Tiffany Jewelry and Watches

it's the person that makes the piece unique. if we let the fact that others may have the same piece dictate what we wear (or in this case, DON'T wear) we are sacrificing our own style in a way. Limiting ourselves. we can each make a piece, no matter how mass produced, our own. just take a look at some of the street style photos. there are many "favourite" outfits on there that contain "trendy" items, yet on each person it looks individual.

we can make things our own. THAT is the sign of good style, not just having something that no one else does (nothing against your mother) but just in general, in response to your comment.

Since I started designing jewelery, I've realized that any designer sterling silver jewelry is disgustingly overpriced - beyond that of any fashion designer.

This bracelet for example.
440387373_4bd961365d.jpg

They use this type of chain on everything. $180 for a bracelet, $280 for a necklace. They sell the EXACT same chain in midtown manhattan for $14/foot =(

source: flickr.com

it's the person that makes the piece unique. if we let the fact that others may have the same piece dictate what we wear (or in this case, DON'T wear) we are sacrificing our own style in a way. Limiting ourselves. we can each make a piece, no matter how mass produced, our own. just take a look at some of the street style photos. there are many "favourite" outfits on there that contain "trendy" items, yet on each person it looks individual.

we can make things our own. THAT is the sign of good style, not just having something that no one else does (nothing against your mother) but just in general, in response to your comment.

I was specifically referring to jewellery, I don't know why you brought clothing into this. I shop at H&M and am able to make items from there my own.
I just don't see what is so special in having a return to Tiffany bracelet, and 'treasuring' it, even if you don't wear it like everyone else does.. it's so overdone. Jewellery is (in most cases) passed down from generation to generation.. but giving someone an item of jewellery that they can easily attain themselves makes the whole concept less special.
This is just how I view this... if you're interested in mass market (and in this case, low quality) silver, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat, as they say.

^_^

^ hmm, that's a weird limitation you put on jewelry. not everyone is going to invest in jewelry. to many, it's a favourite FASHION piece. i just commented on it because i found you had this logic towards this pariticular piece, yet don't apply the same to other things. but i hope others will not feel like their Tiffany pieces are inferior and "low quality".:innocent:

I love that they always have something affordable for any occasion. I have a pearl necklace from them...

I love the SS mesh bracelet w/ diamonds that my husband gifted me last Christmas. So beautiful!

Since I started designing jewelery, I've realized that any designer sterling silver jewelry is disgustingly overpriced - beyond that of any fashion designer.

This bracelet for example.

They use this type of chain on everything. $180 for a bracelet, $280 for a necklace. They sell the EXACT same chain in midtown manhattan for $14/foot =(

source: flickr.com

That's so true. If you are going to buy something that ridiculously overpriced make sure it's extremely beautiful or unique. I'd personally rather just buy gold.

I have the return to tiffany oval tag bracelet with my name engraved on the back. I love it to bits.

I went to Tiffany's yesterday and was browsing at the rings. Their newest engagement ring, the Tiffany Novo was gorgeous, I was drooling all over! :lol:

2jg14ck.jpg

This is my Tiffany's Necklace the boyfriend got me for christmas. I'm in love with it. And he's already pretty much agreed to get me a one of their gold engagement rings. What a guy!!

Source: Tiffany & Co

I have been given the choice to ANY engagement ring-

and I'm after the 2.2 carat platinum setting brilliant cut diamond ring (as I have always dreamed lol), just one big stone thats it from Tiffanys... is it worth it? of you think I should looking into another jeweler ??

I'm probably the only girl in the world who doesn't care for Tiffany & Co :innocent:

Me neither. I have a few sterling bracelets that I got back in highschool and a cuff. But the prices are now astronomical! When I bought the 1837 cuff I think it was $350 usd; now it's $500:shock:

I have been given the choice to ANY engagement ring-

and I'm after the 2.2 carat platinum setting brilliant cut diamond ring (as I have always dreamed lol), just one big stone thats it from Tiffanys... is it worth it? of you think I should looking into another jeweler ??

I honestly think that if you're not a label wh*re, you should look into other jewelry designers/makers. You can probably have the most awesome custom made ring for a fraction of the price you would pay for a Tiffany Setting.

But that is just my honset opinion! congrats on the pending engagement!! :smile:

as I have never owned Tiffany diamonds, I don't really know if it's worth it, but my husband got my ring at an antique store and it's from the 1920's and it's more special to me than if he waltzed into Tiffany. He probably also got more ring for the price than he would have there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->