Tomorrow When The War Began

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by Belowen, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

They are finally starting to advertise this film, and I am so excited... This will probably only interest the fellow Aussies who read this amazing book in high school. Most of my friends were obsessed with John Marsden's 'tomorrow' series, and I was too.

Basically the concept is that a group of Australian teenagers 'go bush' for a week, and come back to discover that the country is being invaded, and they have to fend for themselves.

It looks pretty good from what I can see in the trailer, seems pretty true to the original story. I am interested to see how they tackle the issue of who the invading country is. From what I can remember of the books, it was never specified where they were from, and they spoke a language none of the kids could understand.

2. Label Basher

Label Basher Active Member

OMG I didn't know they were making this into a movie. AWESOME.
    I had to read the books in English class at school.
    I hope if this one does well at the box office they make the others.
    I know there is seven in total but it would be great.
    The casting looks pretty spot on too.

3. nothingless

nothingless V.I.P.

OMG!! I read these books as a teenager and LOVED them - absolutely devoured them. I had no idea it has been made into a movie either, can't wait to see it! It looks pretty good from the preview - now I wanna reread the whole series lol!

Thanks for posting, seriously. :D

4. Squizree

Squizree Looking Up

Yeah we read the first part in school. But I never the rest of them because I kinda "grew up". But I'm happy to see it being made into a movie, it's a very visual story. What were their names? I remember Homer, Cori and Fay??

5. nothingless

nothingless V.I.P.

6. Squizree

Squizree Looking Up

I remember now! ^_^ Thanks!

7. diorelle

diorelle New Member

I loved these books in middle school! They were so exciting! The movie looks good too! I always hoped they would make it into a movie but I figured it wasn't well known enough, stateside anyways.