Toni Garrn

Now with The Society

ytmVcRQ.jpg
9Qces5h.jpg

vSIbYnZ.jpg
D2GzwHX.jpg

thesocietymanagement

I'm actually very excited about her switching agencies. I didn't think Women was doing a very good job with her. I would love for her career to become a little bit more high fashion again. Those polas are gorgeous.

I'm surprised, too, didn't see that coming. I thought she wanted to go down the commercial road and do the kind of jobs she has been doing for the last couple of years. Maybe not, and this would make me incredibly happy. There might have been other reasons, though. Interesting.

Harper's Bazaar Brazil April 2015: Toni Garrn in "Dry Cut" By David Roemer

Fashion Editor: Katie Burnett
Hair: Roberto di Cuia at L'Atelier
Make-up: Georgi Sandev at Streeters

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

^ I like the styling!
I wonder if she shot something else with Roberto di Cuia (hair stylist) and possibly David Roemer though, she posted pics with pink hair and they definitely don't belong to this shoot.

Opening of Aman Toyko Hotel two weeks ago

11055716_637741076369244_428704887_n.jpg
11055569_807984339290833_1422953732_n.jpg

instagram/tonigarrn

H&M LIFE TOP MODEL SECRETS - TONI GARRN

She was only 13 when a scout approached her during a world cup football match. At 22, Toni Garrn has several fragrance contracts, walks Victoria’s Secret shows –and works for a better world.

Antonia Garrn – called Toni – is an international supermodel known for her long blonde hair, icy blue eyes and perfect complexion. But there is more to the young German than looks, and she has other passions than posing for the camera.

Toni is using her position in the fashion industry to make the world a better place by being an ambassador for Plan International's educational project “Because I am a girl”, in Burkina Faso in Africa. Her work for the organization includes designing jeans for the label Closed and hosting a high-fashion closet sale – with profits going to the project. The combination of her successful career and charitable work has earned her the epithet model citizen.

In 2016 Toni has been in the industry for ten years. And the 22-year-old isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. And why should she?

Her resume includes work with photographers Mario Testino, Peter Lindbergh and Steven Meisel, she’s been on the cover of at least seven (!) different Vogue editions, has fragrance contracts with Versace and Cartier, and is a Victoria’s Secret model. The list of top campaigns and magazine covers can be made longer. Much longer.

During a shoot, the tall German beauty took time to fill out H&M Life’s questionnaire.

THE MUSIC THAT ALWAYS GETS ME GOING AT A SHOOT IS…
“Missy Elliot with 4 My People.”

MY CREATIVE OUTLET IS…
“Music.”

FOR A QUICK HAIR FIX, I…
“Put it in a bun.”

MY FAVOURITE OFF-DUTY LOOK IS…
“Anything but tight jeans.”

THE BEST BEAUTY TIP I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
“Curl your eyelashes.”

MY FAVOURITE RESTAURANT IS…
“A good sushi place anywhere.”

FOR BREAKFAST, I ALWAYS HAVE…
“A lot of coffee.”

FOR A LONG FLIGHT, I ALWAYS PACK…
“Gum, my credit card and my phone. That’s it, and usually no bag.”

WHEN I HAVE SOME FREE TIME, I…
“Pretend to meditate.”

THE BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED IS…
“Relax, it’s not brain surgery.”

MY FAVOURITE THING TO SHOP WHEN I AM AWAY IS…
“Groceries.”

BEING A MODEL, I’VE LEARNT…
“That you meet everyone twice in life so be nice.”

POST-MODELLING, I WOULD LIKE TO…
“Have dogs and live out of a closet.”

MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS…
“Sex And The City.”

RIGHT NOW, I AM READING…
“The Life by Keith Richards.”

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS…
“To have lots of kids.”
hm

Interview with German magazine Gala about her workout routine
My translation

How often do you exercise?
I try to work out daily. Unfortunately, it's not always possible, because I spend a lot of time in planes. When I'm at home, in NYC or in Hamburg, I do a lot of different sports and try to do new things. When I'm traveling a lot, the gym is the only option.

What's your favorite workout?
At the moment I love Barre classes, a mixture between cardio and ballet. I also love the Megaformer, I special workout machine.

Your favorite exercise when at home?
I like planking, your whole body is tight. And you even can do mails on the cell phone while doing it.

What do you eat before your workout and afterwards?
Before I go to the gym in the morning, I often only have a coffee. Afterwards I have a big breakfast with eggs, smoothies and cold pressed juices. And I eat a lot of almonds - all day long.

Photography by ALIQUE
Styled by Maher Jridi
Make up by Sir John (Streeters New York)
Hair by Rita Marmor (Streeters New York)
Interview by Irene Ojo-Felix
Creative Direction by Stephan Moskovic

Models.com’s ICONS:
Toni Garrn
Top model Toni Garrn has accomplished much in her stellar career. With work with some of the biggest fashion and beauty brands like Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss, Tommy Hilfiger, L’Oreal, & Victoria’s Secret, she has been able to solidify many industry accomplishments, all before the tender age of 22. But her latest venture has nothing to do with fitting into a sample size frock or doing her best back-bending pose — it’s about saving the world, one jean at a time.

