Travel Guide : London

I don't live in London, but I remember a good club in Bricklane, 93 feet east.

I don't live in London either but I liked
the Ghetto (club)
the End (club
the Long Bar and the Purple Bar at Sanderson Hotel

plastic people? its by the old street station..aphex twin sometimes makes an appearance there. Fabric is overrated. Bar Vinyl in camden town is good

Last edited by a moderator:
Sketch west bar
kabaret's prophacy
attica (for the music... NOT the people)
china white (for the music!!!!!!)
shadow lounge
sanderson long bar
ghetto, wednesdays and possibly fridays
pangaea

never go to these places though unless they are private parties....
tantra
the collection
trap :sick:

I went equinox Friady gone,it's in leicester square and it was clearly one of the best nights I've ever had.The music was great as well as the atmosphere.I've also been to Trap and Click but they weren't anything special apart from good music-you mostly get wannabes in there-big boobs, loads of fake tan etc.

my favourite shops apart from Selfridges are

REISS (beautiful textiles and lovely design)
and Shop (also known as Shop Girl). I took this little review off a shopping website. I adored this placeand bought my favourite necklace EVER there:
shop
spacer1.gif
(soho)descriptionultra-cool one stop cult shop stocking the best of women's street style and fashion. 10 years on and still going strong. products strictly women's clothing and accessories with bags, socks and shoes available depending on seasons. homewares and body/bath range is a new addition to the store. clientele: miss moss and miss frost anyone? cool chicks looking for the latest and greatest. serviceservices comes with a smile, always ready to check if they have your size. interiorbasement shop is cosy, but not cluttered. racks and layout is spacious and the neon lights add a touch of disco. check out the padded change room by s.k. hyde address4 brewer street - LONDON W1F 0SB

Also, check out Greenwich if you want to see a cosy, sweet village just minutes from central London, lovely dining to be had there too.

The Trading Company on Symons St (close by Sloane Square) :heart:

Boy Ad Hoc (accesories store on Kings Road)

Harvey Nic & Selfridges

Portobello Rd Market and Covent Garden Market

The Park Restaurant (at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel at Knightsbridge)

Imperial War Museum

Agent Provocateur

Top Shop

..etc etc..

i've only just moved to london last year...but here are some of my recommendations...

shopping
shop, brewer street: vivienne westwood, eley kishimoto, silas, babette, hyde s.k, birdie, adidas originals, cacharel, marc by marc jacobs

souvenir, brewer street: sara berman, cacharel, vivienne westwood

souvenir, lexington street: a.p.c., jessica ogden

koh samui, monmouth street: balenciaga, missoni, eley kishimoto

gamba, somewhere in covent garden: repetto ballet shoes

french sole, ellis street: ballet slippers

christian louboutin, somewhere in sloane street

marni, sloane street: amazing looking store

dover street market, dover street: rei kawakubo's emporium - comme des garcons, junya watanabe, universal utility, margiela, raf simons, undercover, lanvin

supra girls: silas, birdie, nike, streetwear type of stuff

the hideout, upper james street: men's street wear - love visvim shoes - wish i can fit the smaller sizes of goodenough

busy workshop, upper james street: good for getting bape accessories as souvenirs, smaller sizes of knits are good for girls

footpatrol, st. anne's court: sneakers!

berk, burlington arcade: john smedley's with traditional fits

liberty, regent street: liberty print things are good as souvenirs, also for eley kishimoto, jessica ogden, tsumori chisato, zucca, margiela

jal plaza igirisuya: lavenham, mackintosh, harris tweed stuff

mackintosh/globetrotter store, burlington arcade

eating
yauatcha, soho: dimsum and delicate chinese-style french pastries

patiserie valerie, soho: french pastries, very fattening but so good

bruno, wardour street: english breakfast, sandwiches, the usual

canaletto, broadwick street (i think:( omelette, sausages & mash, ciabatta

masala zone, soho: curry

ten ten tei, brewer street: japanese food

konditor & cook, chancery lane or design museum: everything is amazing

S&M cafe, portobello road: sausages & mash in many reincarnations

melati, great windmill street: singaporean/malaysian food

far east bakery, chinatown: chinese pastries

west cornwall pasty: pasties!

