Travel Guide : London

yay!! lots of places to hit!! thanks so much for all the suggestions!

Hey guys can anyone tell me any really romantic spots in London to visit? I'm going over there in just over a wk (my bf :heart: bought me a return ticket from Australia to go over to see him for my bday :blush: :wub: such a sweetie). Any suggestions would be great!

How kind of your BF !!

:heart:

If the weather is nice I think the parks in London can be very romantic, Hyde Park & Kensington Gardens in particular. Or you can always go up to Primrose Hill and hang out around Camden Locks which is really nice.

If you go to Kensington Gardens you can always wander around Kensington High Street and Notting Hill.

There's a boating lake in Regents Park which might be nice !!

Or you could have a boat tripdown the Thames.

I'll try & think of some more for you !

Also meant to add Hampstead Heath (25 lakes), Richmond Park (has deer) and Holland Park (has Japanses Gardens!).

:D

My favorite shopping places - liberty, shops on sloan st., and, of course, topshop.

Ritz for breakfast!!
my foodie uncle raved about breakfast at ritz, so I gave it a try. Turns out I had the best breakfast in my life at Ritz. Not too expensive, nothing like the hype ive heard about their afternoon tea - the only down side was I had to wake up early that morning.

Topshop oxford circus is a must as are all our high street stores (All Saints, H&M, Miss Selfridge) and Selfridges & Liberty for department stores

Portobello Road of course, but you need to be at the Landbroke Grove end (under the Westway flyover) eith Friday AM or Saturday AM. While you're there go to One Of A Kind on Portobello Road on the right as you walk down towards Nottinghill Gate.

Also worth a look is Brick Lane for Rokitt and Start and Spitalfields fashion market on a Thursday.

Restaurant wise I'd say go to Hakkasan (soho) and The Thai Market Bar on Portobello Road.

For parks go to Holland Park - its the only decent one and its nice and small.

Don't bother with bond street or sloane street (unless you want desienger stuff you can get in the US for half the price) or Harrods.

The Tate Modern gallery. The Thames footbridge. Maybe the big ferris wheel thingy whatever (didn't go there).

Any any cute shopping district (others can rec., I've forgotten names) where you can just amble not on a schedule and grab lunch wherever.

I love this thread so much! :woot: Thank you all! (btw I hope to save enough money for a week long trip to London in the beginning of August) :flower:

-facing the constables' from the cracked red leather sofas in the british art room at the national gallery

As a reply to miss moss can I just say that there are loads of other decent parks in london, especially if you care to (shock horror!) step out the west of london!
Hampstead heath is stunning and well worth a trip, its like the country in london. On a hot day ( yes we do have them - its 30 degrees in london today!) go and swim in the swimming lakes on the heath and soak up the literary atmosphere esp around highgate cemetery.
Richmond park is amazing - go to the part called parliament hill where there is an amazing view of central london inc st pauls cathedral dome but you can be looking at this surrounded by herds of deer as it is 10 miles square.Good cycling territory.

Even here in the poor east end we have good parks, Epping forest is great and go for sunday roast lunch at the Alfred Hitchcock pub, then rowing on the lakes.Even poor old victoria park can be lovely.

There are loads more that are equally as good as Holland park, believe me!

hyde park is a good park too.......
i mean its soooo enormous, you have as much room as you like, especiall seeing as there are millions of people in the surroundings, and you still have enough space to play a proper game of soccer.

Pineal Eye

I think the Pineal Eye is closing down. Has anyone seen the 'Thank You Sale' sign in their window?

Scott said:
Having not been yet,I can give some shopping addy's for where I am eager to visit when there,

Pineal Eye(of course!)-49 Broadwick St. Soho

Good place,if you're interested in learning some of those designers works that I have posted on here :wink:

B Store-6 Conduit Street.

Kokon To Zai- 57 Greek Street

This is designer Marjan Pejoski's multi-label shop

Concrete-35 A Marshall Street(just behind Oxford Circus and not far from Conduit, if I am not mistaken)

This is a PR company for the likes of Preen,Boudicca and others. Much of the stock are show samples of their clients, and are normally a huge % off what you would pay in most retail shops.

There was another I found out about that sells alot of up-and-coming Scandinavian talents but I forget the name
:blush:

As for anything else,I'm sure Acid* will be a big help :flower:

Best of London Nightlife

Ya, so I'm going to spend about two weeks in London visiting my 19 year old cousin and grandparents. And since the last about two months I've had a pretty busy nightlife here in Toronto, I'm not about to give it up just because of vacation. Actually, isn't that what vacation is for? Anyways guys, do you know of any great nightlife/clubbing hotspots in London? It doesn't really matter what area it's in, preferably in the North East or Central part, or if the place is very close to a tube station. I'm really looking forward to this year's vacation, please help me out, guys! :blush:

EDIT: I forgot, I'm 15 :ninja: and since my cousin is 19, he would be able to get in to the older clubs, and I probably wouldn't. By the way, I heard that security is not as strict in Europe as it is in Canada, is that true? Would I be able to get into nice clubs with my age?? Ya, so preferably under 19 clubs. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->