Pirelli Calendar 2013 by Steve McCurry [No images from the calendar allowed]

^ oh yes, the articles say that this will be the first calendar with the models dressed. the photographer's purpose is to take out the models' soul

"The calendar, shot in Rio de Janeiro, in different neighborhoods, from the historial to the favelas, to the wild nature of Brasil, is a kind of diary of the soul and protagonists are 11 models involved in the support of foundations, NGOs and humanitarian projects"

so i suppose the nudity would be kind of out of place....

corriere della sera

I dont like that. I mean they are totally rejecting the idea of the calendar that isbasicly show nudity making it a more classy version of those car workshop calendars.
I dont mind the models being dressed up but showing "their souls" is not the goal of the calendar.

I think the calendar lensed by Demarchelier a few years ago (2008? 2009?) had little or no nudity. It was a little cheesecakey with some of the models in lingerie. Coco Rocha's images ironically were the ones that showed the most skin.

2013 Pirelli Calendar by Steve McCurry ft Karlie Kloss, Adriana Lima, Marisa Monte | FashionTV

Pirelli Calendar 2013 ft Models Adriana Lima, Karlie Kloss, Sonia Braga, Isabeli Fontana | FashionTV

Egh, I honestly don't like this. Not to sound like a creep or anything, but don't people buy the Pirelli calendar expecting there to be naked women in it? I also don't like some of the photos in the preview. He took someone as stunningly beautiful as Adriana Lima & made her look (dare I say it)- average. I wouldn't even know she was a model by looking at that shot of her. I understand that McCurry takes beautiful photos for National Geographic, but I was expecting a bit more than just beautiful women with basic clothes on staring into the camera. Maybe it's just me. That's not Pirelli imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was afraid this would happen. I love McCurry but his modus operandi and fashion, erhm, not so much.
The imagery produced here of course is insanely pretty but it doesnt really land in me somehow,
I miss the sexuality, and the decadence of it, specifically in these calendars. Then again, I love them
for exploring this path.

Last edited by a moderator:
^agree.

This is rather bland and could be any other calendar.

I don't like it either.. compared to last years Sorrenti calendar which was sexy and gorgeous....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->