The Strokes

Discussion in 'Star Style' started by HeatherAnne, Feb 12, 2010.

1. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Moderator's Note:
    • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
    • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
    • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
    • Please stay on topic!
    • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
    • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
    Thank you!

Video from the boys (sans Julian unfortunately) in the studio!

#1 HeatherAnne, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by moderator Sarahh: Apr 6, 2010
  2. AppleShaker

AppleShaker New Member

Squeeeeee!!!!!! tooo exciting omg omg omg!!!

3. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

Thanks darling, so excited. :heart:

From nme.

The Strokes have released a 'behind the scenes' video showing the band working on their new album, and you can see it by scrolling down.

Featuring the New York group in Manhattan's Avatar Studios, the 9-minute film includes the band working on a new song called 'Taken For A Fool' with producer Joe Chiccarelli.

Meanwhile earlier today, Julian Casablancas revealed The Strokes will play just two shows this summer.

Casablancas told NME.COM that those will be the band's only shows before they complete the record, with a September release planned.

"We're doing two with The Strokes and that's it for the summer," he said, adding he would take his solo show on the road again instead. "I'll do other festivals alone, If they'll have me!"

See this week's issue of NME, on UK newsstands now, for a full interview with Casablancas, during which he discusses the possibility of playing free shows this year too.

4. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

nme.com

5. StingyBaby

StingyBaby New Member

Ahhh I cannot wait until the new album's out and they start touring again.

6. HeatherAnne

Hmm.. not sure what to make of this. Could end up being bad, could be nothing to worry about. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

7. badlands

badlands New Member

the strokes are doing shows in australia (melbourne + sydney) in july. for all you lucky aussies! kinda depressed, as i'm in new zealand, and no sign of a show yet :( if at all.

8. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

^I know! I wish I could go but I don't think I can cause my final high school exam block is just after that :(

9. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

New thread! :woot: Nice to know that KOL is not the only bad that has 2 threads. -_-

10. XxpinktinksxX

XxpinktinksxX New Member

They better tour once their new album comes out. Such exciting news :D

11. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

It made my day! :buzz: Especially dedicated to my twin sister. :heart:

Fabricio Moretti: Strokes Album, Ouu 'Soon', a Throwback to Their Debut
    How’s the long-gestating, non-hierarchically structured new Strokes album coming along? We asked Fabrizio Moretti, Strokes drummer (and one-third of the band Little Joy), after he D.J.-ed a set for the new Sunglass Hut flagship store last night. “It's going well,” he said outside, smoking a Marlboro. “We recorded at Albert [Hammond Jr.]'s studio upstate. We're, like, inching ever so closer to the ****ing finish line, like turtles, but it's happening.” Moretti said the album will be out “soon,” but he couldn't promise it'll be within the year.
    There’s even better news: Moretti says that album is turning out “a lot more like the first record.” The first album, he explained, “was made through the course of our youth. And then the second and the third were kind of made within the schedule of just whatever the **** we were doing at the time. But now, because we've had the time to kind of just chill out, we got the chance to just kind of jam it out with each other.” Jamming out, of course, isn’t exactly Julian Casablancas’s style. So how’s everybody been getting along? “There are moments when it's sandpaper against sandpaper,” he admitted, without getting specific. “There are five different people and five different convictions, but we speak the same language. We always had the kind of gang mentality, but the older we get the more we realize the gang is actually a family. We're each other's chosen family, I guess.”
    Moretti, whose exes include Drew Barrymore, confirmed that he's dating Little Joy bandmate Binki Shapiro. "It's tough sometimes," he said. "In music you don't punch out at the end of the day. You come home when you're done with your ****ing show or recording and you have to work on more music, so bringing work to home or home to work is sometimes stressful, but it has its benefits." He added: "I tell her that I love her all the time." Moretti, back with a scruffy beard and disheveled locks after a brief flirtation with a cleaner cut, looked great. In fact, last night his hair was professionally mussed. “I just came from a photo shoot with Elle magazine,” he explained, “so I just let them do it for me.” He said it's still “a little bit weird” to be in fashion magazines, but the shoot “was really about Binki, and I was just the stooge that stood next to her every once in a while.”

[​IMG]

nymag

12. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

:clap:

fabrizio looks really good by the way...

13. Lily Jo

Lily Jo Active Member

Oooooo Yay a new album!

14. HeatherAnne

ckgirlbr, thanks so much for the news!:heart: Brightened my Monday morning right up :buzz:

15. mousyy

mousyy Active Member

excited for the new album. and i agree with *ana* fabrizio looks really good :shifty: :clap:

16. ckgirlbr

ckgirlbr goodbye kiss

First April, then September, now January... I just want the album to be released!

Thanks for the info, you :wub:

The Strokes' Julian Casablancas says new album will be out 'in January'
    Frontman also thinks they'll 'play at least one new song' at Isle Of Wight and RockNess

The Strokes' Julian Casablancas has announced that the band's new album will be released "in January".

Speaking to Clashmusic.com, the singer revealed that he was "pretty sure" the group's fourth studio album would be out at the start of 2011.

"I think January," he admitted. "I was told not to predict anymore. But I'm pretty sure it should be out in January".

The follow-up to 2006's 'First Impressions Of Earth', Casablancas also claimed that the band are seemingly over the creative differences that have delayed work on the album so far.

"I think time helped and more communication helped," he explained. "We'll see; it's like 'to be continued'. We'll see if things are okay with the band when we're on tour. When we're not on tour, everyone's super nice and chilled and it's all great. It's just when you go on tour that things get weird."

Set to appear at this year's Isle Of Wight festival on June 12, then RockNess in Scotland on June 13, the frontman told fans that while he wasn't sure if they would showcase any new material at those events, he thought they would "play at least one new song". - nme

17. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

these damn bands...:judge: they love to play with our little hearts don't they?
    i'll just calmly wait for the release now. won't get excited about any date-_-

:innocent:

18. AgrenateD

AgrenateD Active Member

from nme.com

:woot::woot::woot:

19. HeatherAnne

The Strokes to Play Secret London Warm-Up Gig Tomorrow

The Strokes look set to play a secret festivals warm-up show tomorrow night (June 9) in London.

The band posted up a logo based on their own with the name Venison on their Twitter (twitter.com/thestrokes), before then following it with a picture of the same account clearly taken from London's Dingwalls venue.

The website for the Camden venue Dingwalls.com lists Venison playing the venue tomorrow night, explaining that tickets will go on sale from 9pm (BST) tonight only from the venue's website.

The site also notes that the band were previously called "The ****ty Beatles."

Stay tuned to NME.COM for the latest on The Strokes' live return, including their headlining performance at the Isle Of Wight Festival this Saturday (June 12).

nme

A few pics from their twitter

I think Marta will like this one...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do I spy converse?
    [​IMG]

twitter.com/thestrokes

20. Daniel_

Daniel_ New Member

love the strokes! so fun but raw and powerful