Travel Guide : Florida

starfish

Reaction score
so, i decided to surprise my boyfriend with a holiday for his 30th birthday, and i wanna take him to florida in march - but should we go to miami or orlando?

traveling from sweden - does anyone happen to know where to get cheap flights?

for how long should we stay, is 6 or 7 days enough to see "everything"?

any advice on hotels? budget: no more than $200 a night for both of us.
preferably with pool, but not nessecary. the most important thing is that it's clean and not too far away from everything. i've stayed in way too many shabby hotels in my time.

neither of us enjoy the beach particularily, and i suppose we can do shopping in both cities. i would love to visit disney world, though. if we decide to go to miami - is it too far to go?

what do we need to see? are there any specific tourist attractions?

anybody happen to know of a club playing twee / indie?

recommendations of vegetarian restaurants are very welcome!

all advice about basically anything would be muchly appreciated!:heart::D

ow. i was looking for this thread and hoped it would be a bit more...
i am traveling to florida in december. first orlando, then we´ll go to miami.
any advices?

^I was in Miami last week.
My first advice would be rent a car! public transportation is bad, so slow it takes forever to go to places. I was staying at a friend´s house near the financial district and it took like 40 mins to go to Miami Beach, even more to go Bal Harbour. I didn´t try to go to other places cause I didn´t want to spend half the day on a bus...
I´m not a fan of the beach but loved Miami/South Beach, the neighbourhood is so lovely specially Española Way.
Even though the days are hot the nights are chilly so bring a jacket/sweaters.

we are not sure about our hotel in miami yet. we rent a flat for 6 nights in Orlando and also rent a car to drive around.
in miami we are unsure about the districts. like which one is a good one to stay and in which one we should never go etc...

holidays in florida were amazing. christmas in america is totally different to christmas in germany. it was nice to see the differences.

anyways my boyfriend says in august/september it´s too hot in florida, but everywhereI look it up it says it´s never hotter than 35°c/95°F. Anyone here who can clarify?
Also when is the hurricane-season?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arielmarison
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->