Toni Garrn

the next pictures look surprsingly good, love how she's all smiles there.
max mara looks gorgeous, too, especially the pics with her mouth shut. :innocent:

Don't you find it interesting that mainstream but not high fashion brands use more conventionally good looking models like H&M, Next, Zara, etc? I always love the casting of those brands, there is no artsy crap but just downright gorgeous pictures and Toni is downright gorgeous :heart:

"artsy crap" is what makes those pictures interesting, strong and nice to look at. VS, H&M, Zara are just boring, both the clothes and the pictures. i'm really not a fan of boring photography and kind of hate the cheap vs or h&m shoots of the girls.
You could compare it to plain product photography, of a beer bottle or a screw. Nothing creative about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love her in the H&M swimwear shots, so fresh & fun!! Thanks, AnnaM94!

Unfortunately Toni seems better suited for this type of commercial work then high fashion work these days, she's lost her spark.

I don't think that she lost her spark.. I think companies and photographers looking for something on her that usually doesn't to please everybody. She doesn't choose the issues, sooo =B

I thought she would become a main girl of victoria's secret when they announced she as an officially angel.

She should be an angel oh well, VS likes what they like & she did close the show
Posted via Mobile Device

she was never officially named an angel though. vs referred to her as an angel in a tweet but took it back the next day.

she is number 3 in fashionista.com's "Vogue Top Model for 2012" after karlie and arizona.
the text says:

Speaking of meteoric rises… Despite the fact that Toni has been in the modeling game for about five years now, she has barely registered a blip on the Vogue radar, at least until now. And what a way to debut! Toni owes her success to significant appearances in Vogue Italia, Japan, Paris, Spain and her native Germany.

it never crossed my mind that her success in vogue only started in 2012. i don't think she 'has barely registered a blip on the vogue radar', but it's true that 2012 has been full of appearances in different vogue editions. and the ranking seems to be based on each girl's number of pages, number of different editions and probably covers (don't know for sure), so it's not just out of the blue, even though toni owes her rank to vogue spain and germany for sure.
hope she will be ranked even higher in 2013! :heart:

"artsy crap" is what makes those pictures interesting, strong and nice to look at. VS, H&M, Zara are just boring, both the clothes and the pictures. i'm really not a fan of boring photography and kind of hate the cheap vs or h&m shoots of the girls.
You could compare it to plain product photography, of a beer bottle or a screw. Nothing creative about it.

The definition of 'boring' is not universal. Not everyone likes to scrutinize every aspect of a picture. I don't think a person walking on the street cares about the lighting, the brand, the photographer who shot it, they just see a picture and I'm sure the conventionally appealing H&M and Zara shots capture more attention than some high end brands.

Why did they do that?

i don't know.
toni did the dream angels bra campaign with erin and lindsay. when vs first announced this, they called her a 'new angel'

Hey, NYC! @ErinHeatherton, @LindzEllingson + new Angel @RealToniGarrn will be at SoHo VS on 4/17, 6-8PM! Who's going?
twitter vs

then a day or so later they just called her a 'new face' and took the above tweet off their twitter page:

Want the scoop on new face @RealToniGarrn? Check it out: http://www.modelinia.com/blog/is-ton...et-angel/36093

a few days later, models.com tweeted:
"Toni is the star of the latest @VictoriasSecret ads, not yet an angel - can we petition for Toni to get her wings? #WeLoveToni"

according to the vs thread here on tfs, something similar happened when erin, lindsay and candice were announced angels. they called them angels first, then took down the post again. i don't know if they think they can raise more attention (i.e. gossip) by doing this or if it was really just a mistake by the person who is responsible for vs' twitter account in toni's case.
she's clearly not all over the place as erin or candice were when they became angels. the only big vs deal she had was the dream angels bra where she was on big billboards and appeared in a tv spot. since then, she did solid catalogue work and closed the vs show - which is pretty major again I think.
i'm really curious to see where this is going.

^ Thanks for the information sore :flower: VS is really fickle and all about the hype and ratings. Personally, I believe Toni deserves to be an angel more than most of the new angels but le sigh :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboyblesk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->