish nothing more but to maintain control. Who better to do that with than two of the biggest investors in luxury in the world? Jeez, they didn’t even show and The Row still made out best this week. -Puck News

Wertheimers and Bettencourts purchased a stake in The Row.

Wertheimers and Bettencourts purchased a stake in The Row.
Smart to have avoided the obvious Arnault, Pinault, Richemont and the Gulf sovereign-backed funds. The Wertheimers and the Bettencourts have a much longer investment strategy.
I suppose that Agnelli's Exor wasn't well-positionned, they are really struggling to find a strong foothold in fashion.
Hope the investment means new boutiques in Asia & Europe, though I really can't see them in Milan, there is nothing remotely Italian in The Row. Perhaps in Paris, cause their investors are French; the Marais next to their show-room would be an obvious choice but they are definitely too expensive for the Marais, the 7e rue du Bac would suit them much better.

Last edited:
Smart to have avoided the obvious Arnault, Pinault, Richemont and the Gulf sovereign-backed funds. The Wertheimers and the Bettencourts have a much longer investment strategy.
I suppose that Agnelli's Exor wasn't well-positionned, they are really struggling to find a strong foothold in fashion.
Hope the investment means new boutiques in Asia & Europe, though I really can't see them in Milan, there is nothing remotely Italian in The Row. Perhaps in Paris, cause their investors are French; the Marais next to their show-room would be an obvious choice but they are definitely too expensive for the Marais, the 7e rue du Bac would suit them much better.
Rue du Bac is chic, perfect even but I would have imagine them at Les jardins du Palais Royal (even though I imagine there’s no space there anymore) because I suspect it would be more convenient for the international clientele.

Thank god indeed that Arnault didn’t jumped in.
I think we can exclude Pinault from all the conversations regarding participation in any company now…

And for Arnault, he got his own brands to fix, I wish he focused on that. What is (not) happening at Moynat is concerning…

This is probably the best synopsis of the quite luxury trend, which I always find it a bit pretentious and snobbish.
Isn't it the same wirh Maison Martin Margiela? No logo (totally anonymous !) but the quintessential four stitches to make sure people get that it's Margiela. 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->