The Day After Tomorrow

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Note: If you did not see the film you can still read below 'cause I won't spoil it.

What I did not like from this film was its cliches and the predictablity of it. Like the start :rolleyes: and the part when they were on top of the mall. They apparently got that from that Chris O'Donnel moutain-climbing movie, I believe that name is Vertical Limit.

What I liked was its overall message. Which was about nature being continually being abused.

Cliches aside the film was still pretty engrossing.

So overall, for a summer movie (which we all know aren't that good; don't expect Oscar-contenders during the summer time), it's quite good.

cool, i was skeptical about the film, thanks for your review.

i just wanna see it because Jake Gyllenhaal is there :P :woot:

Um, I was waiting for other reviews not only mine. :innocent:

I also want to add: the part when the girl tries to warm Jake they got that from the Val Kilmer movie The Saint.

the whole idea of the film thrilled me so much!! I am so interested in the end of the world things!!!! i saw it and cliches really were pathetic hahahaaha but other wise...i just loved the idea of it!

I like that this film stressed the importance of preserving the environment....but that movie was one of the most scientifically absurd movies I have ever seen. I just sat their the whole time thinking, "that could NEVER happen". And you're right, it was predictable and full of cliches.

Oh and if we do ever go into another ice age, good luck surviving it by camping out in a library.

morgan38 said:
Oh and if we do ever go into another ice age, good luck surviving it by camping out in a library.

:rofl: :buzz: :clap: True that....it's like that move "Dawn of the Dead" which was shot not too far from me at an abandoned mall in the suburbs of Toronto. There's killer zombies out to get you...hide in a mall where you have no way out:rolleyes:

on a side note....Jake Gyllenhall is so cute........

:sick: Ewww... :sick: :ninja: If I had to rate it, I would give 3/10. :innocent:

softgrey said:
:o :wacko: ...don't get me started... :shock:

Agreed, I thought this film was terrible (no offence guys) I wanted to poke my own eyes out whilst watching it (not really, just been dramatic). If it hadn't been for JAke, I would of sat through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->