The Zara 'Series' Campaign Thread

Individual pieces from the collection:

zara.com

There's a heavenly story with Angelina Kendall by Ethan James Green up on Zara's website, here's a preview via Instagram:

More via Ethan James Green:

ZARA WOMAN COLLECTION AW23
Photography:
Ethan James Green
Styling: Xim Ramonell
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make-up: Sam Visser
Model: Angelina Kendall

zara.com

Individual pieces from the collection:

zara.com

These Zara campaigns are stunning but in all honesty I don't understand how the fashion industry can support Zara? Their business model is to copy others and then sell it cheaply. I thought we are living in a time where fast fashion is something negative and copying to resell it for cheap would be too?

They famously copied Peter Do's Combat Boots. Now they also copied Helmut Langs Pre Fall 24 campaign.

Helmut Lang's layout was to have the street corners written on the image. Zara literally went to those street corners and ripped HL off one to one, with a different photographer.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.27.49 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.27.51 AM.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.27.54 AM.jpgScreenshot 2024-02-13 at 9.27.57 AM.jpg

Zara Beachwear 2024 with Imaan Hammam, styled by Emmanuelle Alt:

ZARA.COM
Looks like the photography of Purienne. Absolutely beautiful! The images remind me of his beach editorials for Vogue Paris. Miss that magazine and that team's magic touch...

Zara Denim 2024 with Lila Moss photographed by David Sims, styled by Emmanuelle Alt:

ZARA.COM

These Zara campaigns are stunning but in all honesty I don't understand how the fashion industry can support Zara? Their business model is to copy others and then sell it cheaply. I thought we are living in a time where fast fashion is something negative and copying to resell it for cheap would be too?

They famously copied Peter Do's Combat Boots. Now they also copied Helmut Langs Pre Fall 24 campaign.

Helmut Lang's layout was to have the street corners written on the image. Zara literally went to those street corners and ripped HL off one to one, with a different photographer.

View attachment 1249228
View attachment 1249229View attachment 1249230View attachment 1249231

Zara is positioning itself differently from all the fast-fashion brands.
The changes happened since Marta Ortega took charge…She loved fashion, consume HF and is pretty much part of that world.

But more than that, she was clever to understand the shift in the industry. Zara cannot compete against Fashionnova and SHEIN. But they can compete with Sandro and others but also the contemporary brands…

She hired talents, respected talents of the industry and I know that they have changed a lot of things in their production by relocating a large part of it in Europe and things like that.

And it’s paying off. When we look at Zara against H&M, the gap is insane and H&M is playing catch-up through COS.

SHEIN and others have really changed the perception around historic Fast Fashion brands. Plus, Zara in his quest for credibility can pay the talents extremely well and provide a level of ressources and creative freedom they may not have in most HF jobs.

It’s more exciting to style Zara than a big brand. There’s no full look policy and other politics involved.

I am not impressed with the outcome of Zara Denim 2024. The photographs just look lackluster. I also see a shot of Anja Rubik, not wearing denim.

ZARA ZW COLLECTION
Photography:
Charlotte Stouvenot
Styling: Ángela Picón Muñoz
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Make-up: Petros Petrohilos
Model: Sasha Pivovarova

zara.com

ZARA ZW COLLECTION
Model:
Lulu Tenney

zara.com