The model has teamed up as an ambassador with Plan International and their committed efforts towards educating girls throughout the World, specifically the recently tormented, Burkina Faso. We caught up with Toni to hear about her personal connection to the “Because I Am A Girl” project, more about the fundraiser campaign she’s done with Closed, and exactly what good the purchase of vintage designer trade can go towards.

So Toni, when were you first discovered?
I got discovered at the World Cup when I was 13. At that time, I didn’t really know about modeling at all and had no idea what “Vogue” was. I got thrown into this and was very, very lucky. At the same time, I finished high school because I had a great support system at home — my parents made sure I kept going, my teachers were amazing, and my brother was very smart and always pushed me. Education was important to us.

You mentioned that you had the opportunity of finishing your A levels and school. How does that translate into the charity work that you’re now doing with the “Because I am a Girl” campaign?

Education is a simple human right and I think everybody should have access to it. I saw more and more of these countries where most of the girls couldn’t go to school because they had to take care of their family. They think that it’s normal to have a bunch of kids when they’re 14. With just a few more years of education they can learn that there is so much more.

How did you get involved? Why did you choose the campaign as your first charity?
My brother used to live in Capetown and just seeing what was going on in the real world compared to my “fashion” world, I really felt like they were big opposites. The more I modeled, the more you have free time as well because once I finished high school then I started working only twice a week and not everyday. I started getting enough money from modeling that I began sponsoring two children through the organization, Plan International. I would get updates about when they moved and the like. As I got older, I stayed with that charity because I felt like they did a good job and I reached out to them in the hopes of doing more than just sponsoring children.

So tell me more about the “Because I am a Girl” campaign? Where do proceeds go? How have you raised money for the charity?

This project partners German clothing brand, Closed, with Plan International and is focused on contributing proceeds from sales in order to provide an increase in the proportion of female teachers at schools in Burkina Faso. I designed jeans and t-shirts with them with proceeds going towards the “Because I Am A Girl” campaign. It’s a three-year scholarship and they needed about 600 women to become teachers to help educate the youth population. We started selling the pieces last September and now we’re at 588 teachers being educated. The women are between 20-25 years old. The site is a great way for consumers throughout the World to contribute to a great cause.

I also had a flea market during fashion week. I asked if the campaign budget was full and their response was there was still more to be done. I’ve been collecting clothes and accessories since I was 14 a lot of it was trade that I got from fashion shows and I put away. I had several suitcases at some point. I just thought I can’t give this away, there has to be a way to make this bigger and get money to help from it. I emailed every model friend I had and I got so much stuff. Kasia Struss, Arlenis Sosa, Karlie, Constance, Rianne Tenhaken, Sigrid, Christy Turlington. Liya gave me some nice pieces of her Lem Lem collection. It’s nice to make room in our NY apartments for a good reason. Spring Studios gave me a space, which is amazing. I steamed and tagged everything for a week and Google-d how much everything was worth in today’s market. In one day, we raised $20,000. People who came said “I wish I had heard about this sooner. I wish I could have given you more” so next time I think I’ll do it for at least 2-3 days

Is there a plan in place as far as raising money for the charity in the future?

The problem is now that Ebola hit and the military took over at the end of the year, it has slowed things down. I haven’t been able to go back. It worries me but I want to try and help as much as I can. Now I’m going to Zimbabwe this coming August to continue the work we’ve started.

What was it like traveling to Burkina Faso?

It was insane. I’ve never been anywhere like that. It is one of the 5 poorest countries in the world so basically no infrastructure. No streets, no houses, nothing. The road is basically the city. But I saw these beautiful women doing everything with this stunning clothing wrapped around them. It’s hard because there is so much to do and you get overwhelmed by everything that is needed in order to improve.

What kind of advice does “Because I am a Girl” offer to people throughout the world? How do people support the organization?
Any kind of money helps because in Burkina Faso alone, Plan International has 180 people working there. UNICEF has more. As soon as funds come in, they build a school and educate. Of course awareness is great but really people just talking about it doesn’t help that much. If anyone wants to support the easiest way is to visit online to donate at becauseiamagirl.ca, plan.de, or planusa.org.

What’s on the horizon for the “Because I am a Girl” organization?

Plan International helps all over the world. For my ambassador position, I want to continue to focus on Africa as I see so much potential to grow and simply find it the most inspiring and beautiful place I’ve ever been to. I want to give the help I can and it’s also given me pleasure and purpose. I feel that I grow most by meeting different cultures and experiencing from the source.

To purchase pieces from the Toni Garrn for Closed line, please visit Closed.

models.com (mdx/toni-garrn/)

Wow, she looks absolutely gorgeous in this shoot! :heart:
Best she's looked in a while and a lot like the younger Toni I sometimes miss.

She'll be on the next episode of Germany's Next Top Model, which airs next Thursday.

ok-magazin

Wow, she looks absolutely gorgeous in this shoot! :heart:
Best she's looked in a while and a lot like the younger Toni I sometimes miss.

YEAP. My favorite one is the one that she is smiling. I love her smile!

My screen shots of her Germany's Next Topmodel appearance today

She was actually really nice and likable. We know this is not always her strong suit... :wink:
I burst out laughing when she said "I'm so excited to be here, I have never met anybody who has participated in a show like this" - No a very good sign for Heidi's previous winners. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myegotakesover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->