Tom Ford Hate

Originally posted by craig roy jones@Jun 11th, 2003 - 12:36 am
Architecture! Hmm, makes me wonder if he still partakes now and again. That new building being erected in London...they call it the 'glass gherkin'. :P
:rofl: :innocent:

Can't be doing with the man.......but the dog is really cute!

tom ford is a sexy beast

gucci shoes give me juice

gucci against my skin makes me irresistable

the most orgasmic brand Ive ever worn

Why is it that when someone gets super famous people want to see him fall? I really don't understand you guys. :angry:

The day Tom Ford leaves Gucci it will be the brand's downfall. Tom and Gucci are like one in people's mind...I can't imagine someone taking over the designer seat. And I don't think somebody would dare doing it, it's far to risky career-wise.
I see more possibilities for YSL for getting a new designer, even if I prefer Tom's work at YSL(far more distinguished) than at Gucci since a few seasons. Let's be honest OK the great Yves is one of the most tallented designers of the 20th century, but since the '80's he like abandoned his RTW (Loulou de la Falaise had to do all the work). But he was still the master of Haute Couture. It's a pitty the couture had to close, but all in all the arrival of Tom Ford was for the best. YSL is now as hot as in the '70's again.

I agree that Gucci needs a more classy image, the custumers are getting a bit "nouveaux riches". But I think Tom Ford is going in a new direction with the custom collections of suits, shoes and accessories. Also Gucci eau de parfum and the soon to be launched Gucci pour homme are supporting the image change.

Plus Tom is the most beautiful Gay man alive :blush:

Originally posted by cedriceccentric@Jul 11th, 2003 - 11:40 am
Why is it that when someone gets super famous people want to see him fall? I really don't understand you guys. :angry:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
whatever. wanting tom to "fall" because he made it? please. :huh: tom isnt as exciting as he used to be. when he first took over gucci he DID give it the re-vamp that the house needed. he makes sexy clothes and has a clientel. its just the bad taste that is really making gucci boring. the interlocking g gucci logo crotch, for example, is just not very innovative in my eyes and is hardly genius. tom ford worked hard to be where he is and of course i see that :rolleyes: first of all an american designing for a huge italian house is of course HUGE. but he is getting SO STALE. POOH. of course everyone cant be yohji,mc queen,lagerfeld, etc but tom is all but boring compared to many newcomers! his talents are in question-every artist should be tested, and im sick of the boring "sexy" consistancy of the gucci lifestyle/ image. :innocent:

LolitaLuxe,
I agree with everything you said, it's just that I really don't want him to dessapear lol :blush:
As many American designers he is more of a marketing/manager than a designer, his collections are highly commercial. But Tom Ford never talks about his clothes like the are art or something, he knows very well he is not Rei Kawakubo. He speaks about them like an actor who made a big commercial Hollywood movie, he wants you to see it.$$$$$
I'm becoming blasé of the sexy ads too .
Like I said Gucci is repositioning the brand's image, they want to become like a sexy-Hermès rather than the new Versace. Quality will improve and prices will rise. But it all has to wait till the economy get's better. In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.

Guess that mega-brands are just not your cup of tea... :wink:

In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.

.. i thought Lo meant the G-bikini wax on the carmen/adam campaigns...

Originally posted by cedriceccentric@Jul 11th, 2003 - 2:44 pm
As many American designers he is more of a marketing/manager than a designer, his collections are highly commercial. But Tom Ford never talks about his clothes like the are art or something, he knows very well he is not Rei Kawakubo. He speaks about them like an actor who made a big commercial Hollywood movie, he wants you to see it.$$$$$
I completely agree. :wink:

What I don't get are the people who wear Gucci or YSL and then complain about him. :rolleyes: I think Tom is rather genius, not original or innovative, but he's an excellent businessman. To each their own. :flower:

Originally posted by lee@Jul 12th, 2003 - 11:55 am
In the meanwhile logo canvas will have to do,because it's the only thing that sells right now.

