tokidoki for LeSportsac

Dreamland said:
i wanna get it as a diaper bag.:D

I'm thinking of it for my friend who's expecting :lol:

I think its cute. I'm hoping for a totelike bag in the black for class. Lesporte nylon can take the beating of school. :blush:

Any more news on this Brian? Pictures especially would be lovely... :blush:

here's a photo of fergie of the black eyed peas with one of the bags :lol:

1129350002_content_images_image_file_fergie4.jpg

from tokidoki.it

Last edited by a moderator:
^ She is so ugly, :lol: but cutest bag ever! I can't wait to get my hands on one!

I visited the Lesportsac boutique in NYC and got myself on the waiting list. I think I'm the 8th or 9th person on the list. Anyway, I asked the sales associate when the Tokidoki collection will arrive and he said February since it got delayed/pushed back. Has anyone heard about this?

last i heard was from an online customer service person + they said Jan 1st. but that was like about 2 weeks ago..

shopaholic668 said:
I visited the Lesportsac boutique in NYC and got myself on the waiting list. I think I'm the 8th or 9th person on the list. Anyway, I asked the sales associate when the Tokidoki collection will arrive and he said February since it got delayed/pushed back. Has anyone heard about this?
ugh... lesportsac is always delaying, pushing back, and cancelling things... i still remember the whole drama with the final line from the gwen stefani collection... i hope none of that happens with tokidoki... :rolleyes:

preview_tokidoki_01.gif

preview_tokidoki_02.gif

from lesportsac.com
:buzz:

bella...

9520_7600.jpg

9520_4556.jpg

from lesportsac.com
$120, includes qee :heart:

canguro...

9519_4556.jpg

9519_7600.jpg

from lesportsac.com

$96, includes qee :heart:

Fashion Worlds Meld as LeSportsac Meets tokidoki and Toy2R

What? You have never heard of tokidoki? How about Toy2r? Read on……

LeSportsac is excited to debut tokidoki for LeSportsac, for Spring 2006. This line of handbags and accessories fuses together the fashion forward fun and chic utility of LeSportsac, with the imaginative and provocative world of tokidoki, the new brand from famed Hard Candy co-creator Pooneh Mohajer Arnold and Internationally renowned artist Simone Legno. Featured with the tokidoki for LeSportsac collection will be the miniature toy creations of Toy2R, the leader in the prestigious designer toy market. Each of these three collaborators brings their individual creative vision and perspective to offer a truly fresh and innovative line that embodies a larger global perspective-- one that is the fusion of fashion, lifestyle, art, and culture.

tokidoki, the brand started by Italian artist Simone Legno and his partners, Pooneh Mohajer Arnold and Ivan Arnold, is a study in contrasts. Roman born Legno is both fascinated and charmed by Japanese culture, so the name tokidoki, which means “sometimes” in Japanese, was chosen because “everyone waits for moments that change one’s destiny. tokidoki is the hope, the hidden energy everyone has inside.” Laughing flowers, winking stars, coy babies, sultry ingénues, rainbows, and children, among many other unique and incredible artistic visions, populate the world of tokidoki. The Japanese-inspired designs of tokidoki are rich with duality. Simone has been called the Italian Murakami and tokidoki designs are provocative yet pure… cute and playful, sexy and sophisticated. The world is invited to share in the web-based world of tokidoki via interactive games that bring all ages into this amazing world of play.

Founded by toy mastermind Raymond Choy in 1995, Toy2R is one of the most well known toy retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturers in designer toys. Created from the idea of placing toys into an art context, Toy2R strives to systematically break down the borders between product design, art, and graphics. Among the first to see the potential of the Art Toy Movement, Toy2R works with an army of artists to create innovative and collectible designs. The most popular series to date is the “Qee” line of two-inch key-chain figurines. The qees start as white, three-dimensional blank canvases for various artists to explore and design. The results are materialized artistic visions thought up by each artist. For this collection, LeSportsac worked with artists, Meomi and Dalek from the Toy2R organization, as well as tokidoki, to create a new and limited edition of qees that accompany each tokidoki for LeSportsac handbag or accessory. Limited quantities of the in 8” tokidoki qee will be available for the playful at heart and the serious collector.

The tokidoki for LeSportsac collection offers a fresh utility-type styling with a young attitude and urban appeal. Standard LeSportsac features include signature rip-stop nylon and standard webbings. However, the collection now includes a vachetta leather trim that softens beautifully with use. Sturdy utilitarian hardware in metallic colors, metal zippers in a rainbow of color, and green metallic carabiners, all convey and enhance the line’s new utilitarian fashion as they are evidence of tokidoki’s signature style. Plenty of pockets…useful but chic mesh pockets on the outside, more on the inside, and elastic ‘key leash’ cords with carabiners all heighten a sense of sport utility fashion. More playful touches to the collection include rivets that wink with an embossed star in green and a detachable green ball chain to wear or…

tokidoki for LeSportsac comes in a broad range of new and different styles, including a medium sized duffle for office to yoga, a flat messenger bag for your laptop, or a cool hobo for a night out. :heart: All tokidoki for LeSportsac styles come in Black with the unique-to-this-collection print lining which reminds wearers, every time they open their bags, of the spirit of tokidoki. Additionally, all styles are offered in the print which overtly lets wearers say they are looking for their ‘tokidoki’. Even the tokidoki trademark logo of the heart and crossbones reflects the mantra of ‘love, but love cautiously.” The tokidoki for LeSportsac collection will be available in January at the LeSportsac flagship store located at 1065 Madison Ave. in NY and at Soho located at 176 Spring Street in NY. The collection will also be available at 8500 Beverly Blvd. in LA, or online at www.LeSportsac.com.

The fanny bag is cute and it looks like you can already buy those online too.:heart:

NO! I was hoping for a non-leather Tokidoki bag (I would buy one in a flash but I'm a vegetarian so no leather for me).

Otherwise, fun design.

i'm loving the bella, but, it's small.. i've been finding i need bigger bags, lol. i hope the whole line gives me at least one bag i won't feel hesitant to buy!

i love the canguro, but i know i would get sick of it quite fast.

looks like they've been available online for a few days now. :woot: anyone purchase any? maybe post some pics or something :innocent: i want to buy one but i'm not sure if i'll get sick of it.. i think i'll buy one. how is the material? durable?

a lot of the designs are sold out online! That was quick. :shock:

^ i know... i was quite surprised... a lot of them sold out the same night that they first went online, actually!
i really hope lss continues with this line. the bags are gorgeous and look a lot better in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->