Stella McCartney for Lesportsac

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
excerpts from todays wwd.

McCartney to Design Line for LeSportsac

LONDON — Stella McCartney is joining forces with LeSportsac to design a limited-edition accessories collection to be launched in spring 2008.

The collection will focus on multipurpose travel bags, luggage, baby accessories and totes for mothers with young children. The company plans to make an official announcement today.

The Stella McCartney for Le­Sportsac collection will be sold in high-end department and specialty stores worldwide. It will also be sold at the three Stella McCartney boutiques — here and in New York and Los Angeles — and the five LeSportsac stores, and will be available online.

The collection initially will have 30 to 40 styles, and the average price of a bag will be $200 to $250. The deal with LeSportsac is for 18 months, and is renewable.

"LeSportsac has a strong history of making iconic nonleather goods, and this is a unique opportunity for Stella McCartney to address a new category of accessories for the busy woman of today," said Marco Bizzarri, chief executive officer and president of Stella McCartney.

Bizzarri told WWD the new collaboration was a way for the brand to create a worldwide audience for Stella McCartney bags. "It will give her bags a wider appeal."

McCartney has a nonleather accessories line, part of her ready-to-wear collection, that was launched for fall 2006. The LeSportsac deal is the latest in a string of partnerships the designer has formed to boost her brand's profile as well as the bottom line.

Steve Jacaruso, chief operating officer and president of LeSportsac, said the brand wanted to "tap into Stella McCartney's creative vision and take [Le­Sportsac] to the next level of high-end design and style."

He said the line would be innovative and versatile and the bags would appeal to a variety of women, whether or not they're toting children around.

A Stella McCartney spokesman said the company would report its 2006 financial results in the late spring. Bizzarri said sales were exceeding expectations.

As reported, PPR, which through its Gucci Group subsidiary holds 50 percent of Stella McCartney and has majority stakes in Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Sergio Rossi, said the brands were "well in advance" of reaching their breakeven targets in 2007.

Sounds cool. I can't wait to see the designs! Hopefully purple will be involved. :wink:

Could be interesting, I don´t always like Stella but I think that when she´s good, she is really good.

i think the deal will probably infuse the stella mccartney brand with a LOT of money. gwen stefani's line for lesportsac grossed 50 million (but the bags were priced lower than stella's would be)

i hope that there are going to be some messenger type bags.

it stinks that we have to wait a whole year for the bags to go on sale!

this is going to be very intersting....i love the stuff she did for adidas, and if it's something simple and sporty, i think she'll do well. look what it did for gwen!

we have to wait a whole year??!
damn, another thing i need to have shipped from the states, lol :smile:

eh, they've lost my respect.

not that its too hard to earn anyway :lol:

Hardly any of the bags from Lesportsac have caught my eye.
But I'm interested to see what Stella McCartney will whip up with this one.

hmm yes interesting, definitely. i liked the nikes she did a while ago so i'll have to see how these turn out.

A company that has many non-leather bags+a favourite designer=dream come true.

I have to wait a year for it?!? Argh...

I'm looking forward to see what Stella will create... too bad we have to wait a year. :doh:

I heard Stella McCartney is launching a cotton bag something with a concept like Anya Hindmarch's I'm not a plastic bag.Do you think it will come out in the Lesportsac line?

quite possibly.........i'm really curious to see the designs for these lesportsac bags

...and the suspense builds...

i love the stella for adidas line, so i'm looking forward to this as well.

Designer's collection for Le Sportsac debuts

Previews began today for Stella McCartney's limited-edition travel and accessories collection for LeSportsac, and the 17-piece line is sure to meet with shouts of approval from adults, kids, eco-lovers, moms, and jet-setters alike. Ranging in price from $98 for a cosmetic bag to $475 for the large 26" check-in suitcase, the collection is due to hit stores in January. A spokeswoman for LeSportsac explained the philosophy behind the collection. "Stella designed this with her lifestyle in mind, so these are really the items that she and her friends would carry when they travel. And of course, everything is eco-friendly!"

The collection features everything from a chic computer case to a Mum tote to everyday bags, travel clutches, kid's travel cases, camera bags, hobos, and bowling bags. Colors include purple-grey, blue, antique, dirty pink, grey, and orange--some of these shades are available in quilted and colorblock versions as well. Styles also come in the posh and pop--two abstract floral prints, the former featuring dusky pinks and purples while the latter is composed of oranges and blues. In keeping with McCartney's eco-friendly aesthetic, all fabrics are generated from 100% recycled materials, with hangtags made from 100% recycled paper--down to the 100% recycled plastic sleeves they come in. Also, each bag is multi-functional, boasts metallic hardware details, and contains compartments for cosmetics and notepads, while some have insulating compartments for water or baby bottles. Each bag also features a snap-out mesh cosmetics pouch, regardless of size, and each suitcase comes with its own garment bag. Wheels on suitcases come with wheel guards so floors won't get scuffed.

On an adorable note, McCartney's 2 1/2-year-old son, Miller Alasdhair James Willis, has been acting as design consultant on the collection. A fan of bunnies, Miller's favorite animal has been incorporated into the collection in the form of bunny rucksacks ($120), available in pop, posh, and grey prints, and also in mini-bunny keychains which adorn many of the bags and suitcases. His animal preference for next season? An homage to Bambi: deer.
story and images from fashionweekdaily

Attachments

• picsrv.fashionweekdaily.com.jpg
    picsrv.fashionweekdaily.com.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
i like this print better (fashionweekly)

Attachments

• picsrv.fashionweekdail.jpg
    picsrv.fashionweekdail.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 0
im in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i'll most definately get one of these...any shapes or pics or anything besides color swatches? or is she just using their standard bag shapes?

Didn't Stella Mccartney already sort of do a few lesportsac bags? She only did prints, I believe (on the typical LSS shapes) but still...

Ready to give birth to her third child, McCartney has motherhood on the brain. Each bag contains compartments for cosmetics and baby wipes and insulating compartments for baby bottles.
The Mum Tote, for instance, comes in a dusty pink nylon with a changing pad and a laptop sleeve. In an e-mail, McCartney said she was focused on making the bags “user-friendly, yet attractive…bags with a point of difference in lightweight travel, not just black; bags that complement your personality and your lifestyle.”
Wholesale prices range from $42 for a cosmetic case to $204 for one of the luggage pieces.
Another McCartney hallmark is being environmentally conscious. All the fabrics are made from 100 percent recyclable materials and even the paper hangtag is made from recycled paper. The plastic dust bags in which the handbags come are completely biodegradable.
excerpt from wwd...

thanks lucy! does anyone know when these will hit the site or stores?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->