The Strokes

MATT ROMANO
Wiz Kid management employee. Drum tech. Previous drumming replacement for Fab during The Strokes' UK tour after Fab fell out of the bus and broke his hand.

Have you seen In Transit? There's this really kinda sad scene in it, where The Strokes are performing and Matt is playing the drums instead Fabrizio and Fab's just kinda hanging backstage, looking at the stage.

In Transit is a home video DVD The Strokes made during their European tour. It was given only to fan club members (which, inexplicably, they closed the fan club awhile ago so new people could not join). I have only seen the first ten minutes of it b/c I bought a screwed up copy on eBay for a ludicrous amount of money (so, yeah, only the first ten minutes were watchable). I just bought another copy which I should get soon, and hopefully it won't be completely messed up like the last one. From the first ten minutes though, if you are obsessed with The Strokes, it's like watching the most captivating film ever.

What site did you get those pics from, opra? They are all working now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, yes. I know and love that site! No wonder I'd seen them all before!

Thanks for the link!!!!!!!!! :woot: There's lots of pictures I hadn't seen before. These are rather lovely:

10c14.jpg

11c17.jpg

Could someone please find and post the picture of Fab with the wooden Indian? I would really appreciate it! Here's some incentive...a good-looking and recent pic of Nikolai.

19.jpg

I just read somewhere that Fab has 30 pairs of Converses! :woot:

nycgirl84 said:
Could someone please find and post the picture of Fab with the wooden Indian? I would really appreciate it! Here's some incentive...a good-looking and recent pic of Nikolai.

19.jpg

This pic really is amazing! He looks so good! It's quite sad that most people don't appreciate the way he looks, because he can actually be super cute.

I am reading this interview this is such a sad part (Fab esp) about there high school experience:

"I don't know if we were the outsiders, but there was definitely a group of popular kids, and it wasn't us," Valensi says. "We were just into playing music."

"Overall, it was a pretty bad experience for all of us," Moretti says of their shared high school. "Eventually Julian quit, and Nick left around tenth or eleventh grade. I was left there by myself, and it was horrendous. We were really the only friends each other had."

I've read that interview. It's not that sad though. I mean, they're all still friends, adn look where they are now. I thought it was Albert who had the 30 pairs of Converse, not that it matters.

I was speaking of Fab who said he was left there by himself..... :heart:

I am listening to the interview right now!!! :flower:

They're hilarious....

Julian has such a cool voice. :heart:

^ I couldn't see those pics yesterday!!!! Love Fab's leather jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->