brick lane beigel: cream cheese bagels and onion platzels

sightseeing, visiting
tate modern

white cube gallery

hyde park, st. jame's park, all the parks are nice

millenium bridge

I love Primerose hill - Camden - Nothing Hill and Hamsted

bikkle said:
i've only just moved to london last year...but here are some of my recommendations...

shopping
shop, brewer street: vivienne westwood, eley kishimoto, silas, babette, hyde s.k, birdie, adidas originals, cacharel, marc by marc jacobs

souvenir, brewer street: sara berman, cacharel, vivienne westwood

souvenir, lexington street: a.p.c., jessica ogden

koh samui, monmouth street: balenciaga, missoni, eley kishimoto

gamba, somewhere in covent garden: repetto ballet shoes

french sole, ellis street: ballet slippers

marni, sloane street: amazing looking store

dover street market, dover street: rei kawakubo's emporium - comme des garcons, junya watanabe, universal utility, margiela, raf simons, undercover, lanvin

supra girls: silas, birdie, nike, streetwear type of stuff

the hideout, upper james street: men's street wear - love visvim shoes - wish i can fit the smaller sizes of goodenough

busy workshop, upper james street: good for getting bape accessories as souvenirs, smaller sizes of knits are good for girls

footpatrol, st. anne's court: sneakers!

berk, burlington arcade: john smedley's with traditional fits

liberty, regent street: liberty print things are good as souvenirs, also for eley kishimoto, jessica ogden, tsumori chisato, zucca, margiela

jal plaza igirisuya: lavenham, mackintosh, harris tweed stuff

mackintosh/globetrotter store, burlington arcade

eating
yauatcha, soho: dimsum and delicate chinese-style french pastries

patiserie valerie, soho: french pastries, very fattening but so good

bruno, wardour street: english breakfast, sandwiches, the usual

canaletto, broadwick street (i think:( omelette, sausages & mash, ciabatta

ten ten tei, brewer street: japanese food

konditor & cook, chancery lane or design museum: everything is amazing

S&M cafe, portobello road: sausages & mash in many reincarnations

melati, great windmill street: singaporean/malaysian food

far east bakery, chinatown: chinese pastries

west cornwall pasty: pasties!

brick lane beigel: cream cheese bagels and onion platzels

sightseeing, visiting
tate modern

white cube gallery

hyde park, st. jame's park, all the parks are nice

millenium bridge

I'm moving to London in May! Can't WAIT! :woot:

tate modern, Fashion & Textile Museum, Harvey Nicks and Selfridges and Harrods, Hyde park, when im hungry fortnum & mason, london eye you can see for miles, notting hill, and thats all i can think of stright of my head

Thank you model_mom for directing me to this lovely site! I'm In Taiwan now, and flying to London in two days for two weeks with my new English bf. I'm making a list of places I want to go, and sending it to him. How patient he is when I do my shopping will be the true test as to whether this relationship will last! Ha ha!! : )

Anyways, thanks again everyone, for all your input, and softgrey for starting this thread.

luv you all,

Candice

bikkle said:

If I recall correctly Christian Louboutine is located at 23 Motcomb st. which is close by Sloane St. , atleast that was where it was located when I lived in Chelsea 2 years ago:flower:

I agree with your recommendation of Masala Zone.. its cheap and fast..an Indian kind of fastfood..I've had quiet a few fast lunches there!

Def do Tatty Devine.
Go to the Bead Shop in Covent Garden - really inspiring stuff!
Waterloo Bridge will always be my favourite bridge - its the perfect spot to see west london (Houses of Parl, London eye etc) and then on the other you have the city with the great Gerkhin Building. See it at night. Get the Number 12 Bus route as its a really cool route.
For great Guiness, the only place that still ships in Guinness from Ireland it the Toucan just off of Soho Square.
The Wardour Street Odeon is great for a really cheap saturday afternoon film. That and the Prince Charles - the PC cinema has "snoggers" seats. Really large seats that fit two people. :D

NOTTING HILL .. the MARKET on SATURDAYS... full of models and all ... and cool clothes

where should I live in london?

I'm going to be studying fashion design in london next year. any recommendations as to which neighborhoods to look to find a flat?

I'm living in the west village now, grew up in italy, but I've never lived in london.

i was told to look in notting hill and kensington..

any ideas?

THANKS!

Depends on how much you're willing to spend on rent, Notting Hill and Kensington are very expensive places.
I'll presonally recommned Clapham North

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->