Tom Ford 'Ocean Plastic' Timepiece 2020 : Leila Goldkuhl

I like the concept for this collection (even if it's the standard industry greenwashing) but it should have committed 110% to a provocative Tom Ford for Helmut Newton / Vogue Italia SEX SELLS political image. This looks so sad, unmemorable and undesirable.

I like the concept for this collection (even if it's the standard industry greenwashing) but it should have committed 110% to a provocative Tom Ford for Helmut Newton / Vogue Italia SEX SELLS political image. This looks so sad, unmemorable and undesirable.
Tom should work with Meisel again. I’m sure he would have elevated the whole concept.

Tom should work with Meisel again. I’m sure he would have elevated the whole concept.
Naturally I would agree but lately most of Steven Meisel's work has focused more on romantic glamour and I feel he sells better when it's edgier, sexy glamour. I only think of Mert & Marcus achieving this at the moment.

Txema Yeste, Purienne, or Carlijn Jacobs would shake things up a bit too for a change.

How rude of Tom to book Leila only to put her in something that looks straight out ANTM :lol:

And ANTM did a recyclable waste-inspired photoshoot on cycle 9. Maybe Tom was also a closeted fan? Lol

I don’t understand the objective of this campaign at all. If he wants to make recyclable chic, this is way too on the nose, borderline parodistic even. Can Tom go back to making more movies though? I found his directorial career more exciting these days than his fashion offering.

How rude of Tom to book Leila only to put her in something that looks straight out ANTM :lol:

Ever since Terry’s been banished from fashiondom, Tom’s campaigns— whether shot by him or someone like Steven Klein for his mainline or fragrance, has been very ANTM. At this point, ANTM-level of cheap aesthetic is expected from any Tom Ford campaign :sigh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->