Travel Guide : Los Angeles

Mr. Lee said:
I'm planning to move to Cali in about a year but am not sure if I should move to LA, OC or San Diego. For my business (financing expensive homes) they should all be good but for the beach, the social scene, attractive girls, which county is best?

OC for sure!

assembler needles and pens is kind of DIY art gallery/clothing/misc store/collective. they have shows and host events and everyone is invited. it's pretty awesome.

www.needles-pens.com

*edit* i didn't see marcella's post when i wrote this...anyway, here it is again! :lol: and she's right about fecal face...it has amazing listings.

read through this thread for more things to do in SF..it's chock full of amazing suggestions.

have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Los Angeles

oK I'M not sure if this would go here but I am planning on moving out to L.A. but I am not sure where the best place is to live for someone in their mid 20ies. I was thinking BH or Hollywood hills but I need help.Please is any of you that are from L.A. have any reccomendations please do tell..I don't know the diff. between where century city is or bh's is or westwood is..i don't like highways and i want to work in the entertainment industry so i want to be close to work. any suggestions pelase do tell. i am leaning towards beverly hills is that close to century city? aghhh..thanks a bunch

la hotels

what is the nicest trendist hotel i should stay at in la that has a great party scene
thanks also any trendy restaurants would help!

stylewhore said:
what is the nicest trendist hotel i should stay at in la that has a great party scene
thanks also any trendy restaurants would help!

I recommend the Roosevelt.. Great location and great parties!

scandinavianchic said:
I recommend the Roosevelt.. Great location and great parties!

i stayed at the standard in west hollywood..that one is good too..:D

I love California, I used to live there for a year ! and I'll probably go back for my study....

anyway I wanted to ask, in your opinion, where is the best place to live in LA? what neighborhood?? santa monica, downtown LA, hollywood, beverly hills, Brentwood, westwood etc....?

and more particularly what to do you think about West Hollywood?

I'm planning on moving out to California after I graduate college (in 2008). I was wondering what is the best place to live if I want to work in the Film Industry? Obviously near Los Angeles is going to have the most work opportunities, so I'm wondering which neighborhood is best commute-wise to the major studios? I'd just love to be about to bike to work or take local transportation if possible. Thanks! :heart:

i'm trying to move out to california within the next year..hopefully in the los feliz,echo park,silver lake region..any one from there have any thoughts or advice about the areas? I'm an artist so i thought those would be the best areas to move to..

So many of us are moving out to California... Wow! We should all meet up or something. :wink:

Stylewhore says:
oK I'M not sure if this would go here but I am planning on moving out to L.A. but I am not sure where the best place is to live for someone in their mid 20ies. I was thinking BH or Hollywood hills but I need help.Please is any of you that are from L.A. have any reccomendations please do tell..I don't know the diff. between where century city is or bh's is or westwood is..i don't like highways and i want to work in the entertainment industry so i want to be close to work. any suggestions pelase do tell. i am leaning towards beverly hills is that close to century city? aghhh..thanks a bunch

I would recommend West Hollywood or maybe Silver Lake/Los Feliz, which has a great young indie scene. I live in Brentwood, which is more affluent and yuppy-ish than the aforementioned places, but I like that about this part of the city. It's not so "LA" and sceney, but rather more low key and normal. But if you are planning a big move here, I am sure the LA scene is just what you are looking for! And someone suggested the Roosevelt hotel for a good place to go and I completely agree. Winston's on Santa Monica Blvd. is also pretty cool and chilled out (though this may not be the case for much longer after Perez Hilton recently mentioned it on his website!).

I would only recommend the Hollywood Hills as a place to live if you have a few million in the bank.:innocent:

can anyone please suggest nice places to visit? i will be there on vacation for 15 days and would love to know which are the best places to visit:flower:

^check out citysearch

Try going to Catalina Island

The Boardwalk - you won't be bored

Solvang - the little Danish town

Palm Springs - the outlets aren't that great, but there is an aerial tram that takes you up a mountain where it snows! It's really cool considering that Palm Springs is really hot. www.pstramway.com

Disneyland is a must if you have kids but it's obviously way overpriced

Huntington Botanical Gardens in San Marino is very pretty

DON'T fly in to LAX. Try to fly in from nearby, smaller airports like the Long Beach Airport. In my experience, the lines were shorter and LAX is a nightmare...the last time I came in to there, it took 3 hours to get home from all the traffic :ninja:

There's always something happening in L.A., whether it's an art show or a concert. Search the internet :flower:

If you like nature, there's Switzer Falls in the Angeles National Forest

I hope I was helpful:flower:

Hmmm, so I'm supposed to go to LA in the beginning of May, but the problem is as 18 year olds, we can't get a car rental. If we flew to LA, are we pretty much stranded without a car? Are taxis extremely expensive?..... ....

Would you say there are alternative modes of transporation?

For the people here who want to be in the film/entertainment industry...you have to be very serious. It is not as easy as "oh if I move to Beverly Hills I will get a job in entertainment!!!" "The industry" is VERY TOUGH and it takes a lot to just get your foot in the door. I know a lot of people in the industry and they are all exhausted when they come back home...you have to deal with a lot of crazy people and every one is so entitled and they want every thing done for them RIGHT NOW and if you do not do it RIGHT NOW then there is hell to pay :lol: So yeah it is not as glamorous as people think and it is very, very hard. Sure there are good things but do not take it like a simple job. It is not as fluffy as it sounds.

I am not trying to scare any one away...just preparing you! :lol:

out of those counties i'd go with Los Angeles. I live there and it's amazing...it's tough to find a good job and good housing there, but as long as you work hard you should be ok really. There's so much to do at every minute of the day, it's really an experience you can't get anywhere else :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->