Tom Ford S/S 2024 by Robin Galiegue

My biggest fear are heights, but what a fabulous shot! Now I get wich was Klein's inspo in his days at L'Uomo. Very Newton indeed.

My bad. Didn't read the title twice. I thought it was made by Steve Klein. Amazing photographs by Robin.

The helicopter shot is giving too much Michael Kors rather than Helmut Newton. It’s always great to see such a strong cinematic production that’s worthy of the best of Tom’s Gucci. But the fashions were always the stars of the campaigns back then— no matter how great of a production the campaign had, or how supreme the cast were. Here, the star of this campaign is Rio, not the cast, and definitely not the fashions.

Should have been a solo campaign for Angelina. She carries the whole thing. Her helicopter and pool floatie shots are the two strongest images of the whole thing and the certainly the most evocative. The coloring and lighting is so dark and moody, that she brings the necessary sizzle needed to make the campaign hot instead of sad.

A sole, single white model heading a campaign is never allowed in 2024. …You know this.

What annoys is not so much the required headcount— but that this cast isn’t the least convincing that these individuals would ever hang IRL. Since he's referencing Tom's Gucci so strongly rather than Tom Ford, he really should know that with Tom’s Gucci castings, the models always were convincing that they would not only hang, but that it’s believable that they are even in a relationship, and that was what sold his Gucci world. IRL— and more so in fashion life, it’s so fiercely tribal, so clannish in how similar groups' aesthetics are. This cast isn’t convincing, especially the males, with the blond boy resembling that kid in Let The Right One In, like a little brother that’s tagging along with his cooler older sis. Where are the men…???

I really liked this campaign. The concept of the models cruising around Rio feels really on-brand for Tom Ford's jetsetter aesthetic. The wide angles Galiegue used made each image look like a shot from a film, which is a nice nod to Tom's director career. The accompanying film was really strong too.

I do wish that they took advantage of the more colourful looks in the collection, which would've complemented the tropical Rio setting. Maybe Galiegue could've a used a day/night concept with different parts of the collection.

I agree that this should've that this should've been a solo campaign for Angelina. She really exuded the needed glamour to balance out of overall dramatic moodiness of the campaign. I can't really think of an active male model who would be charismatic enough to accompany her, maybe Kit Butler.

Last edited:
I really liked this campaign. The concept of the models cruising around Rio feels really on-brand for Tom Ford's jetsetter aesthetic. The wide angles Galiegue used made each image look like a shot from a film, which is a nice nod to Tom's director career. The accompanying film was really strong too.

I do wish that they took advantage of the more colourful looks in the collection, which would've complemented the tropical Rio setting. Maybe Galiegue could've a used a day/night concept with different parts of the collection.

I agree that this should've that this should've been a solo campaign for Angelina. She really exuded the needed glamour to balance out of overall dramatic moodiness of the campaign. I can't really think of an active male model who would be charismatic enough to accompany her, maybe Kit Butler.
..or Parker van Noord

Stunning campaign. Hawkings and Galiegue are building a nice visual identity together. I do wish that Galiegue would be slightly less harsh on his use of filters, the coloring of some shots feel very 2000s crime movie/tv show - but maybe that's what they were going for. He's a talented photographer, when given the proper resources, so I don't think he needs to compensate as much by the constant use of the desaturated blue hues colors to standout. The Angelina in the pool and the helicopter shots are some of the best fashion images I've seen in a while.

Angelina and Ida are the perfect models for Tom Ford, I'm glad Hawkings has a bias towards them. Overall, I'm liking Hawkings's direction for the brand towards the more sleek visuals that Tom Ford had in the 90s and early 00's. It has become less Studio 54, more Agent 007.

Stunning campaign. Hawkings and Galiegue are building a nice visual identity together. I do wish that Galiegue would be slightly less harsh on his use of filters, the coloring of some shots feel very 2000s crime movie/tv show - but maybe that's what they were going for. He's a talented photographer, when given the proper resources, so I don't think he needs to compensate as much by the constant use of the desaturated blue hues colors to standout. The Angelina in the pool and the helicopter shots are some of the best fashion images I've seen in a while.

Angelina and Ida are the perfect models for Tom Ford, I'm glad Hawkings has a bias towards them. Overall, I'm liking Hawkings's direction for the brand towards the more sleek visuals that Tom Ford had in the 90s and early 00's. It has become less Studio 54, more Agent 007.
Now we need the clothes to match the campaigns!

I welcome anything that signals a return to interesting ad campaigns - but at the moment, images like this (and the current YSL) have all the glamorous possession of a child clopping along in their mother's high heels. It's a cute thing to see, but a long way from being convincing.

It feels like a cross between Michael Kors and YSL, and I ironically mean that as a compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->