Travel Guide : London

the cheap ticket thing you are talking about is in leicester square

there is a designer womenswear sale at a club called Pangaea soon.....i will re-check my email and let u all know.

other places u might wanna check out are:

-Kensignton Palace gardens (its the road from north to south just on the left on hyde park.....its where dimploats and billionaire's have properties....they are amazing houses and u cant miss the road because there are armed police at either ends)

-wigmore street is always nice to walk on.....u always see famous people plus they have some good stores

-the road parallel to duke street (right hand side of selfridges) is GREAT in the summer.......i really cant think what the road is called but it is a non-car zone and its full of nice restaurants where u can eat outside. its always packed.

there is a similar road in covent garden, dunno the name of that either, but there is a little road with orange painted walls you walk through and you lead into a courtyard which has great restaurants.
all of the hollywood pack eat there when they're in town doing theatre shows.

Kings road - shopping

Bond street - shopping

Leicester Square - just for walks

Covent Gardens - for the entertainment

I'm leaving for London on September 20! :woot:

This thread has been an enormous help, thanks everyone!

I'm leaving to London in 8 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi everyone...i'll be going to london next month...last time everyone was incredibly helpful...but it seems our old thread has been deleted... :angry: :cry:

i hate to impose...but if anyone has any good shopping, eating or drinking suggestions i would be most grateful...

i'll be staying in covent garden this time...so anything around there would be great...i know there are a lot of shops around there...is there anything especially good i should check out...they all start to look the same after awhile y'know...

impossible princess...you seeem to do a lot of shopping and i always love your choices...anything you can recommend?...

leyla...any tips now that you're living there full time...
acid-gucci-?

sedi...i know you practically gave me a map of london last time...and i still have the print out...so i will bring that with me...

any good cultural events ...photo exhibits...etc...during the week of oct 17th???

thanks again..!!!

:flower: :heart:

ok......im not sure if this will still be running when you're here
but at Liberties, there is going to be a HUGE runway photo exhibition in aid of Chris Moore (famous runway photographer) so definately check that out

there is a brand spanking new restaurant called Leon (never been but its supposed to be nice)

an AMAZING AMAZING new club on beak street called Kabaret's Prophacy.......i went for the first time a couple of nights ago, the walls are made from lights (remember justin timberlakes rock-ya body video?? well its like that) very cool.......the bathrooms are very arty too, a but raunchy :wink: u will see

umm i cant think of anything else significant thats new, i'll have a think

o...you see...something is wrong...you can't go back to the earlier pages of that link...
it says the link is broken or out of date...what does that mean...???!!!

mods?...admins???

cr*p..!!!...now the link isn't working at all...what's up?... :ermm: :doh: :cry:

its cause i merged the topic for you Softie!
look.....there are now 7 pages

:clap:

yay!...thanks sean...cool...!!!
i will be arriving in london on oct 15th...and have that whole week to wander the streets of london before heading to paris the following weekend...

can anyone remember the name of that restaurant opened by one half of a design team that went out of business...where they also have karaoke...i want to find that...
can't remember ....i think it was the guy from house of jazz???

Don't know the restaurant you mean softgrey but I don't pay that much attention to restaurant reviews.

Westbourne Grove is just beside Portobello road. Its really nice - a lot more chilled out & villagey - there are a number of good shops there, matches, joseph (which has Marni), heidi klein.... Its just a nice vibe going on. Me & my sister always go there & buy gigantic fairy cakes from a deli (owned by one of the Conrans) & sit on a bench on the street & watch all the people go by. Its much less frenetic than the big shops. Theres a shop caled the Cross nearby as well in Holland park which is nice although a bit off the beaten track.

i might be in the mood for marni.

that's a part of town i didn't hit on my last trip that i want to explore on this one...thanks for the tip... :flower:

there is gonna be a steve klein madonna tour imagery exhibition between 15th and 30th october :wink: it seems real good

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 24 2004, 09:47 AM
:clap:

can anyone remember the name of that restaurant opened by one half of a design team that went out of business...where they also have karaoke...i want to find that...
can't remember ....i think it was the guy from house of jazz???
[snapback]374599[/snapback]​

i figured it out in case anyone's interested...
House Of Jazz Designer Pablo Flack Opens Bistrotheque

Opening on April 30th is a brand new restaurant from House of Jazz designer – Pablo Flack. Situated in east London ‘Bistrotheque’ will not only offer traditional fare such as; scallops, black pudding and mash, and cod, chips and pea puree but also caters for those in need of a drink and some evening entertainment. Set over two floors of an old clothing factory Bistrotheque restaurant offers two dining rooms, along with a bar – The Napoleon and The Playroom, which will serve up a variety of entertainment from Live Bands to ****** Lip Synching. Bistrotheque, 23, Wadeson Street, London E2 – 020 8983 7900.  

I don't know if someone already said this but...

Having tea at the Sevoy (I'm sure I butchered the name) is a must. My sister, mom, and I being the American pigs we are stuffed our faces as soon as the waiters set down the trays full of fantastic finger sandwiches, small pastries and tarts, scones with butter and jelly, and other fun stuff. Sick to my stomach when we left. :sick: :innocent:

Hi Softie

The Mandarin Oriental Hotel (66 Knightsbridge)
has both an award winning restaurant "The Foliage" and a value-for-your-money cheaper restaurant "The Park" (it's the same kitchen making the food for both restaurants). It has italian, indian, vietnamese, thai, chinese.... "you name it food".

If you're in Soho there are a lot of great places to check out
"Busaba Eathai" thai,
"Opium" vietnamese and
"Aperitivo" italian

Have a great trip :flower:

I forgot something..that I thought might interest you. Across from Aperitivo there is a little bead shop, its fab if you like to customize stuff.

The Victoria and Albert Museum with its Dress Gallery :heart:

The loveliest buys on a capital list

Financial Times, UK - Dec 3, 2004

... Under the direction of Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garçons, other labels include: Lanvin, Alaia, Peachoo Krejberg and Anne Valerie Hash. ...

Could somebody who has a subscription post please:-)
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paintnitelife
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->