Travel Guide : London

London Food (Chelsea)

Hi
Ive just moved to London and i am living in chelsea just near sloane square. i was jut wondering if anyone knew if there were any fruit and vegetable markets that happen during the week or weekend close by? also where a good supermarket shop is?

p.s sorry i didnt know where to post this..

Kings Road Market ( near Duke of York Square) is open on Saturday from 10am - 5pm, which is very close to Sloane Square tube station. You can get wonderful fruit and vegs there.

Big supermarkets such as Marks & Spencer and Waitrose are also on Kings Road.

Hope this do answer you.

It isn't close but should you ever have free time, take a trip to Borough market for fruit and veg

Borough Market

8 Southwark Street, SE1 1TL, Tel: 020 7402 1002, Website: www.boroughmarket.org.uk, Open: 4am-10am Mon-Fri (fruit wholesale), midday-6pm Thu-Fri, 9am-4pm Sat (food market) Tube: London Bridge, Show Map
Borough Market is actually one of London's oldest wholesale fruit and vegetable markets. With a history dating back to medieval times (when the market was situated on London Bridge) there's evidence that fruit and vegetables were sold even then, along with goods such as grain and fish.

With Bankside enjoying a revival in recent years, a number of high-profile restaurant and retail businesses have been attracted to the area. All this is good news for Borough Market of course, with the knock-on effect resulting in higher demand for quality fruit and vegetables. Weekends see the emphasis change from fruit and vegetables to food, including European specialities, cheeses, meats and more exotic delights.

http://www.talkingcities.co.uk/london_pages/shopping_markets.htm

Oh and I used to like the weird chocolate in the General Trading Company just opposite Peter Jones.

there used to be great baker - Baker and Spice close by where I lived in Chelsea (also close to Sloane Sq) but it closed.. I googled them and they appear to have reopened albeit at another location: Chelsea
47 Denyer Street, Chelsea, SW3 2LX
020 7589 4734 | [email protected]

Ofcourse you have the great (and expensive) food halls of Harrods close by and Harvey Nic 5th floor has a small but nice selection.

faber-castell you make me a bit jealous.. I want to go back now..

Great new restaurants in/around soho, mayfair, chelsea ?
I was thinking Petrus (but it's fully booked :( ) Locanda Locatelli, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon..
I'm sans child in London so childfriendliness is not an issue

Got any suggestions ?

i'm going to london this summer and i wanted to know if there is a nice restaurant or bar where you have a great view. you know, somewhere on the top floor, a terrace overlooking london's skyline.
any tips?

If you have LOADS of money to chuck around...30 st Mary axe would be AMAZING...

http://www.30stmaryaxe.com/content.asp?contentid=4

(the gherkin)

537357661_87c7cb24fa.jpg

[flickr - Slaminsky's]

London hilton on park lane Galvin windows...

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hot...7848B98FE221278FE040D4C4C2E2DC9E.etc12#detail

Erm, there are a lot of french cake shops etc.
There is one on Marylebone High St and a 'Le Patisserie Le Valerie' in Soho. :smile:

^Thanks, I might try to find those. Do you know of any where around/in Oxford Street? :flower:

What do you guys think about the Wolseley for lunch or dinner?

160 Piccadilly
Piccadilly , London, W1J 9EB

London Information

Hey guys,

I'm taking a little trip to London next summer and wanted to get a head start booking a hotel. I'm from Austin and everything here is young and eclectic, and I was wondering if there are any areas in London where twenty somethings usually stay/hang out/shop.

Thanks so much for your help!

Working Holidays In London - Help Me!

Hey,

So its about 2 and a half weeks untill a depart Western Australia bound for London to start a working holiday. I am going by myself and I dont know anybody there so Im a bit scared but it should also be a great life experience.
If anyone could give me any advice it would be greatly appreciated, whether you live in London or have been on working holiday there yourself.
I am staying with a friend of a friend for 2days when I first arrive and then Im guessing Ill be moving onto a hostel or a flatshare if I can find one. Does anyone know anyone with a spare room to rent? Im looking to stay in the East London area, Hackney, Shoreditch etc.

All advice welcome and greatly appreciated!

Hey poo :smile:D)Get a copy of TNT or Loot when you arrive as they are great for finding accomodation - although the good flatshares go reeeeaaalllly quickly - so start the search early in the morning on the days the paper's come out... otherwise gumtree.com is cool for accomodation too etc

London is a great city - I came over 8 years ago from Melb and fell in LOVE - and am still here!! Get work as quickly as possible cos it hurts to keep spending your hard earned $AUD in such an expensive city... and you'll meet loads of people too so it makes the city even more fun when you have locals to show you around!!

Best of luck - I'm sure you'll have a ball!!

x

London town...

Ola!

I am back in London town... I Love it! But, now that I'm all shopped out and I keep finding myself bored out of my mind.

Reason being, in between classes (LCF) and castings I have a lot, A LOT of spare time on my hands... My good friends all seem to be all over the world working, and everyone I meet in London seems to just party and not do much else.

Anyone in London?

Coffee, random... Whatever, just looking to meet like minded cool people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->