Tom Ford F/W 2016.17 by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

It's better than their atrocious campaign for ss2015.
It's classy and sensual. They are doing great thing for TF this year.
I'm curious about the rest and the cast.

That's actually a really beautiful picture, purely from an aesthetic standpoint. The colors are warm and inviting, the models are lit nicely, the body language is just exaggerated enough not to look like a candid, and the fact that you have a black female model and a white female model seemingly about to kiss or breaking a kiss shouldn't be downplayed given the tumultuous social climate in the US. I also like that it's very sensual without being particularly sexualized. That's not something you see a lot.

All in all it reminds me slightly of those politicized Benetton ads from back in the day.

I feel like this collection is so strong, rich and expensive, it just deserves a better campaign. This is not terrible, but it could have been A LOT better.

I can vaguely gauge the intent, which is always welcome coming from TF, but the execution is just so weak. It doesn't feel authentic at all, looks more affected. Like a candid take of two models shooting a your typical department store campaign. On a plus side the styling looks really good.

Who are these girls?

^ Grace Hartzel :ninja: and Amilna Estevao.

Let's hope there are more shots with other girls.

Usually I find images like this gimmicky but there is some honesty in it that I instantly warmed up to. Maybe it's the fact that it's romantic and sensual rather than sexy and that it doesn't give up more than it should. It makes me question myself, "Who are these women? Do they have husbands? Is this a kiss between two women who met at a party and are never going to see each other again? Or are they married to each other and what we are witnessing is a kiss before they go to work?" I'm intrigued to see more.

Well... it's a lazy idea especially with this very common background.

The size of the bag is the real shocking thing in this image !

PJ3khZUK.jpg

vogue

I always feel like there's a disconnect between Tom Ford collections and the campaigns. Their beauty ads always nail it, but the clothing ads leave a lot to be desired. I'd even prefer if channeled his old Gucci campaigns.

Damn, i thought the girl on the right was Freja. :huh: :(

Full & HQ

Tom Ford - Designer
Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin - Photographer
Carine Roitfeld - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Sam McKnight - Hair Stylist
Pat McGrath - Makeup Artist
James Scully - Casting Director
Stephen Galloway - Choreographer
Amilna Estevao - Model
Erik van Gils - Model
Grace Hartzel - Model
Tre Samuels - Model

tomford.com

YAAAAS! My dress is on the campaign:wub::wub::lol:
Amilna is the real star.
Tre is a babe....

It's quite boring for Tom Ford but it's well executed. Much more convincing than his 3 previous RTW ads...

I like everything except for the background, it's just too basic for this brand.

Very nicely executed. Well cast, well lit, good modeling, interesting poses, well styled...I like it a lot.

Really the only thing I would have changed would have been to use a grey seamless in the shots instead of having the shadow line of where the wall meets the floor. Ha! Otherwise very attractive campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->