Tom Ford : Life after Gucci (November 2004 - March 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where to find the Oprah episode online? I didn't even hear about it until a few days afterward.

Oh, and the womenswear news = :buzz:

27 August :magic:

thanks, he's a virgo...interesting.

is there a thread somewhere in this forum that lists designers' birthdays/horoscopes?

want to see if the traditional view about horoscopes are correct
ex, virgo=beauty, leo=fiery, etc

anyway, mr.ford looked dashing at the oscars. like his white flower brocade/pin, separated him from the rest of the dark boring tux guys

thanks, he's a virgo...interesting.

is there a thread somewhere in this forum that lists designers' birthdays/horoscopes?

want to see if the traditional view about horoscopes are correct
ex, virgo=beauty, leo=fiery, etc

anyway, mr.ford looked dashing at the oscars. like his white flower brocade/pin, separated him from the rest of the dark boring tux guys

Hummm ... that would be an interesting thread . You should start it ! I've always wondered if the horoscopes had something to do with their design aesthetics .

TOM FORD may be reluctant to comment, but sources within the industry claim that the designer is slowly building his womenswear team in anticipation for the launch that he himself has asserted is a matter of "when, not if". Caroline Tixier, a women's ready-to-wear designer at Givenchy, and Pablo Coppola, an accessories designer at Alexander McQueen, have both been recruited, WWD reports, and the launch looks likely to be in for autumn 2011.
"Financing is extremely expensive right now, so if we find financing in the right situation we'll be able to start [a women's collection] soon. If we don't, we may have to wait a while," the former Gucci and YSL helmer said last year when asked about the launch. "You know it will take me 18 months when I start, because [I have] to hire the team, find the factories, put everything together and then get the stores ready so there's a place for these clothes."
It seems that plan is already in motion - and we may see Tom Ford womenswear designs next year.
vogue.co.uk

Tom Ford Has Designs . . . For Lipstick

x69gl.jpg

If you thought Tom Ford would stop his foray into beauty products with his high-end fragrances, you've got another think coming, lady.
Fresh from the success of his film A Single Man, the former Gucci designer is launching a line of lipstick. The Private Blend Lip Color collection will be, in Tom's words, his interpretation of 12 classic colours. "I took the most universally flattering colours that a woman can wear, and then I reimagined them in a modern and authoritative way," he told WWD.
They'll launch in Europe in April and then Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bergdorf Goodman will carry Tom Ford lipstick when it launches Stateside on June 1. No word yet on whether we'll see it on Australian shores so it'll be online shopping or a trip to Paris (either, either) for us.
Each shade will come in a chic ivory and gold case and the formula contains moisturising murumuru butter and soja seed. Excited? Looking forward to having a piece of this luxury on your lips?

- BELLASUGAR.COM.AU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->