00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

style

The prints early to mid feel like Keith Haring's primitive graphicism that Nicholas Kirkwood has riffed on recently.

And I loved the shiny but slouchy sports thing that runs through the collection. TSU continue to go from strength to strength.

Metallic and print overkill: my eyes, MY EYES!! They are burning in the Egyptian sands.

Phew, that was a close one. At first I read the title as "Topshop Uniqlo". This collection is a visual feast - or horridness - of Egyptian patterns and decor. There is a sense of escapism here. Topshop are clamouring for higher statue in the fashion world but as liberal as these creations may be I struggle to depart from the view of hundreds of teens I see standing outside TopTop on Oxford Street everyday, using it as a meeting point. Topshop is simply not sartorial enough for me to take the brand runway serious.

Topshop calling itself a runway brand is akin to Mcdonalds calling themselves a restaurant. The incoherence is overwhelmingly hard to ignore.

Can they hire someone to tone it down please. It wouldn't hurt their sales if they produced a beautiful well thought out collection....but then it might kinda kill the joy of seeing it on other designers runways :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->