Toteme F/W 2022.23 : Africa Garcia, Caren Jepkemei & Rolf Schrader by Steven Meisel

Although it's a very obvious recreation of his past work, I couldn't be happier with the result. Vintage, yet modern at the same time; it's clean, polished and simply beautiful! Love the use new faces here as well.

Unfortunately this concept wasn't executed well. The photographs lack cohesion as well as proportion and perspective. It's not quirky, nor is it refined. Might I even say messy? I can't help but think of Steven Klein when I see images like this. He would have killed this concept. They are nice photographs individually, but not combined together.

This looks like a Hugo Comte or Ethan James Green attempt at imitating Meisel. Messy!

Looked up Totême because I honestly had no idea where this brand even came from but saw some past campaigns with Hilary Rhoda, who would be very fitting in this.

The third and last two shots are the only ones that kind of work. That being said, the clothes themselves are rather insipid and flat looking, so making them work would be difficult and they make the perspective look even weirder.

They looks almost the same as Carolyn, Oluchi and Danielle in that VI ed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->