Tom Ford F/W 2024.25 : Rianne van Rompaey, Fei Fei Sun & Yuqi Meng by Robin Galiegue

As much as they’re nice images, somehow I just don’t feel as though they’re the right fit for Tom Ford. Maybe they’re a bit too serious?

Will be curious to see where this brand goes with whoever is in charge next.

credits:
Photographer: Robin Galigue
Styling: Marie Chaix
Hair: Damien Boissinot
Makeup: Dick Page
Casting: DM Casting

As much as they’re nice images, somehow I just don’t feel as though they’re the right fit for Tom Ford. Maybe they’re a bit too serious?

Will be curious to see where this brand goes with whoever is in charge next.
It’s very 90’s. It makes me think of the Envy commercial with Georgina or the SS1998 campaign…. that kind of cold, tense atmosphere that clashes with the « glamour » of it all.
But it’s cinematic. Very Michael Mann-ish.

Tom Ford is maybe more fun indeed. But that’s what Hawkings grasps from the heritage.

They are desperate to sell bags lol. Almost every shot with a bag....shoulder bag or clutch. My fav one is the Feifei in purple dress, like a movie shot.
From the book "Fashion Babylon", bags are basically a way to print money. One size fits for all.

they're going for evocative but every picture is drab, considering the budget for such a shoot too it's baffling. all the ingredients are there.
i don't like it. these don't read Tom Ford at all to me.

I agree but I’m the opposite, I like them. They’re a welcome change even if not entirely successful. I think the clothing needs a bit more spark for it to work. But I enjoy it, and I can’t remember the last campaign I like when Tom ford was actually at the helm.

This at least doesn’t look cheap.

It's a little bit too much. I love the creativity, but they didn't have to produce every single idea. They put all their eggs in one basket and now everything that comes after this will never be able to compare, or will be a rehash of this campaign. I know it sounds like an odd critique, but less really is more.

Personally, I think this is very nice. Finally something peaks my interest at Tom Ford. Especially when thinking about most people I know who buy their beauty items but never buy their fashion products. I feel like this is how they would imagine the Tom Ford fashion world would be. It's a great branding.

This was under the creative direction of Peter Hawkins right?

A truly gorgeous campaign offering! Another smash hit of a Tom Ford campaign from Robin Galiegue, love this just as much as last season in Rio. I love the atmospheric and cinematic vibe, it's dramatic and glamorous. What's not to love? That black and white shot of Rianne in front of the Oriental Pearl Tower is FABULOUS!

I love the campaign—definitely one of the better ones I've seen in the past year or so. The casting was great, and everyone delivered.

I’m not sure why this campaign is getting a lot of negative feedback here. In an age where most ads look like lookbooks, I’ll take this any day. No complaints from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onceler
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->