The supermodel is dead, says Claudia Schiffer

My post about Gisele...I think I made it clear imo why I thought she was the supermodel. But obviously you have selective reading.

^I'd second that, shoesexy.
and though i never was a fan of claudia's i have to say the girl was a truely fantastic model! all the original supers were. they still are uber gorgeous. take a look at linda or cindy. fabulous!

BUMP for this thread:

i kind of find this thread hilarious. as someone said a huge part of the reason why we don't have Supermodels anymore is, indeed, culture. the nineties was such a different era. Culture, in reference to music, lifestyles, etc. were so different. Yes, Naomi, Christy, Cindy, Linda did have an influence on musicians but it was all about the timing. Give 5 different gorgeous women the chance they had in the nineties and they could have been supers too all because of the era. Don't get me wrong they were indeed great supermodels & true supermodels as well.

I think part of the reason we lack supermodels nowadays is exclusivity in high fashion. Haute couture is a work of art, it's needless to say, but of those in the general public, who cares about couture? That's why i get so happy when my favourite models get commercial gigs & so called "go commercial" because it does even give them a chance of reaching supermodels status, although a chance of reaching it as the women of the nineties is very, very unlikely. Commercial marketing gets you so much more exposure & exposure is what makes you a supermodels;

Tanya Dzhivelea, somoeone who is dominating the HF market right now & has so many fans on this forum & has a thread that's like 600+ pages, versus someone say... Jessica White whom doesn't have 1/2 as many fans here and her thread is probably barely 100 pages will probably have, & probably has, more fame than Tanya, Vlada, Suvi :innocent:

I agree, even though i am certainly not a Gisele fan, that she & kate, are probably the only supermodels of the new millenium!

It really shows you how unpopular some of the biggest working girls are if the supermodels of the nineties, Linda, Cindy, Naomi, Christy, Claudia aren't working half as much as then and have so much fame; even timeless fame because they're still being talked about and still are viewed as celebs :innocent: They even have a status that is just as equal as celebs/actors/actresses. Naomi Campbell &/or Cindy Crawford are just as known as Nicole Kidman &/or Halle Berry in the general public & i'm very sure we all here know who Halle Berry &/or Nicole Kidman are :innocent:

IMO, you're truly big if you are known by "outsiders"; someone who isn't familiar with your market and knows you. prime example again, Gisele; so many of my peers know who she is and haven't visited Bellazon, models.com or the fashion spot a day in their life. :innocent:

cont'd:

Another reason we don't have supermodels is the standard of beauty. Now, come on, people. Yes, Adriana Lima may be a supermodel because of her "commercial" success and yes, High fashion is more "prestigious", but i can assure you that a teenage girl or grown woman would much rather look like Adriana Lima versus Milagros Schmoll :lol: Again, the general public doesn't care about the high fashion look. I think it's such a shame that someone such as my beloved Doutzen, at times, is said to not be "high fashion" because she has a beauty that is obvious :rolleyes: & what makes it worse is that i don't think this glamorous stage is coming back. the girls are only getting more awkward & awkward looking & that the fashion industry's market is becoming a home for girls whom are, in the general public, downright rejects! I wish that it was still the time that the timeless beauty of Christy Turlington was considered high fashion & that the looks of Meghan Collison wasn't. :huh: shows you how much fashion has changed :rolleyes:

ay mama don't bring this sh!t back! :lol:

all of these model obsessed people need to get a damn life seriously, its like, they dont give a damn about you, why should you?

i feel bad, like if they're waiting for the models to send them an autographed picture or something? or wait wait, they're just waiting to catch you wrong so they can prove you how much useless information they're full of.

that my friend, its so lame.

Last edited by a moderator:
preventing models from reaching star status
They don't deserve to reach star status anyway.

Again, the general public doesn't care about the high fashion look
The designers/agencies certainly don't seem to do so. The general public needs a different high fashion look than the one that is dominant at the moment. Proper models, women that will be admired and looked upon as examples of femininity, elegance and beauty. Healthy beauty.

and what's going to be when Gisele retires? she is not 19 anymore too :cry:
good place doesn't stay empty for a long? The nature doesn't like emptiness?
i just can't imagine it. then model will be just a phrase, people don't know any concrete models? weird

The supermodels of yesterday were so beautiful..these so-called "dollface" models look like aliens...Iam sick of seeing the same boring celebs on magazines covers...like Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Alba, Kate Hudson..etc

I'm fine with it. I don't really care much about what the general public thinks of models anyways...:ninja:

yeah really i think i wouldn't be so interested in high fashion models if general public was interested in them

Yeah! Who cares about the general public anyway?:rolleyes:

cont'd:

Another reason we don't have supermodels is the standard of beauty. Now, come on, people. Yes, Adriana Lima may be a supermodel because of her "commercial" success and yes, High fashion is more "prestigious", but i can assure you that a teenage girl or grown woman would much rather look like Adriana Lima versus Milagros Schmoll :lol: Again, the general public doesn't care about the high fashion look. I think it's such a shame that someone such as my beloved Doutzen, at times, is said to not be "high fashion" because she has a beauty that is obvious :rolleyes: & what makes it worse is that i don't think this glamorous stage is coming back. the girls are only getting more awkward & awkward looking & that the fashion industry's market is becoming a home for girls whom are, in the general public, downright rejects! I wish that it was still the time that the timeless beauty of Christy Turlington was considered high fashion & that the looks of Meghan Collison wasn't. :huh: shows you how much fashion has changed :rolleyes:

you, mr., hit the nail right on the head with both of your posts! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->