.. i thought Lo meant the G-bikini wax on the carmen/adam campaigns...
i did :kiss:

Originally posted by Astrid21@Jul 12th, 2003 - 8:08 pm
I think Tom is rather genius, not original or innovative, but he's an excellent businessman. To each their own. :flower:
:wink: He is ...that is a part of his succes.I think he did a great revamp at Gucci & Ysl and I love most of the collections,the quality is impeccable :o and although it may not be innovative,the collections just work.
It's fine,as long as they away stay of becoming Cavalli trash :rolleyes: :cry: :yuk:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Jul 11th, 2003 - 10:04 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Jul 11th, 2003 - 10:04 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-cedriceccentric@Jul 11th, 2003 - 11:40 am

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
whatever. wanting tom to "fall" because he made it? please. :huh: tom isnt as exciting as he used to be. when he first took over gucci he DID give it the re-vamp that the house needed. he makes sexy clothes and has a clientel. its just the bad taste that is really making gucci boring. the interlocking g gucci logo crotch, for example, is just not very innovative in my eyes and is hardly genius. tom ford worked hard to be where he is and of course i see that :rolleyes: first of all an american designing for a huge italian house is of course HUGE. but he is getting SO STALE. POOH. of course everyone cant be yohji,mc queen,lagerfeld, etc but tom is all but boring compared to many newcomers! his talents are in question-every artist should be tested, and im sick of the boring "sexy" consistancy of the gucci lifestyle/ image. :innocent: [/b][/quote]
:shock: lolita you said it sooooo well, i second on Ford being the golden hen for Gucci, but hey.. get a look at those gucci group shares, they talk by themselves.

Ford -like others in 'creative direction' chairs- are loosing the game. Antics and sex mandras are getting boring after all these years. They bored Gucci clients, they turned away most old time YSL clients and showed -in figures- that the golden 'creative director' might not be shining as much as gold -in shares.
Regarding his 'design' abilities, pray remember Tom -like other megabrands 'artistic directors' only supervises a big fat design team, so, basically he does not design anything much -apart maybe those very first, amazingly focused TF for Gucci collections.
Through his first three amazingly strong Gucci collections, Ford gave us a very good and useful lesson on the power of stylistic focusing, unfortunately, he got carried away and lost his touch, he even lost his focus.
His last fall collection for Gucci, is quite a good one, one of his best in years, but for ysl i think he's obviously losing the game.

Tom Ford and his Gucci sidekick are out of the group by January 04, its a part of the take over of the Group by a french multimillionaire and huge rival of Mr.Arnault of the LVMH group. Latest rumours want Ford and De Sol at Versace, time will tell - since Donatella gives the green card to mr business but does not want to share the flash with Mr. sex pot :lol:

Lena,
Would De Sole go only to Versace or to Valentino too? Because they are from the same group, no?

the only name around is Versace at this moment, valentino got sold recently, not sure where to though, not sure if it is Versace Cedric :unsure:

stock exchange money deals and personal rivalry , thats all acid

Zandra rhodes told me that fashion has changed these days and that no matter how hard you try, you always end up having to sell part of your soul to make things work....

she did some kinda collaboration with topshop which she loathed, but it was the only way she could make the profits for her museum

Originally posted by Acid@Jul 13th, 2003 - 1:14 pm
Zandra rhodes told me that fashion has changed these days and that no matter how hard you try, you always end up having to sell part of your soul to make things work....

shes right acid, but still it's a personal thing, some designers prefer to keep low key in order to keep 'part of their soul' for themselves, sometimes, one cannot have it all

i personally have nothing against tom ford in terms of gucci/ysl but isn't my cup of tea. the only thing that bugs me in particular is his out-of-the-loop comments he has made towards independent designers saying it doesn't work. which makes me question his blatant ignorance towards the rest of fashion that isn't part of some conglomerate. has he never seen or heard the names Demeulemeester,Van Noten,Margiela(up until now that he's been bought partially by Diesel)and the like whom have made quite significant names for themselves and happen to be independent?

The only thing good taht ever came from a tom ford/ gucci are sungalsses. B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->