Tod's F/W 07.08 : Sienna Miller by Mikael Jansson

style_expert

Reaction score
06060736us9.jpg

For the first time in its history, Tod's has tapped a celebrity to appear in one of its ad campaigns — and not just any celebrity, but actress and tabloid regular Sienna Miller, who flew into New York last month for a weekend photo shoot at Megu in TriBeCa, straight from the set of "The Edge of Love," co-starring Keira Knightley. Mikael Jansson shot Miller with the fall 2008 collection, overseen by Derek Lam, Tod's creative director (and recent CFDA accessories designer of the year). This season will mark Lam's first time designing the brand's accessories as well as its ready-to-wear. Miller spent her downtime during the shoot chatting with Lam and Diego Della Valle, president of Tod's. The ads will be seen worldwide in fashion and lifestyle magazines beginning in August.
from wwd

i actually like it..sienna looks beautiful,especially hair style

Comparing this to Anja's ads of the last few years...:innocent:Sienna isn't much of a model, is she.

i miss anja :cry: she was perfect for tod's :blush:
but even though i don't really sienna, the ad is ok. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
its quite boring compared to their past ads, which have been quite exciting. but i like the choice of jansson

I really like this ad but I do miss Anja too:unsure:

i like it too...i can't wait to see the rest of the series...
i was getting a bit bored with anja's ads...

omg, I love the tod's summer collection but seeing this ad makes me want to burn my shoes. Why did they decided to use that annoying little person? It's such a stupid move cause a lot of people are going to have a negative reaction to her and consequently to the product she's promoting, as opposed to using an anonymous model. PLus, have you seen Sienna EVER wear tod's??? yeah, me neither.

Sienna looks good, I have to admit, but I'd rather see Anja ni it.

I know they want to sell the shoes, but the pose is a bit awkward.
Oh, Sienna... you had to ruin one of my favorite brands.

Aw... She's not that bad... :-(

Granted she may not have been my personal pick... I usually wish they would only use models for campaigns... but it isn't terrible! She does look quite lovely IMO.

^ Well Lindsay ruined Miu Miu for me, I guess we should come to accept this sort of thing; if it was Victoria Beckham for something I'd die!

Sienna looks great, I wish the picture was a bit bigger

Much better the Anja campaigns, the face expresion of Sienna is so bad, no liked:(

I think if they had styled Anja like this and put her in the same position, it would have been MUCH nicer. Sienna doesn't look terrible, but I feel like Anja would've looked nicer.

I don't have many complaints, actually. The pose is a bit awkward, but otherwise the picture is quite nicely done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->