Tim Walker To Shoot 2018 Pirelli Calendar

I loved Tim Walker for many years but this calendar is a fail. First of all, going from a nude calendar to a heavily prop'ed and styled fantasy calendar is too much of a leap. I was waiting for something closer to his Hieronymus Bosch editorial with bits of nude. That would have been much more fitting.

Then, of course, the casting is a hit and miss. The idea is fantastic but it was badly cast. Slick Woods, really? Are we still talking about this trainwreck of a model? And Adwoah is becoming the equivalent to Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner, I'm over her. SO f**** over her. I'm so tired of Naomi too.
With the great amount of less known POC models and even some more widely known ones did he really have to go for the actresses, the singers, Naomi? This cast smells like Enninful and his lack of capabilities to cast outside his circle of friends/faves.

Also, is Alice wearing a super short dress? Is this some kind of Lolita in Wonderland? I can't deal with so much fail in something that should have been glorious.

The most exciting thing about those pictures is the fact that Walker isn't shooting with his "famed" Pentax 67.

absolutely agree with all you've said, but just bear in mind he's not the first the clothe his subjects for Pirelli. Lindbergh and Leibovitz both did that as well....

I adore Tim Walker, but I don't think his vision fits Pirelli calendar, even though the latter has totally lost all the sensuality and sexuality it was about a while ago. I really don't get what they stand for anymore

absolutely agree with all you've said, but just bear in mind he's not the first the clothe his subjects for Pirelli. Lindbergh and Leibovitz both did that as well....

But nothing as heavy as this, I believe. One thing is a t-shirt another is a heavy coat over a heavy dress with an even heavier head thingy. It's too heavy for Pirelli. I can remember a few "issues" with no nudity that I loved. Even Sarah Moon's 1972 calendar felt more appropriate than this. This says nothing. It's not political as they wish it to be, it's not different, it's nothing. It's yet another LOVE ed as someone said before. And why pay the price of a Pirelli calendar when you can buy a magazine for less?

Don't like it. The problem is not that people are clothed is that they are not sexy at all. Isn't that the whole point of a Pirelli calendar? Walker basically totally failed the brief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->