Tom Ford's Heirs

from fwd....
they had outside advice...consultants...maybe they are not so naive as tf would have us think...

Gucci, YSL CEOs Discuss Decisions
Highlights of the PPR conference call

Friday, March 12, 2004

PPR chairman Serge Weinberg, YSL CEO Mark Lee, and Gucci CEO Giacomo Santucci answered questions from media and financial analysts during a conference call yesterday.  The highlights:

On selecting the new Gucci and YSL designers:
-PPR chairman Serge Weinberg strongly emphasized that no external candidateswere approached. "We searched not for big names, but for talent. We are surethey will receive the critical acclaim their talents merit." 
-As for having spoken to Alexander McQueen about designing YSL, Weinberg didconfirm that there had been talks, saying, "We have been looking at differentpossibilities in theory, but [Stefano Pilati] was really our best choice."

On the new Gucci team:
-PPR chairman Serge Weinberg said he, YSL CEO Mark Lee, and Gucci CEO Giacomo Santucci worked as a team to make their selections but did haveexternal advisors.

-Weinberg commented that newly appointed designers Alessandra Facchinetti, John Ray, and Frida Giannini share one brand vision but three different personalities.

-Gucci CEO Giacomo Santucci clarified Facchinetti will define the Gucci woman, Ray will define the Gucci man, and Giannini will support both Facchinetti and Ray while assuming full responsibility for the accessories line.

-On the potential risk of having three designers at the helm, Gucci CEO GiacomoSantucci commented, "We don't see any risk. We only see the opportunity movingforward."

-Will there ever be a sole creative director at Gucci? "Because of the intensity and focus needed in each category, we are perfectly satisfied in presenting these fashion talents to the fashion world," Weinberg said.

On Stefano Pilati:
-In an official statement released by YSL, Pilati's first official show will be in Paris this October for the spring/summer 2005 women's ready-to-wear collection. As for the men's and cruise collections this June, YSL CEO Mark Lee said that those would be Pilati's first solo efforts.

-"YSL needed a strong creative director to build the brand image and business and fulfill its potential and remain the #2 star brand at Gucci Group," Weinberg said.

On current Gucci Group CEO Domenico De Sole:
-An announcement of his replacement will be made at the end of March prior to his final day of April 1.

-PPR chairman Serge Weinberg said they have been in advanced talks withseveral strong candidates, but declined to discuss any details.

On the recent "No one talks about Miuccia Prada" comment made by Weinberg:
-Weinberg indicated it was a misunderstanding. He justified his comment,explaining that people credit Prada as Prada, unlike how Gucci and YSL were both credited "Tom Ford for..." "I'm certainly ignorant about fashion and luxury, but not to the extent of not knowing who Miuccia Prada is."

On retaining designers:
-Weinberg said that as far as he knew, slavery had been abolished. "We can'tforce them to do anything against their will, but contractually, we have done everything we can."

-No details were given on whether special clauses were built into any of thefoursome's contracts, or whether stock options were offered.

-"We're not going to discuss the details of any contract situation. We consider that confidential," Mark Lee said.

Gucci Group will announce their latest brand revenue figures in three weeks.
JIM SHI

Only time will tell if this strategy will ever work out for both Gucci and YSL. I just don't think three people handling one label is a good idea.

From fashionweekdaily.com :heart:
Who IS Stefano Pilati???
The scoop on YSL's new man

Thursday, March 11, 2004
We knew it all along. Gucci Group has officially announced Stefano Pilati, second in command at YSL, will replace Tom Ford as YSL’s top designer. While PPR held a press conference this morning, The Daily already had the real story since February 8th. Here’s what you’re curious to know about Pilati:

Nationality: Italian, although his fair complexion reads more Nordic than Mediterranean

How to spot him: Blond hair, slight beard, tall

Past gigs: Miu Miu and Prada (where he oversaw all fabrics and colors), Armani

Past life: Big-time party guy in Milano. He’s calmer and more stable now.

Personal style: Incredibly elegant, always in chic cashmere overcoats

Personality: “Squisito” (exquisite), kind, perfectly behaved, very likeable

Current home: Paris

Companion: No steady beau at the moment, but he’s never without his dog

Tom Ford Love Scale: Sources say they share a very close relationship and that Ford is a big fan. Ford is said to have given Pilati tips on PPR negotiating skills. Spotted frequently together at private dinners in Paris.

from what i've already read about him, he seems quite an interesting person to me, quite non comformist and a style chameleon (which i adore)

from his photo, i find him less arrogant than i would expect, he has a style of his own :P

thanks for posting this igni :flower:

ps: excuses for merging but since there is already a topic on Tom's heirs ... i think we had to keep this solid :ninja:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Mar 13th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
Am I the only one who finds him cute? :ninja:
erhh i find him very cute myself :blush:

Have any of you heard anything of these four? They've worked for Fendi, Burberry, and Prada but I've never heard of them.

ÉVÉNEMENT
Gucci choisit la fin du star-system
Quatre stylistes issus de Gucci Group succèdent à Tom Ford chez Gucci et Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche.

Article

i merged your topic celineChic, here you will find all info (plus photos) of Tom's heirs :wink:

welcome to tFS :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->