Yves Saint Laurent On Tom Ford

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ebowleg, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

http://www.dior-finance.com/droite.htm

Dior's couture makes up 4% of it's profits, the same as their watches and jewlery. It doesn't seem to be doing too bad, it's actually gotten better in the past few years.

2. manolocraver

manolocraver New Member

I agree with Msr. St. Laurent, there's too much theater in Dior collection and I don't think people want to be dressed as clowns all the time :wink:

3. taz

taz MUSE

I guess Pilati has fixed it up at YSL..
    I mean his designs respects Yves's archive & true to the label in some sort yet it is saleable & keeps the house surviving..
    even if Yves hasn't spoke yet about Stefano but by seeing Pierre Berge & Catherine Deuneuve at his front row .. you can tell he is a bit satisfied.

but sometimes i feel i need to see more from TOM FORD for YSL, he get the right formula for YSL quite late in his last debut for the brand with the chinories collection..
    i still miss his bold & sleek accseories,styling , his runway setting & presentation.. but not really his clothing.

even if Tom has damaged YSL culture..on the other hand he has strengthen YSL finance.

4. monsieur_a

monsieur_a Member

i read somewhere that tom ford himself thinks he is not a good designer.. but all his success is because of his extra hard work.

5. iyemstoopid

iyemstoopid New Member

i believe that. at least hes honest!